August 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by cjxtypes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to try this so badly after all the wonderful reviews. I love a sheer color lip. Not a big fan of heavy full lipsticks, but I think lipstick/tints, glosses just balance out the face nicely. I hunted all over town until I found a remote store that sold it, and ...meh. Wasn't a big fan of the texture, I thought it was kind of sticky. Though its suppose to flatter all skin tones it was still a little to 'pinky' on me for my taste. Wasn't impressed for the price of it. Would not repurchase. Gave it to my mom. She loves it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

With a lovely texture (it's like a balm but with more pigment), this lipstick is a fantastic choice for when you want some healthy color but don't want to be bothered with extras like lip liner and the rest. The closest comparison would be Fresh's balm in Passion, but unlike that product this one goes one more evenly and precisely because of the formula and the shape of the lipstick (Fresh's stick-shaped balm tends to clump up and setlle into the corners of my mouth, and I find that the product tends to melt very easily in general). Medieval's color is lovely...just a shade softer than the cherry popsicle red of Lipstick Queen's Saint Red sheer lipstick, for example, and more neutral in tone. This is a no-brainer choice for me for anytime wear. The packaging is also of high quality.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I had lusted after Medieval for years. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I have pigmented lips and Medieval just looks like tinted lip balm on me. It does not give me much color at all. Plus, it's just too much like a balm and it's either suppose to taste like rancid lipstick or I just happened to get a rancid tube. What I had in mind was a deep red stained look with some shine. Medieval did not deliver, but I suppose it was my own expectations and not Medieval itself. Still, $20 is too much to pay for tinted lipbalm. If you're looking for red-stained lips, try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, which I also reviewed.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

I like this, I really do. It's a lovely, light, red balm, basically. It lasts about 45 minutes on me. It doesn't dry out my lips, but it's not terribly moisturizing either. My favorite thing about it is the name, and the fact that if you happen to be wearing anything in a pre-renaissance color palette, you really do feel like you're in a triptych.

Ideally I'd give it a 3.5, just because it's so bloody expensive. Maybe a 3.7.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG is this lipstick amazing!
This is a tiny bit brighter than my HG ..Philosophy Passion lipstick,sadly d/cd but I have copied by 3CC....but It matched perfectly in the sheerness factor....and the formula is amazing...
Looks almost like a plastic lippie in the tube and applies beautifully...lasts longer on the lips than the Philosophy one too....
This is a cross between a sheer lipstick and a balm....whatever it is it's fantastic........
I stick with neutral taupe/beige e/s and a smudged grey blue eye pencil,natura blush,l so this is a beautiful compliment to my look without BIG RED LIPS....lol
I LOVE YOU POPPY KING!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

I really wanted to like this low pigment lipstick, but it's not for me. It's just WAY too sheer -- the effect after applying is so subtle it's invisible. It's reputed to be buildable, but I didn't find that to be true. The feel of the balm on my lips is a bit uncomfortable, and then to top it off something in the formulation made my lips swell and flake off over the course of the next week in the most unpleasant way. Not what I'm looking for in a beauty product... Gorgeous packaging though, and I'm sure most people won't have the weird reaction to it that I seem to have had.