August 31, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with this lipstick. I bought it on impulse and I'm amazed. It's amazingly pigmented. I only have to apply it to my bottom lip and then rub my lips together. This is a perfect nude that doesn't mute your lips out. These are SO moisturizing and they last a long time on your lips. It's extremely comfortable to wear and for this quality, I got two more and will have no problem repurchasing these when they run out. They also smell pretty good too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
They also have an added SPF 15 and a nice satin-to-glossy finish, eliminating the need for a lipgloss, but of course if you don't want the glossiness, then you can just lightly blot it and you'll have a nice subtle sheen.
One of the shades that I own is #1 Nude Beige. #1 is a nude with the perfect hint of pink that makes it one of the more wearable, flattering nudes. It looks fantastic on other people, but unfortunately, it's a bit too light for me (I'm NC35), so it sort of washes me out, but it's nothing a little blotting can't fix. So MAC Blankety still remains my favorite nude lippie (Blankety is a bit darker).
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I really love this lipstick. The formula is my favourite thing about it.. and the packaging of course I mean come on! I have tried many lipsticks, and they were all very similar in texture and what not.. but this is like insane! It the creamiest, most light weight lipstick but it still has the opacity and pigment of a much thicker lipstick formula (like a matte etc).. if makes sense! The shade is an every day, wearable pinky nude and goes nice with any makeup look! As far as lasting power, it's not the longest but it's not meant to be? I feel that considering how creamy it feels, it stays on a reasonable amount of time. I love!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by voonah

I thought i found my perfect lipstick but it broke me out :(
It's fine during application but starts chapping, swelling and stinging after removing it.
It's been days and my lips haven't fully healed. Was pretty upset because it cost so much and is so pigmented! Please think twice before purchasing the product and make sure your skin is not allergic to the formula

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by rawbbyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wish I could give this a 5, it smells amazing, it is very hydrating, the color is beautiful and rich, the lipstick case is tres chic, it just doesn't seem to have any staying power. It is so hydrating, that it seems to slip right off of my lips; it never seems to "set." I am new at wearing nudes this light, so maybe it would be better to use a base/lip primer first, and the color may adhere?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by ChanelgirlJ

This was a gift from a friend and my first YSL product. WOW! I never knew that lipstick could be so creamy and pigmented. I can't believe I've only just discovered this. I suspect this color suits fair-medium skin more. Right now I am a bit tanned and I intend to use this product all winter. To me it's more of a baby pink. There's nothing beige about this lipstick. I can't wait to try other colors of this collection. Be prepared to reapply this often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous soft, sexy, volumptuous pink! I've got Scandinavian coloring- blonde hair with blue eyes and neutral fair skin NC/NW 15 that tans. I can wear almost every lipstick color, but most don't look "wow" on me, bc they either compete with my hair or eye color or they just look very fake and made up. All you ladies with fair skin know what I mean.

But YSL Rouge Volupte #1 - WOW!! It gives the sexiest nude pink I've ever seen. It's a shade or 2 lighter than my natural lip color (which is pretty pale), but doesn't settle into lines. It has a creamy sheen that makes my lips look full. It has a healthy, almost beach-y but still very sophisticated look on me. The packaging is beautiful, and the color looks expensive on. It doesn't compete with the colors of my hair/ eyes my colorful features. It gives natural, soft, full, kiss-worthy lips that will make you feel like a GODDESS! People stop me on the street, the subway, and in the halls at work to ask what lipstick I'm wearing. For me, this is probably the only light pink lipstick that's work-appropriate, bc others look candy-like or girlish. There's nothing like this in my lipstick collection. I'll repurchase again & again.

INGREDIENTS of YSL's rouge volumptes make the difference. They contain sodium hyalauronate and other expensive compounds that enhance the health of your lips. You won't find that in Chanel's rouge coco or shines lines. Yes, you have to reapply this more than the Chanel & Dior, and you'll go through it rather quickly. That's good! The reason for that is bc these high-end ingredients are actually absorbed into the skin. Greasy, waxy ingredients are not.

Run- don't walk- to Bloomingdales or your nearest YSL counter and try Rouge Volupte #1- you'll look gorgeous!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by terezaaah

So pigmented! This is my Favorite lipstick ever! To me it kind of has a nice baby pink undertone but nude! I also own this in pink passion, I am loving and enjoying both! Totally worth the price you get way more expected than what you pay for! I got this on sale for $25 and so worth the price! EXTREMLYY recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by iamandaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

EXTREMELY pigmented,
EXTREMELY creamy,
smells like candy
great packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Eloise290

I reeeeally wanted to like this (mainly so I could have the excuse to carry around the beautiful container case with me!) but sadly there are several things I dont like about this lipstick.

1. It is quite drying which I don't normally find with lipsticks- it sort of flakes and goes patchy and congeals with my lip skin which looks awful! The formula is almost powdery so it feels like applying wet eyeshadow to your lips in a way.

2. I don't really love this colour it looks really nice on the swatches but not on my face - it looks a bit dated and dare I say tacky.

3. It goes down really fast! on the first application I had already used like a millimetre of product!

I really do love the packaging and smell of this lipstick and perhaps in another colour I could love it- I would definitely be game to try another colour as I really want to like it!