October 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Holymacarony

I got this recomended for me, so I got a big sample of it to try. The shade (Blush Ivory) var perfect for me, and it covers so well!! I was really positive, but after 2 hours of use, it started melting off my skin, and looked like my foundation normally looks at the end of a long day or a night out dancing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tracygraham

Got a sample at Sephora, as I have been having a hard time finding a good foundation. Although I loved the color, I found it hard to blend and that it settled into fine lines and pores, even when I used a primer. I was not shiny by noon, but I was definitely patchy and any red areas were showing through. I am very disappointed, considering the fact that LM is supposed to be a flawless skin expert.
I would not spend money on this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Wijg3

I finally broke down and bought this stuff after hearing all the great reviews and unfortunately I was completely dissapointed. It goes on like chalk and doesn't seen to stay put even with various types of primer. The only thing I can think of is that I got it off eBay because it was a pretty good steal. Could that be the problem? Maybe it's old? The description said it was new and it doesn't smell old at all. But it's really just completely horrible for the price. The texture is bad, and by the end of the day I wouldn't even know I had foundation on except that it's settled and making my pores look like craters. I don't get what's so fabulous here. I gave it a lip just in case I got a bad batch or something. Otherwise it's a zero.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

it's s nice foundation. I wear vanilla Beige in other brands I wear bobbi brown 4.5 in skin and the stick, Iman sand 4 and MUFE 140. It gives me a nice professional look last and is a good color. no complaints. I just have recently started wearing my Lucy Minerals a lot more. you can get this cheaper on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

Love love this foundation as it has the right shade to match my skin colour and I love how it gives radiance to my skin as well and does not feel like I have anything on. I used to use the YSL radiant touch brush but I feel that this has a better lasting power since it keeps my skin matte for a longer period of time. I use it with the laura mercier sponge. The only reason that I have given it 4 lippie is because it does get a little difficult to blend at times. So make sure you use a good moisturiser and a primer to allow it to blend better. The sides of my nose which are more prone to dryness do start flaking a bit with this on but I always put my dermalogica hydrating booster on top of the nose to prevent this from happening.
Dont think I am still liking this foundation as it seems to be difficult to blend and there are always dry patches on my nose and forehead when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This is one of the best foundations that I've used. (I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.) I've used it in different colors. The shade I have left right now is Warm Ivory, which is dark for me.) I haven't had an issue with blending, and this looks good in pictures.

Update: Grr! I eventually got my perfect color for this, it photographed beautifully, had perfect amount of coverage and had a great finish. Why did they stop making it?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Multiple SA's have warned me about blendability. Here's what I've learned, after using for 2+ years and based on their guidance.
1-wet a makeup sponge, then put a pump on the sponge to blend. Took me a few tries to get this right, but it does work well . This was recommended by 2 SA's at 2 different stores.
2-foundation brush, applied using to one section of the face a a time.

More coverage than the LM TM, I'd call this medium coverage, although its pretty build -able. I prefer lighter coverage so tend to use this for 'occaisions' and not every day. I also use when I'm getting over a breakout and have more red spots that I want covered.

As with the LM TM, my main complaint is the color. The color looks great when I apply but within a few hours it has oxidized(?) and my face is a darker orange-ish color. I have not figured out a way around this and the SA's haven't been much help. Aside from that, a solid oil-free foundation that doesn't break me out

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by kawallace

The color match was really nice, so I paid up for this after the saleslady put it on for me. I don't usually pay this much for foundation, either--I usually buy Clinique, which is much cheaper. I'm really disappointed that I bought this, because when applying it myself at home I just couldn't blend it in very well. I tried my fingers, a sponge, etc., but it just looked watery and streaky. Disappointed and will not rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the color golden beige for my olive/tan complexion. At 1st I thought that the color would be a fairer for me from just looking at it. But when I applied it on my face it blended very well matching my skintone. It is a medium coverage, but still even out my uneven skintone. It feels light on the skin so I feel comfortable wearing it. It also doesn't make me look shiny for quite a while, I'd say around 4-5 hours before I have to blotted my skin which is good for me since my skin is very oily with the hot humid weather here. I used it with the Laura Mercier foundation primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by foreverinyourmind

It might be because I am applying it wrong, but this foundation is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. I've tried using it with all types of brushes and even my fingers, over primers and no primer, and at the end of the day it looks like i didn't blend it well enough.. It gives this like.. dry flaky blotchy skin around my cheeks, mouth and eyebrows. The colour is perfect for me and I was so excited to use this but I guess its just not for me.