April 17, 2014 | 1592 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Amber and Ylang Ylang

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I said no to buying this one again. Mostly because I can only use it once in a while. It is like I have to be in the mood. There are days when I think it smells really nice, I put it on, but usually before the day is over, I grow tired of the smell. Go figure. The bottle I have will last a very long time. The bottle is beautiful and I do not want to take it back because I really do like it, just not all the time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the edp. I found this to be a pleasant, light non-offensive scent. For the price and the fact that it's so exclusive I was hoping for more. Not full bottle worthy in my opinion. The dry down smelled very similar to Kenzo Amour le parfum. I'll be spending my money on Kenzo Amour or SL Ambre Sultan instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

For some reason, all EL scents turn on me. They smell so great on everyone else, but do not mix well with my chemistry, and smell completely different on me...not in a good way. Since I love Amber & YY, I thought this was finally the EL scent I was going to be able to wear and bought it unsniffed. Well...its certainly the best of the bunch, but in the long run, it still ends up being very powdery, musty and messy on me, losing the amber and YY somewhere along the way. So I gave it to my mom for xmas. I cannot believe how wonderfully incredible it smells on her. Its everything I had hoped it would be. Soft, complex, and delicious. I can't stop sniffing her when she wears this and she got a ton of compliments everywhere we went. I'm so envious!! So I scored on the xmas present with Mom :), making it totally worth the purchase, but unfortunately I can't wear it at all. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccajw

I think I like this a little bit more every time I wear it. It's a sensual, exotic scent, but not terribly original, and that's why I gave it a 4 rather than a 5. To me, it's very similar to Regina Harris Amber Vanilla, but it's a bit more powdery and it has a plastic note that I don't get from RH. That might sound like a criticimsm, but I actually like whatever that plasticky note is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Private Collection Amber and Ylang Ylang in the 1 oz. eau de parfum size for myself. It's pricey for an EL. I do like this very much and is the best of the newer ELs, imo.

It's spicy in its topnotes but not overwhelming. There is a slight problem for me in the midnotes - maybe the Geranium Oil , which smells almost like ammonia when I put my nose close to my skin. This passes after a half hour or so and then the drydown is the best - vanilla, amber and ylang ylang....gourmand-like....and it lasts and lasts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the ony Estee Lauder fragrance that I really like as it is a well blended scent. Combines golden amber, ylang ylang, vanilla, sandalwood and a touch of incense. Not an overpowering fragrance. If you enjoy ylang ylang or amber this is a definite must to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pleasant, inoffensive fragrance. Subtle and clean, but not in the fresh way, but in a skin scent/sensuous way. Very sweet woodsy, and the amber is like a soft powder. It actually smells ALOT like Almond Cookie (which does NOT smell like a cookie) by Carol's Daughter imo, except I prefer this one because it's a bit smoother and softer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

I received a sample of this today and I've been wearing it around all morning. This IS a nice fragrance, a woody-vanilla with a cozy feel to it. I find it similar to Sheer Obsession but with a sweeter drydown. I could wear this, but since I already have a scent that is close I won't buy it. Maybe next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this (myself) for my birthday. I thought I would love it and I do! Lasts all day but doesn't make others ill. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by piperbaby

This is lovely. I cant wait for the weather to cool down here in Texas to start really wearing this. At first spritz I thought oh no im not going to like this but now that it has settled it it devine. Im not a big fan of El frags but this one is a definate winner.