November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jlradja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer, rose lipstick. It is supposed to be red, but it definitely didn't play that way on my lips.

PROS: I really loved the emolliant quality. It was very moisturizing through the entire wear time and didn't get goopy when I reapplied. Also, unlike others I found it to be very buildable.

CONS: It was so sheer I needed several coats to get anything close to red (which I never quite achieved). The color faded significantly after about 2 hours (no eating or drinking).

I scored this on clearance at Anthropologie for $9.95. I don't think it is worth $20. I wanted to be madly in love with it, but we are just friends.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to try this so badly after all the wonderful reviews. I love a sheer color lip. Not a big fan of heavy full lipsticks, but I think lipstick/tints, glosses just balance out the face nicely. I hunted all over town until I found a remote store that sold it, and ...meh. Wasn't a big fan of the texture, I thought it was kind of sticky. Though its suppose to flatter all skin tones it was still a little to 'pinky' on me for my taste. Wasn't impressed for the price of it. Would not repurchase. Gave it to my mom. She loves it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

With a lovely texture (it's like a balm but with more pigment), this lipstick is a fantastic choice for when you want some healthy color but don't want to be bothered with extras like lip liner and the rest. The closest comparison would be Fresh's balm in Passion, but unlike that product this one goes one more evenly and precisely because of the formula and the shape of the lipstick (Fresh's stick-shaped balm tends to clump up and setlle into the corners of my mouth, and I find that the product tends to melt very easily in general). Medieval's color is lovely...just a shade softer than the cherry popsicle red of Lipstick Queen's Saint Red sheer lipstick, for example, and more neutral in tone. This is a no-brainer choice for me for anytime wear. The packaging is also of high quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I had lusted after Medieval for years. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I have pigmented lips and Medieval just looks like tinted lip balm on me. It does not give me much color at all. Plus, it's just too much like a balm and it's either suppose to taste like rancid lipstick or I just happened to get a rancid tube. What I had in mind was a deep red stained look with some shine. Medieval did not deliver, but I suppose it was my own expectations and not Medieval itself. Still, $20 is too much to pay for tinted lipbalm. If you're looking for red-stained lips, try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, which I also reviewed.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No