April 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sharonsevea

Love love this foundation as it has the right shade to match my skin colour and I love how it gives radiance to my skin as well and does not feel like I have anything on. I used to use the YSL radiant touch brush but I feel that this has a better lasting power since it keeps my skin matte for a longer period of time. I use it with the laura mercier sponge. The only reason that I have given it 4 lippie is because it does get a little difficult to blend at times. So make sure you use a good moisturiser and a primer to allow it to blend better. The sides of my nose which are more prone to dryness do start flaking a bit with this on but I always put my dermalogica hydrating booster on top of the nose to prevent this from happening.
Dont think I am still liking this foundation as it seems to be difficult to blend and there are always dry patches on my nose and forehead when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This is one of the best foundations that I've used. (I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.) I've used it in different colors. The shade I have left right now is Warm Ivory, which is dark for me.) I haven't had an issue with blending, and this looks good in pictures.

Update: Grr! I eventually got my perfect color for this, it photographed beautifully, had perfect amount of coverage and had a great finish. Why did they stop making it?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Multiple SA's have warned me about blendability. Here's what I've learned, after using for 2+ years and based on their guidance.
1-wet a makeup sponge, then put a pump on the sponge to blend. Took me a few tries to get this right, but it does work well . This was recommended by 2 SA's at 2 different stores.
2-foundation brush, applied using to one section of the face a a time.

More coverage than the LM TM, I'd call this medium coverage, although its pretty build -able. I prefer lighter coverage so tend to use this for 'occaisions' and not every day. I also use when I'm getting over a breakout and have more red spots that I want covered.

As with the LM TM, my main complaint is the color. The color looks great when I apply but within a few hours it has oxidized(?) and my face is a darker orange-ish color. I have not figured out a way around this and the SA's haven't been much help. Aside from that, a solid oil-free foundation that doesn't break me out

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by kawallace

The color match was really nice, so I paid up for this after the saleslady put it on for me. I don't usually pay this much for foundation, either--I usually buy Clinique, which is much cheaper. I'm really disappointed that I bought this, because when applying it myself at home I just couldn't blend it in very well. I tried my fingers, a sponge, etc., but it just looked watery and streaky. Disappointed and will not rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the color golden beige for my olive/tan complexion. At 1st I thought that the color would be a fairer for me from just looking at it. But when I applied it on my face it blended very well matching my skintone. It is a medium coverage, but still even out my uneven skintone. It feels light on the skin so I feel comfortable wearing it. It also doesn't make me look shiny for quite a while, I'd say around 4-5 hours before I have to blotted my skin which is good for me since my skin is very oily with the hot humid weather here. I used it with the Laura Mercier foundation primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by foreverinyourmind

It might be because I am applying it wrong, but this foundation is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. I've tried using it with all types of brushes and even my fingers, over primers and no primer, and at the end of the day it looks like i didn't blend it well enough.. It gives this like.. dry flaky blotchy skin around my cheeks, mouth and eyebrows. The colour is perfect for me and I was so excited to use this but I guess its just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ShopPrincess79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looks decent when I first apply it but then after a little while I would notice that it didn't look too blended right above my jaw line and if I looked closely at it I saw some uneveness on my skin at the jaw line with some white-ish blotches. I applied it on a cleansed face with moisturizer and a good primer and applied it first with a dense brush then the next day with just my fingers and still got the same results. Also, didn't give me enough coverage even though it says you can built it up to full coverage. It's just too sheer to cover up redness and uneveness. I'm taking it back to Sephora today to try the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Plus which I was initially going to buy. I hope I have better luck with that one

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing foundation that covers very well. I would say it's full coverage and hides scarring, redness, etc.
However, it is pretty hard to apply this foundation and it is too drying, too matte for my skin.
It is also very expensive ($42) and it's not even that grat. My face felt like I have a mask on - its just too thick.
Also, after few hours it was little bit seperated on my skin and you could definately tell it's no more natural looking makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone from having extremely oily skin to having very dry skin, thanks to the Accutane treatment I'm currently undergoing.
When I tried this foundation, it didn't accentuate my dry patches as much as my previous foundation (MAC ProLong Wear). And what I especially loved about this LM foundation is that it looked more natural than any other foundation I've EVER tried. But that being said, the coverage is minimal. It didn't cover my acne scarring, even after stippling a few layers. What's worse, it didn't do much for the redness on my cheeks. This foundation would be amazing for someone with very little to cover, but I suppose most of us wear foundation in the first place because we have something to cover.
So just to wrap up
Pros:
very natural-looking, even after applying many layers
felt like I was wearing no makeup
good color match
nice packaging
didn't accentuate dry patches
Cons:
too sheer to cover redness or acne scarring

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Way overpriced for how mediocre it actually is. It dries very quickly and is hard to blend. The color match is off. I have pale skin and the lightest shade was too dark and "rosey". Offers okay coverage, I wouldn't say full. I bought this without reading reviews hoping it would be good but it just did not live up to my expectations. Will not repurchase.