Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 2/6/2013 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought it last summer. The texture of it is not very fulid which is good for oily skin. The finish look after applying it is matte and the coverage is enough as well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I bought this foundation I happily walked out of Sephora with a big smile all happy to go home and try my new foundation... I was SO disappointed :( the foundation was SO hard to blend... Even with a damp beauty blending sponge. I really wanted to love this product but was sadly disappointed. The colour oxidized in no time leaving my skin looking splotchy and horrible. Even my husband comment on how patchy my skin looked!! How is that for horrifying! Thank god I recognize most of the sales ladies at Sephora...She happily returned it no problem even without the box. I exchanged it for the Laura mercier silk cream foundation today. I still have high hopes.... Fingers crossed!! Laura mercier... Please don't let me down again!

on 1/10/2013 6:27:00 AM

I bought this about 2 years ago almost and that original bottle is STILL intact with product, I have never worn a better foundation, a little product goes a looong way! at first I had trouble with this because of the way it spreads, but the consistency is perfect.. after a while I figured the right amount to use. I am very fair with problematic skin, and though it doesn't match my complexion 100% I wouldn't want it any other way.. I love that it is yellow based, it makes me look fresh but still as pale as I naturally am. (I have found pink toned foundations to be aging) It stays on really well I can wear it at the gym without problems.. after hours and hours (from morning till' late at night) though it does get rather patchy and drying...After said time my skin will itch badly and breakout. However this is standard with my skin.

on 12/11/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This product was a real let down, especially considering the price. I am normally quite shine-prone which is why I opted for an oil-free formula, but this foundation brought out dry, flaky patches of skin I never knew I had! It dries so fast that it is difficult to blend, and settles into pores and fine lines. It also comes straight off on contact with hands/clothes which is a real pain. The only positive is that the colour actually matched my skin tone, and the packaging is lovely, but I will definitely not be repurchasing or even attempting to use up the rest of the bottle.

on 12/5/2012 6:01:00 PM

I got this recomended for me, so I got a big sample of it to try. The shade (Blush Ivory) var perfect for me, and it covers so well!! I was really positive, but after 2 hours of use, it started melting off my skin, and looked like my foundation normally looks at the end of a long day or a night out dancing.

on 11/29/2012 5:57:00 PM

Got a sample at Sephora, as I have been having a hard time finding a good foundation. Although I loved the color, I found it hard to blend and that it settled into fine lines and pores, even when I used a primer. I was not shiny by noon, but I was definitely patchy and any red areas were showing through. I am very disappointed, considering the fact that LM is supposed to be a flawless skin expert.
I would not spend money on this product.

on 11/3/2012 3:40:00 AM

I finally broke down and bought this stuff after hearing all the great reviews and unfortunately I was completely dissapointed. It goes on like chalk and doesn't seen to stay put even with various types of primer. The only thing I can think of is that I got it off eBay because it was a pretty good steal. Could that be the problem? Maybe it's old? The description said it was new and it doesn't smell old at all. But it's really just completely horrible for the price. The texture is bad, and by the end of the day I wouldn't even know I had foundation on except that it's settled and making my pores look like craters. I don't get what's so fabulous here. I gave it a lip just in case I got a bad batch or something. Otherwise it's a zero.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

it's s nice foundation. I wear vanilla Beige in other brands I wear bobbi brown 4.5 in skin and the stick, Iman sand 4 and MUFE 140. It gives me a nice professional look last and is a good color. no complaints. I just have recently started wearing my Lucy Minerals a lot more. you can get this cheaper on ebay.

on 9/20/2012 1:47:00 PM

Love love this foundation as it has the right shade to match my skin colour and I love how it gives radiance to my skin as well and does not feel like I have anything on. I used to use the YSL radiant touch brush but I feel that this has a better lasting power since it keeps my skin matte for a longer period of time. I use it with the laura mercier sponge. The only reason that I have given it 4 lippie is because it does get a little difficult to blend at times. So make sure you use a good moisturiser and a primer to allow it to blend better. The sides of my nose which are more prone to dryness do start flaking a bit with this on but I always put my dermalogica hydrating booster on top of the nose to prevent this from happening.
Dont think I am still liking this foundation as it seems to be difficult to blend and there are always dry patches on my nose and forehead when I use this.

This is one of the best foundations that I've used. (I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.) I've used it in different colors. The shade I have left right now is Warm Ivory, which is dark for me.) I haven't had an issue with blending, and this looks good in pictures.

Update: Grr! I eventually got my perfect color for this, it photographed beautifully, had perfect amount of coverage and had a great finish. Why did they stop making it?!