April 17, 2014 | 1492 users online

Crème - Smashbox - 'Camera Ready' Full Coverage Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was really hoping this would be my HG foundation but I only feel so-so about it. It does do a great job covering and it is really easy to build coverage but I it feels very greasy on my face even after it sets and it is NOT long wearing. I dust with MUFE HD powder which helps with the wet feeling but I need a touch up an hour later.

I gave it a 3 for price--it isn't outrageously expensive but 2 weeks I am more than halfway through the product. I do like full coverage but I also use concealer so I don't have to use as much of the product on problem areas--I know I am not using too much at one time. For the money, you should get more product.

The packaging is nice and convenient but I HATE the brush. The first time I used it it felt like it slathered on in one spot and wouldn't blend evenly over my face. I much prefer a traditional foundation brush wiht this product--it gives me more control over how much I use at one time and also is easier to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by angelamdai

This was the first high end foundation I ever got. The lady at Ulta recommended this to me. This is a nice cream to powder formula but for me it tended to emphasize my dry patches. Also I noticed it didn't cover as well as liquid foundation which is why I stopped using it. It also doesn't look as natural as liquid foundation. I use this as a spot concealer or as my primary foundation on the go. Cream compacts are good for traveling.
For reference I am NC25 and they color matched me to L2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation made my face look really cakey and emphasized my pores. The coverage is great and I really like the packaging...its easy to apply and perfect for on the go but unfortunately it gives me that look of wearing too much make up. No matter what I did, I couldnt get it to look like my skin. Its also not cheap! I think I'll stick to my MAC studio fix compact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

This product can give excellent coverage and can really look fantastic but I do have to really work it into my skin. Using a really good foundation brush is a good idea with this stuff. I also find I have to add a finisher to keep it from looking too cakey. I use MAC Fix + everyday anyway, so for me that is no big deal. This product really covers imperfections well and I love it for that. Also, it doesn't leave me shiny, which a lot of liquid foundations do on me. And I love that it stays put much longer than liquids I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by karencarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this foundation is great. i have oily skin and i live in a very humid country. i love that its cream to powder finish. a little goes a long way with this foundation (its full coverage) and sometimes if i don't feel like wearing a lot of make up i will only apply a thin amount on my problem areas (discoloration/redness). i like that it doesn't look and feel cakey (if applied correctly) and it can last the whole day--i even wore this foundation while working out and it stayed on my skin pretty well.

this one is on my favorite list. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I walked into Sephora looking for a cream foundation in a compact, and walked out with this. It's definitely full coverage, which I like because it covers my reddish cheeks. It's too bad the color I bought was way off. It looked normal in the store, but was too dark. (I bought Fair F2, I'm a C2 in MAC, Sand in Bobbi Brown). I liked the little brush applicator. I think the reason I didn't like this was because of the powder-y finish. It was too much of an "I'm wearing makeup" look, even when applied lightly, and it really emphasizes dry skin. The compact broke on me after a month. It's way overpriced, but I wouldn't buy this again even if it were less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by elainec17

i got my makeup done last week for my debs (you call it prom in america!) at smashbox. this is the foundation she applied. it was lovely and looked AMAZING in photos!! i dont have problems with foundation lasting all day but this lasted a full 24 hours... i got my makeup done at 1 oclock, went to the debs that night, stayed up partying and dancing till around 3.30, went into college the next day till lunch time then removed my makeup when i got home around 1 (i know i probably should have removed the makeup earlier). it was still looking fine at that time. she set the foundation with the halo powder. overall extremely impressed with this foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really blotchy and oily skin so I thought this would be great in my purse. However, I got it in M3-M4 it looked great initially (NC44 skin) but almost immediately oxidized and turned me RED! It feels really heavy too. I really wanted to love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by damunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Many people shy away from compacts, especially cream to powder as many of them are known to dry out and be cakey.

I have sensitive/acne prone/oily skin. This worked great on me. I do need to touch up, but only later in the day even after 9 hours of wear. I use Cover FX primer as it is not heavy or silicone based. It is water based and provides a smooth canvass for this smashbox product. This foundations is buildable, leaves my skin smooth (i checked the ingredients and there are many "good for your skin" type things, can't recall off the top of my head but I think it was vitamin e being one of them).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by lalalalalady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smashbox's full coverage foundation would have to be perfect, if it's not too creamy (well, for me). It does give a full coverage on my face that hides redness and some small imperfections. It also make my face look bright and the shade that I have which is fair 2- is just perfect on my skin tone. I just dont like the feel when I apply it, it feels so creamy though it becomes powdery once you applied it on the face, so i have to worry about looking so oily the whole day. The skin on my face is oily- and when I was asking for a foundation on beauty bar- the sales lady introduces this product to me. I kind of dissapointed because although it does cover the imperfections on my face quite well, it is not recommended for those who have oily skin.

This product for me is very expensive! =)

Im still thinking whether im gonna buy this product again or not.
but it would have to be a 60% Not and 40% Maybe.