April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to get this lipstick after seeing it featured on The Style and Beauty Doctor's blog as a color that Kelly Rowland wore on the red carpet. Im NW50 and I thought this color would be perfect for my skintone, since it looked so good on her, and I was right! This is my 1st "non-neutral" lipstick, and it definately wont be my last. I love this lipstick so much. Its a soft pink, slight brown understones. Its not loud and in your face, thats what I love about it. I can wear it everyday. Work, school, ect. I love the formula, very creamy, moisturizing, not drying at all. I never used to be big on lipsticks, but after this, I can see myself buying alot more now. Another hit for WOC by MAC!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always on the search for a perfect soft pink. There are many pinks out there but falling more into the hot purple pink such as "girl around town-Mac lipstick.
Well I saw this review on utube. It was Mac lipsticks for WOC. The woman mentioned this color, she was soooo right. This is the perfect soft pick for WOC. I love it! My years of searching is over. I also LOVE Penelope Pink by the Queen Collection cover girl. This pink is richer and stays on longer. So happy!
UPDATE: Ehh...not too thrilled with hot gossip. Not my favorite pink. I will try velvet teddy by mac as I heard it's a brownish pink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this lippie is beautiful. I just got it today. It is an even combination of pink and lavender. You can dress this up or down and it will look great. I love how I can wear it everyday for a subtle pop of pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by nicola2sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac lipstick purchase, I usually wear Clinique however this purchase definitely made my day. Everytime I wear it I get compliments. It is the perfect blend of pink and purple tones. It is now my everyday/ going to school lipstick. I would definitely purchase this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I went to MAC looking for a lipstick that was a little darker than my usual nudes. The MA recommended this one and I love it! I really like the cremesheen formula and the colour was exactly what I was looking for! It's great for fair/cool toned girls who just want a little more colour on their lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i dont wear lip sticks much so i wanted to buy something that was versatile and pretty. i am an NC30-35 skintone and hot gossip is the nicest rosy shade for me!
it looks subtle and doesnt have a shimmer (which i like) and it isnt too shiny like a gloss!
when it is used with a lip pencil the clour can be intensified, but without it looks so natural and pretty. good for day and night!
i absolutely love this colour, i will be repurchasing if i ever get to finish it!
it is roughly $32 for a MAC lipstick in australia but that is well worth it - i find drugstore lipsticks are drying and dont have as nice finish (oother than revlon but thats $22 a lipstick here, might as well buy MAC)
love this colour, it is a staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Hot Gossip is like putting one of those pink roses on your lips. At first it seems like it might be bright, but it is soft and completely wearable for all occasions. This is one of those colors I always seek out in January. When I am getting sick of "dark" and want a pop of bright freshness. When I wear a clean eye, Hot Gossip with pink blush, I feel like fresh English rose.

This isn't an in your face bright pink, but not as soft and muted Creme Cup.

FYI - I am NW20 with black/brown hair, brown eyes rosey brownish lips. And don't let the picture turn you off (the one with the reviews), it does not do this color justice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is very versatile. It's a muted, pink that has hints of brown, coral, and plum in it. Since it's so muted, it would make a great work lipstick. I wear this with BBQ liner. Or, with Plum liner. Another look is to wear this with Plum liner, ample Pink plush glass, and Viva Glam Cyndi lip glass (I got this look from a MUA).
NC50

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous cool pink... nice if you want to go a little bright without going overboard. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as my first Back-to-MAC gift sometime during the winter months. I ended up not liking it much and put it away. A couple of weeks ago I decided to try it again and really liked it. I used a berry colored liner and I'm not sure whether it's the liner or my slightly more tanned skin but it's a really pretty pink . . . perfect for spring and summer. I will get it again!