February 1, 2015 | 1571 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far my favorite body cream. It is thick and moisturizing and lasts for 24 hours on me. The scent is amazing and I am totally in love with it. I love everything Shea from The Body Shop.
It should be said that this is more geared for drier skin and not normal skin. This stuff seriously is amazing in how much it softens the skin and melts into it right after showering. I cannot use this in summer because it is too heavy but for Fall and Winter it is my go-to moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells really good, but it's too thick and greasy to be very practical for me. It's nice if you're just going to bed or if you need something that feels really thick, but I find it really heavy and uncomfortable, particularly in warm weather. Buy if you like thick moisturizers and you don't care if it doesn't absorb quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this body butter because I needed another item to get the buy 3 get 3 free sale. So it was completely on a whim that I got this scent. Lets just say I won't buy this one again, because the smell is awful to me. I immediately think of this thick, goopey lotion my mother always used growing up and it makes me gag a little. I think I'll end up giving this one to her. The formula I assume is like that of all the body butters, but I just can't get passed the smell to even try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I bought a small version of this body butter, after having already fallen in love with the olive body butter. This one is very rich and perfect for elbows, knees and hands - I don't really use it all over my body as I find it too thick. The smell is nutty and warm, which I like - however, after going to L'Occitane en Provence and smelling real 100% shea butter, the Body Shop's shea body butter smells nothing like the real thing. Sort of weird. Anyway, I will probably keep buying this as it is a good general body butter. The olive one still tops my list though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's a rich body moisturiser that smells of shea. I bought it for the nice smell it has. As my skin is combination and oily most of the time I don't reach out for this product much. Mostly use it on dry patches or after getting sun. I also find that it takes a bit of time for the product to sink in. Yet I am assuming that for someone with dry skin the product might work very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this many times, it's my favorite body butter of all time. It has a nice subtle scent that is sexy and warm but doesn't clash with my perfume. It's very moisturizing but not greasy at all. The most impressive thing about this body butter is that it doesn't bother my very sensitive skin at all even though its scented.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love how the smell won't leave my body for hours. So divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like most of their products it smells wonderful and it moisturizes well. I do like this body butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

I use Shea as my daytime body butter and Brazil Nut as my nightime body butter. To me, it's because Shea is soft, creamy, easily absorbed and the scent is less likely to clash with any fragrance I might wear during the day. Brazil Nut is undoubtedly delectable, but sometimes is a little sticky to wear under clothes and the scent can be a bit overpowering. I'm trying to get in the habit of using a daily body moisturizer because (1) I take very hot showers, (2) I shave my legs and (3) its winter, very cold, and my skin is drying out. And slathering on this extremely luxurious body butter makes this beauty step so easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely Love these!!! They are super nourishing, They are NOT greasy but they seem to stay on the skin and keep you radiant & soft, not to mention they smell yummy :D . I always have at least one of these at home, I float around between the shea & coconut ones. Alot of moisturisers dont set into your skin or are really greasy but these just seem to really absorb into your skin and work so well, highly recommended!