October 25, 2014 | 1644 users online

Blush - MAC - Emanuel Ungaro Crushed Bougainvillea [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by avantgeek

This is a great lip color, and the texture is great, matte, but not drying or too matte at all. The color goes on like a deep magenta and is probably worn best with other neutral makeup. I have included a picture of myself in it as the 2nd picture for this product, so a better idea of what it looks like on can be seen.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by suchalady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Crushed Bougainvillea is an awesome cheek color. I know it is a multi-purpose product but I only use it on my cheeks. For reference, I am an NW45. This CCB gives my face an amazing flush and lasted all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an impulse buy but I am so glad i bought this! I absolutely love the colour but what makes it so good is how creamy and subtle it is. I put just a bit on the cheeks and as a lipstain for a gorgeous berry blush. I would buy this product again, except this one's going to last a while and it's limited edition, too. I think it would look really good on the lips with the not-so-shy lip gelee from the Ungaro collection, but that was all sold out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mcbeants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also have to RAVE on the Crushed Bongainvillea! It is a must have product I think especially in the winter when we could look a bit pasty or dull due to the cold. THis gives a lovely dewy flush to the skin and is buildable. Its great for dry skins since it would lock the color in and is good for a dewy face look on any skin type. I even tried it on my lips and it looks looovely. I plan on using this daily for a nice fresh face look without looking too made up. The ingredients are great however I do hope that the synthetic beeswax won't mess me up! Girls I recommend this for all skin colors!!! A must buy, I may back it up when it gets to CCO but the one is going to last a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Pinklipssstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color, and it's encouraged me to find a powder blush in a similar color! I found it to be very drying on my lips, and I could not getting to last longer than three minutes on my cheek...even remotely. I tried setting it with other blushers, but that defeated the purpose since I want THIS color to be my blusher.

I'm sure I could find a way to make it work, but I'm a girl on the go and I'm not willing to put the time and effort in it.

Love it, but it just didn't work on me. So now, it's on my swap list :)

I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I jsut bought this and i'm wearing it everyday! it's very pigmented in a berry fuchsia color. Perfect for cheeks or lips. I use it lightly for day and put it on heavier for going out at night. would definitely buy again but it looks like it's going to last a million years..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous! Beautiful! Healthy! Glowy.. i swear, this is the best item from the Ungaro collection. And SO pigmented.. makes for the most beautiful pinky berry cheeks ever. And just a tap of the finger is all you need to cover both cheeks!! Beautiful on lips - perfect for fall, spring, and summer. You must get this!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by BohemianSheila

I'm in love with this product!! I needed a minimal look today because I couldn't wear eyeshadow because I knew I would be crying alot but I wanted a nice make-up look. So, I used my 188 brush and applied this on my cheeks and used a lipbrush to apply as a matte stain on my lips. It gave me a very beautiful pulled together look. Somehow, this makes my skin look porcelain & I am definitely not porcelain (NC30-35, yellow undertone, pink overtones, completely warm - AmerAsian). I am in love with this product. This is the perfect berry lipcolor on my highly pigmented lips (I turn everything PURPLE) - and it's very longlasting - which is a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is the item to get from Ungaro. I don't own many CCBs, just Hush, but after buying this, I think that I need more. Crushed Bougainvillea is a matte dark fuchsia, bordering on berry. Used as a blush, you only need to tap your finger on it once to do both cheeks--this stuff is seriously figmented, although easily sheered out. I'm very cool toned, and I apply with my fingers then buff a bit of MSFN in Light over it. This gives me that "I just came out of the cold", Snow White-esque cheeks, and looks surprisingly natural. On lips, I layer it over See Thru Color in Don't be Shy, for a very bright berry-pink lip. I also layer it under HIP jelly balm in succulant (a plummy pink) for a more sheer look. It's surprisingly versatile. And while it isn't eye safe, I think it would make a great base for MAC's Fuschia or Bright Fuschia pigments or Ben Nye's Azalea. Get this while it's available because it is super fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 8:20:00 AM More reviews by aerobideb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first CCB I've bought, and I'm so glad I did! Crushed Bougainvillea looks 'dangerous' in the pot, however, it feels almost like a gel texturewise and applies like a dream. I use it with my middle finger to apply to my cheeks and my ring finger for my lips (over CDLM lip balm). I find it really easy to blend and it does not stain at all. Overall, I'm beyond pleased with this purchase!!