The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 12/28/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It has a nice creamy and thick consistency and does a great job of keeping my skin supple and soft. I like to use it after I get out the shower and my skin is still a bit damp so that I can seal in the moisture. I do like the scent a lot and can't wait to try the body mist soon. This and the Moringa and strawberry body butters are my favorite scents from TBS so far.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Im really liking this, with it being winter and frigid outside! My skin gets all dry and cracks if im not careful. I got a sample of this from Body shop last month when i brought a couple of other things from there and use it after i shower. It goes in well, smells ok and moisturises decently. I dont think id be able to use it in summer though, might be too heavy! But will def buy some once this sample runs out.

I have very dry skin, and in this cold months nothing would keep my skin moisturized, until i saw on Youtube, someone talk about how amazing this Body Shop Butter is.
I picked the Shea Butter, I loved the smell, and it is the best product i have ever used that really has helped me for the dryness of my skin.
I apply it in the morning and, and at night my legs feel so soft!

I totally recommend this!!

on 12/27/2013 4:53:00 AM

i hate the smell of this. its very moisturizing but i cannot stand the smell. the body shop claims its a very neutral smell but to me it just smells very musty.

on 11/23/2013 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing product. Bought it after smelling a small 'try me' tub at the outlet. Has a heavenly fragrance - you cant help inhaling the warm sweet nutty fragrance once it's on you. Besides the wonderful smell, it has a good packaging and is easy to use. Moreover it does what it says - moisturizes extremely dry skin. In summers my skin is normal, so don't really feel the need for it except when Im in a mood to have a nice smelling cream on me :D However in winters, especially right after a shower, my skin tends to get very dry and this works perfectly for me. A perfect body butter, highly recommended!!!

on 11/13/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite body cream. It is thick and moisturizing and lasts for 24 hours on me. The scent is amazing and I am totally in love with it. I love everything Shea from The Body Shop.
It should be said that this is more geared for drier skin and not normal skin. This stuff seriously is amazing in how much it softens the skin and melts into it right after showering. I cannot use this in summer because it is too heavy but for Fall and Winter it is my go-to moisturizer.

on 11/10/2013 12:05:00 AM

This smells really good, but it's too thick and greasy to be very practical for me. It's nice if you're just going to bed or if you need something that feels really thick, but I find it really heavy and uncomfortable, particularly in warm weather. Buy if you like thick moisturizers and you don't care if it doesn't absorb quickly.

on 11/5/2013 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Got this body butter because I needed another item to get the buy 3 get 3 free sale. So it was completely on a whim that I got this scent. Lets just say I won't buy this one again, because the smell is awful to me. I immediately think of this thick, goopey lotion my mother always used growing up and it makes me gag a little. I think I'll end up giving this one to her. The formula I assume is like that of all the body butters, but I just can't get passed the smell to even try it out.

I bought a small version of this body butter, after having already fallen in love with the olive body butter. This one is very rich and perfect for elbows, knees and hands - I don't really use it all over my body as I find it too thick. The smell is nutty and warm, which I like - however, after going to L'Occitane en Provence and smelling real 100% shea butter, the Body Shop's shea body butter smells nothing like the real thing. Sort of weird. Anyway, I will probably keep buying this as it is a good general body butter. The olive one still tops my list though.

on 9/19/2013 10:46:00 AM

It's a rich body moisturiser that smells of shea. I bought it for the nice smell it has. As my skin is combination and oily most of the time I don't reach out for this product much. Mostly use it on dry patches or after getting sun. I also find that it takes a bit of time for the product to sink in. Yet I am assuming that for someone with dry skin the product might work very well.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products