Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.1

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is creamy, luxurious, and moisturizing. But I find the color wears off quickly. I've tried lip liner, but the lip liner ends up wearing right off with the lipstick.

The packaging is really posh and classically stylish, but for the price it is not a lot of product. And the frequency of which I have to reapply means this product does not last as long as other lipsticks.

This color is okay, but not unique enough to justify the price, especially since I have to constantly reapply the lipstick. I would be willing to try this same brand in another color.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I fell for the hype of this product. The only good thing I can say is the packaging is gorgeous. Otherwise- the color is horrendous on my medium skin tone, and for this price I shouldn't have to mix colors. #1 might look good on fair-light complexions. Second- the smell I hate! Candy is what comes to mind. A smell that my 10 year old would love, but for a luxury brand???? The worst thing about this lipstick is the texture is slippery and it accentuates every line in your lips! That is just not the look I'm going for. Probably my last lipstick purchase from YSL. I'll stick to Burberry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this but I think the colour may be a bit too light for me so I mix it with another lip colour to get the perfect shade. This was my first ysl lipstick and I think the formula is fantastic. The smell is divine as well as the packaging. I'm very keen to try another in the rouge volupte range.

Pros:
- luxe packaging
- beautiful moisturising formula
- long wear time without the need for reapplication for 3-4 hours
- wide range of shades to choose from
- fantastic quality product

Cons:
- this colour washes me out slightly because its a bit too pale for my NC25 skin

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted to buy this lipstick for agessss so I managed to get this with 30% off :) I got this shade as it reminded me if creme cup by MAC and they are very similar in colour however I do not like the formula of this lipstick its very creamy and smells alot like the rimmel by Kate moss lipsticks which is great but lasting power is rubbish it jus feels very slippery on the lips and I have to reapply but you don't need a gloss with this and well we all know how beautiful the packaging is so I'm just going to use this for special occasions

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I brought my first YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick today and LOVE it already! #1 Nude Beige is the perfect nude with a pink undertone. It's a very flattering colour. The formula is very creamy and opaque, not drying what so ever! The lasting power is reasonable and similar to any other balm x lipstick product on the market. The packaging is stunning and the scent isn't offensive. I'd recommend this product to anyone who wants an easy to wear everyday nude colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this lipstick. I bought it on impulse and I'm amazed. It's amazingly pigmented. I only have to apply it to my bottom lip and then rub my lips together. This is a perfect nude that doesn't mute your lips out. These are SO moisturizing and they last a long time on your lips. It's extremely comfortable to wear and for this quality, I got two more and will have no problem repurchasing these when they run out. They also smell pretty good too

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
They also have an added SPF 15 and a nice satin-to-glossy finish, eliminating the need for a lipgloss, but of course if you don't want the glossiness, then you can just lightly blot it and you'll have a nice subtle sheen.
One of the shades that I own is #1 Nude Beige. #1 is a nude with the perfect hint of pink that makes it one of the more wearable, flattering nudes. It looks fantastic on other people, but unfortunately, it's a bit too light for me (I'm NC35), so it sort of washes me out, but it's nothing a little blotting can't fix. So MAC Blankety still remains my favorite nude lippie (Blankety is a bit darker).
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

I really love this lipstick. The formula is my favourite thing about it.. and the packaging of course I mean come on! I have tried many lipsticks, and they were all very similar in texture and what not.. but this is like insane! It the creamiest, most light weight lipstick but it still has the opacity and pigment of a much thicker lipstick formula (like a matte etc).. if makes sense! The shade is an every day, wearable pinky nude and goes nice with any makeup look! As far as lasting power, it's not the longest but it's not meant to be? I feel that considering how creamy it feels, it stays on a reasonable amount of time. I love!

I thought i found my perfect lipstick but it broke me out :(
It's fine during application but starts chapping, swelling and stinging after removing it.
It's been days and my lips haven't fully healed. Was pretty upset because it cost so much and is so pigmented! Please think twice before purchasing the product and make sure your skin is not allergic to the formula

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I wish I could give this a 5, it smells amazing, it is very hydrating, the color is beautiful and rich, the lipstick case is tres chic, it just doesn't seem to have any staying power. It is so hydrating, that it seems to slip right off of my lips; it never seems to "set." I am new at wearing nudes this light, so maybe it would be better to use a base/lip primer first, and the color may adhere?

Recommended for Medium Skin