October 31, 2014 | 904 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Steel-her Heart

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Butter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted a unique color from a color family I didnt own. I took advantage of CVS bogo50% deal they have going on. It was either this or Minted.

This is a gunmetal grey. It goes on a little streaky, but so what? Nobody will be THAT close enough to my hand to tell... And if they are, they're most likely on the recieving end of a smack... lol.

It dries quickly, which is what I expect the most out of a polish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice frosty metallic gunmetal color.The formula could be ALOT better.It takes me several coats to get it to look good without major streaks in it.The formula is quite runny.It would be better if it were thicker.I'm still on the look out for the perfect metallic grey polish.I'll try Sally Hansen next.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the color but sadly the formula is too streaky for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this polish b/c I had a coupon for Revlon cosmetics, and I just LOVE this color! I got a fresh bottle, apparently, b/c it was neither too thin nor too thick; it went on smoothly (I did 3 coats with Nail Envy for base as well as top coat) and wore amazingly well; I took it off after 2 weeks, and I would say that it wore for a week with no chips and one week with me touching up and stretching it. It's a sophisticated look, in my opinion, and doesn't scream "metallic!"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Revlon's Steel Her Heart is a shimmery, metallic medium gunmetal gray polish. It ws totally opaque in two coats; however, the first coat was a streaky mess. Two coats gave good coverage but this has a frosty finish which will show major brush lines. The formula on Revlon polishes is hit or miss - some are thin and runny and some are gloopy and thick. I got a gloopy and thick bottle. While I love the color of this polish, it dried slowly to a semi-dull finish so definitely needs a topcoat. I'm not a fan of the Revlon formula but I would buy it again because of this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

I was at walmart the other day when I spotted this polish. The color in the bottle is pretty dark silver grey color, yet doesn't look too harsh. It wasn't that expensive, only a few dollars. I used two coats cause the first was kind of streaky. Very pretty on the nails! My problem: chips quickly. I used a top coat and even then within an hour I already had a few chipped nails. I hadn't even done anything to chip the paint ( dishes, cleaning, ect). Dries fairly quickly and is easy to remove with polish, but still frustrating. I'll probably finish the bottle since it is so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by shalashaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this nail polish. It's smooth and easy to apply -- no bumps or bubbles -- and the little brush makes it easy to be precise. I'm crazy about the color. It's a little darker than silver . . . more of an arsenic, I guess. I think it's a really nice alternative to doing a dark nail. I don't usually wear metallic nail polishes, but this nail polish is pretty enough to convert me. I've gotten many compliments on it so far. It dried pretty quickly, it goes very well with everything I wear, and it hasn't begun chip after several days. It's been gradually fading away at the tips, but at this point, you can't even tell it's begun to wear unless you're studying it really closely. I'm very pleased with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this at CVS where it cost 99 cents. Color is very nice. Not as glossy/shiny as I typically like, but likely another coat of a clear topcoat can shine it up a bit more. Used it for a pedicure. Brought it to my nail salon. Nail technician seemed a little frustrated with the consistency (definitely takes a full two coats to saturate the color fully) and the brush (the salon normally stocks Essie, OPI and Nicole by OPI), but it did look nice when pedicure was finished. Would also be more than happy to wear this as a manicure color in the Fall and Winter. A much nicer and deeper shade of true dark grey and far cheaper than the higher end polishes, so if you are on the fence about trying a dark grey shade, the price alone on this makes it worthy of a purchase. Color has been on for over a week and no chipping whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cristinalicia

Another Revlon nail polish that I absolutely love! It is a darker gray that looks great for fall. If I ever do run out I will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a perfect shade of gunmetal silver-gray! It looks edgy, yet not over the top like black nail polish. It covers the nail easily with 2 coats with no streaking. The sheen is medium and is especially good for those who aren't ready to try the dull finishes that have become the trend this season. I've also tried this with a coat of bling ontop using Nicole OPI 'Sprinkle of Twinkle'...the effect is awesome! This nail polish has good longevity and is pretty chip-resistant.