Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.2

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

on 4/6/2013 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted to buy this lipstick for agessss so I managed to get this with 30% off :) I got this shade as it reminded me if creme cup by MAC and they are very similar in colour however I do not like the formula of this lipstick its very creamy and smells alot like the rimmel by Kate moss lipsticks which is great but lasting power is rubbish it jus feels very slippery on the lips and I have to reapply but you don't need a gloss with this and well we all know how beautiful the packaging is so I'm just going to use this for special occasions

on 1/26/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I brought my first YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick today and LOVE it already! #1 Nude Beige is the perfect nude with a pink undertone. It's a very flattering colour. The formula is very creamy and opaque, not drying what so ever! The lasting power is reasonable and similar to any other balm x lipstick product on the market. The packaging is stunning and the scent isn't offensive. I'd recommend this product to anyone who wants an easy to wear everyday nude colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this lipstick. I bought it on impulse and I'm amazed. It's amazingly pigmented. I only have to apply it to my bottom lip and then rub my lips together. This is a perfect nude that doesn't mute your lips out. These are SO moisturizing and they last a long time on your lips. It's extremely comfortable to wear and for this quality, I got two more and will have no problem repurchasing these when they run out. They also smell pretty good too

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
They also have an added SPF 15 and a nice satin-to-glossy finish, eliminating the need for a lipgloss, but of course if you don't want the glossiness, then you can just lightly blot it and you'll have a nice subtle sheen.
One of the shades that I own is #1 Nude Beige. #1 is a nude with the perfect hint of pink that makes it one of the more wearable, flattering nudes. It looks fantastic on other people, but unfortunately, it's a bit too light for me (I'm NC35), so it sort of washes me out, but it's nothing a little blotting can't fix. So MAC Blankety still remains my favorite nude lippie (Blankety is a bit darker).
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

on 1/10/2013 8:56:00 PM

I really love this lipstick. The formula is my favourite thing about it.. and the packaging of course I mean come on! I have tried many lipsticks, and they were all very similar in texture and what not.. but this is like insane! It the creamiest, most light weight lipstick but it still has the opacity and pigment of a much thicker lipstick formula (like a matte etc).. if makes sense! The shade is an every day, wearable pinky nude and goes nice with any makeup look! As far as lasting power, it's not the longest but it's not meant to be? I feel that considering how creamy it feels, it stays on a reasonable amount of time. I love!

on 12/27/2012 8:40:00 AM

I thought i found my perfect lipstick but it broke me out :(
It's fine during application but starts chapping, swelling and stinging after removing it.
It's been days and my lips haven't fully healed. Was pretty upset because it cost so much and is so pigmented! Please think twice before purchasing the product and make sure your skin is not allergic to the formula

on 12/8/2012 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wish I could give this a 5, it smells amazing, it is very hydrating, the color is beautiful and rich, the lipstick case is tres chic, it just doesn't seem to have any staying power. It is so hydrating, that it seems to slip right off of my lips; it never seems to "set." I am new at wearing nudes this light, so maybe it would be better to use a base/lip primer first, and the color may adhere?

on 11/14/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was a gift from a friend and my first YSL product. WOW! I never knew that lipstick could be so creamy and pigmented. I can't believe I've only just discovered this. I suspect this color suits fair-medium skin more. Right now I am a bit tanned and I intend to use this product all winter. To me it's more of a baby pink. There's nothing beige about this lipstick. I can't wait to try other colors of this collection. Be prepared to reapply this often.

Gorgeous soft, sexy, volumptuous pink! I've got Scandinavian coloring- blonde hair with blue eyes and neutral fair skin NC/NW 15 that tans. I can wear almost every lipstick color, but most don't look "wow" on me, bc they either compete with my hair or eye color or they just look very fake and made up. All you ladies with fair skin know what I mean.

But YSL Rouge Volupte #1 - WOW!! It gives the sexiest nude pink I've ever seen. It's a shade or 2 lighter than my natural lip color (which is pretty pale), but doesn't settle into lines. It has a creamy sheen that makes my lips look full. It has a healthy, almost beach-y but still very sophisticated look on me. The packaging is beautiful, and the color looks expensive on. It doesn't compete with the colors of my hair/ eyes my colorful features. It gives natural, soft, full, kiss-worthy lips that will make you feel like a GODDESS! People stop me on the street, the subway, and in the halls at work to ask what lipstick I'm wearing. For me, this is probably the only light pink lipstick that's work-appropriate, bc others look candy-like or girlish. There's nothing like this in my lipstick collection. I'll repurchase again & again.

INGREDIENTS of YSL's rouge volumptes make the difference. They contain sodium hyalauronate and other expensive compounds that enhance the health of your lips. You won't find that in Chanel's rouge coco or shines lines. Yes, you have to reapply this more than the Chanel & Dior, and you'll go through it rather quickly. That's good! The reason for that is bc these high-end ingredients are actually absorbed into the skin. Greasy, waxy ingredients are not.

Run- don't walk- to Bloomingdales or your nearest YSL counter and try Rouge Volupte #1- you'll look gorgeous!

on 3/1/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So pigmented! This is my Favorite lipstick ever! To me it kind of has a nice baby pink undertone but nude! I also own this in pink passion, I am loving and enjoying both! Totally worth the price you get way more expected than what you pay for! I got this on sale for $25 and so worth the price! EXTREMLYY recommend this!

Popular Lipsticks