December 18, 2014 | 1717 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Makeupallie14

This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects. I immediately stopped using it after I found out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by telling you: There is a reason why so many people love this.
I bought this about three years ago at my local store, it was one of my first high end makeup products so I expected a lot from this stuff. Back then I didn't really know how to apply bronzer or contour powder but as I figured it out I absolutely loved it. The shade is perfect, I'm rather pale (NC15-20) and this is beautiful on my skin and it lasts pretty long. No orange or shimmer which is exactly what I expected from this. I don't use this every day (there were times when I did) maybe 2 - 3 times a week and I'm still on my first pack and haven't hit pan yet, so it'll last you a long time (unless you use a whole lot obviously)
I'd definitely repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am SO glad I finally decided to buy this, despite the price. The price was what scared me off for a looong time. But now I can say, my search for the perfect bronzer is OVER. This is just the perfect shade. It gives you that sun-kissed look, it looks completely natural. Cannot express how much I love this bronzer. Start off with a little on your brush and see how you like it, then build it up if you want to. It lasts all day. It is completely matte. And as other people have mentioned, it is perfect for contouring. I've noticed how people think the little brush that comes with the bronzer is crap, and yes it is, if you intend to use it all over your face. But for contouring, I've found the brush is perfect!
I am NC15 in MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by toohautetohandle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pale skin and a hard time finding a bronzer that doesn't look too dark, muddy, or orange on me. I read all the rave reviews of Hoola, swatched it on my arm, and decided to get it. First, the pros: great formula; very finely milled and pigmented. Easy to apply and blend out. Matte (so rare for bronzers!).
Now, the cons: This still reads orange on my face. Maybe it's because I'm so pale, but no matter how much I blend this out it has that hint of orange that looks tacky. Somehow it doesn't read orange as much on my arm, but on my face it definitely does. I usually end up washing it off, or using another powder to blend over it. I'm basically just trying to find ways to use it up since I bought it. I will probably use the rest as an eyeshadow, or on my shoulders/neck, as it probably won't be as noticeably orange-y.
I took two lippies off for the shade itself and a third for the packaging. It comes in a square cardboard box. It's so cheap looking, it's hard to fit a brush into the small square shape, and you have to be careful not to get the cardboard wet or it soaks through. Also not great for travel as it doesn't have a clasp closure. If I travel with it I always wrap a rubber band around it.
I never bothered with the brush at first. It's usually a given that brushes that come with a powder or palette are subpar, so I rarely factor the quality of the brush into my reviews or my decision to buy something. I always plan to use other brushes I have. But this brush has grown on me; it's a nice shape to swipe bronzer down your cheek, then use a different brush to blend it out. I think the brush is particularly nice for people who are just learning to contour, because you can apply a definitive line of bronzer on your face before blending.
Overall, I'm disappointed with the shade. I really wanted this to work for me but it just doesn't. I will try to find ways to use this up but I will not repurchase. If the shade works for you, I would recommend the formula, but the inconvenience of the packaging retracts from the recommendation I'd give it for the formula. Unless they repackage, don't bother with this. There are similar shades and formulas from other brands that have sturdier and more convenient packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by abbymarsh

I really like this bronzer, it's a nice matte shade that's great for contouring and just an overall bronze. it is slightly pricey at £23 and I've never been a fan of the box packaging! the brush was also a bit rubbishy so i don't use that. the product is good but slightly overpriced and the packaging is annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this bronzer a lot. It goes on smooth and blends out very well no matter what your skin tone is. I wasn't impressed with the brush so I threw it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by leighmegb

Great for contouring and overall bronzing. Flattering colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only bronzer I have ever tried and the only bronzer I will ever buy again!

I have pale skin and always thought bronzers would make me look fake and give me that unwanted Jersey Shore tan, but this one blends perfectly with my skin tone.

The brush is very helpful and most times I don't even need to blend it with another brush.

It does not leave a fake-looking stripe of orange down your cheekbones and does not contrast too harshly with pale skin!

I do wish it came in a bigger size to be worth the price, but other than that, no complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Alimulc4

Typical benefit packaging... But amazing product even if it is a bit pricy. Been using this forever and it's just the best bronzer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mehevans

This product caused a lot of heartbreak for me. I had lusted after it for months at my local Ulta and finally bit the bullet and bought it. I immediately loved it and started using it daily for a little contour, but soon realized it was giving me little bumps on my cheeks in a straight line where I had been contouring. For months I ignored this because I was too in love with the color and the contour, but finally had to return it when these bumps started to turn into more severe and frequent acne. Researching of the ingredients showed a lot of gross chemicals in hoola, so I shouldn't have been surprised it broke out my skin. Next time I will go with a more natural brand like Tarte