MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

on 5/24/2013 11:17:00 AM

Its a drying but well pigmented and long wearing formula. The color which is a somewhat bright coral-salmon has too much of a chemical smell for my liking . I can tolerate the smell after a while and I like the color but only with a layer of balm underneath and only with a brownish red lipliner and lipgloss on top. The texture applied directly from the bullet feels like it's pulling my lip. Not a repurchase for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! I have over 30 MAC lipsticks and I went into MAC recently and was looking at the lipsticks, as if I needed any more XD anyways Crosswires caught my eye and I wanted something for special occasions or nights out. MAC Crosswires is the perfect red lipstick for me. Iím not bold enough to wear MAC Ruby Woo, Russian Red or Brave Red so I decided to get MAC Crosswires. With just two swipes it appears as a beautiful perfect red lipstick for me. Something different but not too crazy. It doesnít give you that clown face. Itís perfect for those who are trying to find a red lipstick but are afraid to go full on red. Itís like a sheer red and you can apply less or more to your liking. Itís very buildable, smooth, long lasting and comfortable since itís a cremesheen. Itís so beautiful and gorgeous on the lips I highly recommend to everyone!

on 5/3/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It's a very warm coral. I liked the creaminess. However, the color was harder to work with than the other MAC lipsticks I owned. The lipstick emphasized any lines or dryness I had (whereas that was never a problem with the amplified finishes).

on 4/28/2013 4:24:00 PM

Crosswires is a hot pinkish coral, its bright and makes a statement without being over the top. I find coral colours hard to wear as I have a very cool toned nw10 complexion, but it pulls pink on me making it a very flattering shade! Wear is about 3-4 hours, but it does leave a pretty stain on my lips so I only have to reapply once a day at most. An excellent spring/ summer shade!!

on 4/19/2013 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this lipstick. It's a very pretty coral colour, perfect for an everyday look, and perfect for going out! I seriously like it, as it's very moisturizing as well.

on 4/14/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

love this color for the summer time. its a pretty pinkish coralish color. bright (not neonish) and fun. suits my skintone and lips very well (nc42). stays on all day as long as i dont eat or kiss lol

on 4/10/2013 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was a terrible pastel orange lipstick which clashed horribly with my skin. I'd read that it was similar to Viva Glam Cyndi which is why I bought it online, but its completely different and looks very garish on me. Of course if I mix it with gloss and what not I can 'make it work' but I don't have time for that when I buy a product. I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin tones, I'm sure it would look lovely on lighter skin tones however, the texture is nice and its a decent quality lipstick.

on 4/9/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing color!! Great Spring and Summer color! Check it out. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this lipstick a while ago. I wanted to get "Vegas Volt" and I was browsing for another pinkish coral, as I love the summer pallete. The MUA in Mac proposed "Crosswires". I liked it immediately, but it was when friends started noticing it on my lips that I considered it a favourite. I am NW15-20 and I think it compliments my hazel eyes. It is subdued yet pretty and fresh. For my complexion is a "your lips but better" colour and it seems to complete a casual make-up look. If you hesitate to buy this due to the high price (I live in Greece where Mac products are on the High-end range) there is a pretty close Sephora dupe "Jelous 07" in the rouge creme range.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful true coral with a slight golden sheen. It reminded me of Revlon's Peach Parfait lip butter, but this had more juicyness and less shimmer (Revlon's pretty dry and tossing some glitter in there doesn't really compensate). Gorgeous spring/summer color.
EDIT: this is definitely brighter and more pigmented than Peach Parfait. It actually creates a stain on me, which I love to wear with a clear gloss. This looks SUPERB on me with a tan. Reminds me of the hot coral (yet natural?) vibe of Bobbi Brown's blush in Apricot. Another summer favorite.

Recommended for Medium Skin