October 31, 2014 | 1063 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. It makes my lips so soft and smooth and really hydrates. Just make sure you don't buy the tinted versions. They look silly. This one is clear. It hydrates my lips as well as petroleum jelly which is really great to hydrate. I haven't noticed any scent or taste to the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is fantastic as a lipstick/lipgloss base. My lips always feel moisturized with this on underneath and I can wear matte lipsticks now without the worry of my lips drying up. Fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The most excellent lip balm I've found since the late great Caribbean Breeze Aloe Lip Saver. Easy application, and the tidy slim twist-up packing and slanted tip looks glam enough to get you out of the Chap-Stick grandma funk look. The lip balm itself is so easy to work with and feels great. Thank you, Carmex!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by imbored27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really great lip balm. I used up my orignal Carmex tube so I decided to try this, and I'm really glad I did. It moisturizes my lips way better than the other Carmex and my Nivea kiss of milk and honey lip balms.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Carmex Moisture Plus is really gross to me. Everything from the smell, to the taste, to the feel. I could tolerate all that, but it really is one of those lip balms that evaporates quickly and dehydrates your lips...so what's the point? I do like the click the tube makes when you put the cap back on. Click. Cliiiiiiiiick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not test on Animals (reliable)
NOT Vegan (official rep says their byproducts are acquired in a benign fashion, whatever that means.)

On a fluke I bought this lip balm. I hated it at first because I hated the way it smelled and wrote a bad review, but then I fell in love with it. I got used to the scent, and noticed that it makes my lips look super sexy and healthy! Works a million times better than Burt's Bees.

Ingredients:
Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Ethylhexyl Salicylate(Octisalate), Homosalatem, Octocrylene aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter fruit), C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, persea gratissima (avocado butter), petrolatum, phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, saccharin, sorbitan isostearate, tocopheryl linoleate (vitamin E linoleate), tribehenin
01/18/13

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by afloresm13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If there's one cosmetic product I can't live without, it's lip balm. Nothing drives me crazier than not having moisturized lips - it's been a pet peeve of mine since I can remember! For years, I've tried almost every single brand of lip balm/chap stick.. the ones in the twist up tubes, the ones in the squeeze tubes, the ones in the pots.. medicated ones, flavored ones, waxy ones.. to be honest, I've always stayed away from the Carmex brand - I tried the original Carmex in the pot when I was in high school, and while it did its job moisturizing, I couldn't stand the medicine-y smell and heavy, waxy feel on my lips.

But I watched YouTube guru LoveBlendnBeauty's favorites video one day, and she raved about Carmex Moisture Plus, saying it's the best she's ever tried etc. Luckily for me, they happened to be on sale at Walgreens during that time, so I picked one up. Long story short, I've finally found my HG lip balm - which is amazing, bc I am SO picky with my lip balms. Here's what I found after my first time using up an entire tube (also unheard of for me, I NEVER like my lip balms enough to finish entire tubes of any brand):

Carmex Moisture Plus:

PROS:

- pleasant Vanilla scent (not medicine-y or minty at all, which I love. the scent is actually reminiscent of MAC lipsticks, which I also love)
- smooth, buttery, slick texture. goes right on and instantly makes lips feel soft and "quenched"
- lasts a decent amount of time, however I like it so much that I find myself reapplying constantly
- sleek and pretty silver packaging - aesthetically nicer than other lip balm packaging
- slanted tip for easy application
- works great over/under lipstick, lipliners, lipgloss

CONS:

- at $3 for only .075oz/2g of product, it's pretty pricey (versus, for example, a tube of regular ChapStick for $1 at .15/4g of product. but I like this formula so much that I'd rather shell out the $ for a quality product that I actually use up)
- it melts easily, so be sure to keep it in a cool place. it's necessary for me to have on in my car, so for that tube, i just accept the fact that it'll melt on days that it's hot (in which case, i use my fingers to apply it from the tube). if it melts though, no need to throw it away - once it gets back to regular/cool temperature, it solidifies right back up - good as new & definitely usable.
- since there is very little product (only 2 grams), it's easy to go through a tube FAST, especially if you apply constantly throughout the day like I do.

Overall, it's an awesome product & HG status in my experience. If you have dry lips & are always on the hunt for lip balms, I'd recommend giving this product a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I went on vacation and my lips got horribly chapped on the plane. My lips were so dry that it was beginning to get painful, especially on the edges. I remembered I had read good reviews of the Carmex Tinted Moisture Plus lip balms, so I was planning to get that at CVS, but they didn't have it so I wound up getting this instead. I began using it every now and then and after two days my lips were in perfect condition once again! Really great lip balm, softens and heals, feels smooth, nice packaging, and pretty long lasting. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bublechix

ok i love this! it smells good and it hydrates very good! i like the cap and the twisty thing! i think a lo of product is in it! i love this so much and i love carmex!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally figured out that this stuff was causing all these nasty reoccurring zits--sometimes they'd be cysts and sometimes they'd be just tiny pimples--around my mouth for the past year. Watch out for it 'cause it took me a while to figure it out; when it became summer, it suddenly started to happen a lot more frequently--basically every time I wore this stuff. The worst thing is that this was by far my favorite lip balm EVER. It gives the prefect amount of hydration and shine without creating stickiness or worse, a lingering aftertaste.