October 26, 2014 | 1470 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Serum with Royal Jelly

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's like a little bit of magic...it's my first serum so I dunno..maybe there's better out there? But this honestly HONESTLY has a bit of smoothing, brightening, tightening magic going on.

I saw "a bit" because I'm not 50, I can't tell you whether it's
OMG-amazazazing-wrinkle-killer! But it makes my skin so gorgeous!!!! <3
I was considering getting Benefit High Beam or some proper illuminating foundation, but this is the same effect imho..without the fear that it'll clog your pores cuz it's not MAKEUP! :)
p.s. Always use serums under moisturizer, that's basic.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The idea of this product is great. I bought it thinking it would really help and was kind of disappointed. It does leave my skin feeling very soft and doesn't cause me any build up but it didn't really make my skin look radiant. It looked... the same. So the product feels good, sounds good, but doesn't produce the effect it is intended to IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by faroreswind

Well, it hasn't hurt or helped my skin. I was surprised to find that glycerin and alcohol denat were the first main ingredients. Not exactly ingredients for radiant skin..
Either way, I havn't seen any change in my skin, and am not too fond of the sticky texture and unpleasant smell. I did some research on royal jelly and apparently it needs to be kept chilled in order to retain its potency. I don't see how a cosmetic product can keep all the benefits (if there are any that can be attained topically) of royal jelly without having strict rules on keeping it cold..
Overall, I think this serum is average and the royal jelly benefits are a gimmick. It hasn't helped nor hurt my skin. But for 18 bucks, its not worth it. I'm taking it back tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fast drying, leaves skin feeling silky smooth and radiant. Since I started using this product I've forgotten about mineral powder foundation, it makes my skin look really healthy and glowy. HG status for this product. A little pricey but really worth it, it works. Will buy over and over again. I apply it above my cheek bones, on my forehead and neck.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by kariw87

I've slowly tried to kick out the chemical based skin products in my life, and take a look at more natural skin care. I was searching around our Burt's Bees section at work and seen this. Figured, I'll give it a try.

I'm a very pale girl, 22 years old, no wrinkles of course, and very light sunspots since I burn, play outdoor sports, and haven't been too good with keeping up on the sunscreen. I bought this based on a review I read that said it helped with their light sunspots. I've been using it for about a week now, and I'm in love.

It's already faded some of the spots (keep in mind, they were VERY light...), and my skin definitely looks well rested on days where I got little rest. I use it in combination with Burt's Bees Day Radiance Cream, and the combo is just perfect, it really is. I have very acne prone, sensitive skin, and it's very tough for me to find this kind of things that don't effect me in some way. And this doesnt. Doesn't cause me to breakout, doesn't cause me to get oily (I have dry skin), and doesn't cause any kind of irritation.

As with most Burt's Bees products, the price is a little steep, but also like most Burt's Bees products, you have to use so little of it to see results. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody that asked, it's a great product. And it doesn't smell bad either! There actually really isn't that much of a smell at all.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great serum! I use this at night and I wake up to supple and radiant skin. It makes my skin feel comforted, and hasn't led to any breakouts. If anything, the licorice extract in this formula lessens any redness I have. It applies very smoothly, with no stickiness or smell. It's also fairly moisturizing, so I don't really need to follow this with a night cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

I liked it the first day, but for the past few, no so much. I think it's making me look greasy. I don't see an improvement in clarity - in fact, less so than with most C serums I've tried. In addition, I have blemishes all over my forehead. That never happens!
Not for me. If you have oily skin that breaks out easily (but is not sensitive) than this may not be for you either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by iamalovecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, after intensive research on serums, I settled on this Burt's Bee's radiance serum. It comes in a tiny bottle with a dropper and its recommended that you use 2-3 drops. I was so excited when I got this due to the rave reviews... I used it the first night under my moisturizer and when I woke up the next morning, although my skin was noticeably softer, plumper, there were a few small whiteheads.. HMM... So I tried it again the next night, this time, I just used the serum, and my regular eye cream and it was fine- My skin looks so young, soft, well rested- this is definitely worth the money, and is my new HG!! :]

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by oaklandcamom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this off of eBay so spent around 4 bucks. A little sticky, but I use it under moisturizer. I'm doing Retin-A cream for acne/age spots, so I can only use certain products without drying my skin out. This with the day/night radiance cream works great. Haven't had any new break-outs. Also tried the Rose of Attar oil, but that was a little too think for me. This makes my skin smooth and moisturized. Smell is a little strange.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by irimoto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This i a great serum, I use it every morning under either my Creme de la Mer or my Kiehls Lycopene lotion. It really makes my face radiant!
My skin looks supple and even. I have very reactive sensitive skin that breaks out with rosacea at the slightest harsh chemical, and this serum has not caused any breakouts.
I love the fact that I am not smearing my face with chemicals.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No