December 21, 2014 | 1934 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Does it work? Absolutely. My only (minor) complaint is I wish it had a handle. If it did, it would be perfect! I recently purchased a similar brush with a handle from Conair because I was tired of always dropping the TT. Maybe I'm just clumsy haha but I really do like how it works on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Bought this on a whim. I really like it. I don't use it all the time, but mostly when I am fresh out the shower. My hair is very long and tangles easily. Normally I just use It's a 10 and a paddle brush to brush my hair, but I wanted to see if this crazy looking brush worked. It does and so I flip flop between the Tangle Teaser and Paddle Brush/It's a 10.

This easily brushes through my hair. If my hair is super tangled this brush will still pull, but nothing like my paddle brush. I was impressed enough with this brush that I bought my little cousin one for her super tangled hair. My little cousin was very impressed with her Tangle Teaser and stated, "It didn't hurt!". I would say that is a pretty good review from a three year old.

Well worth checking out. I have seen claims that it cuts or thins hair, but I haven't seen this or noted this at all in my own experience. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:08:00 AM More reviews by redlucy07

I think that this would be a great product if you have an average amount of hair. On the plus side, it really does detangle gently and without pulling. It's a nice shape and size, fits easily into hands and bags (since it doesn't have a handle), and comes in lots of cute colours. I bought this after seeing so much hype online from bloggers but unfortunately I don't think this product really works for me.

I have very thick hair that goes to about the middle of my back. I really enjoy having long hair but wanted a brush that could deal with all of it. I can get my hair mostly brushed with the tangle teezer but it takes me a good long while and I have to separate sections in order to get it detangled all the way through and I find it tangles again very quickly. I find a regular paddle brush with good, long, thick bristles works much better for my hair. If you have hair like mine I would recommend seeing if you can try out this product first to see if it suits you before spending the money on it. It is much lighter and more plasticky feeling than I thought it would be and I think it is a little expensive for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by staceyprincess88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutly love my tangle teezer, I wont ever be goung back to a normal hairbrush. Love it, always take it in my handbag with me. Highly recommended, especially if you have long thick hair like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by indigopurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

YOU NEED THIS!

I picked up this brush after getting extensions and needed something that wouldnt drag them out of my hair. Well, this is my holy grail hair anything product. I can use it whatever state my hair is in and i have an old one that I squirt my hair masque onto that i then comb through my hair to get an even distribution of product. I have owned my one for a year and will be replacing it soon as my partner uses it to RUB! his hair on his head as "it feels nice", it really does!It is easy to clean and the design fits into my palm really well. I will repurchase this time and time again. Highly Recommended!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have both the Tangle Teaser & a Wet Brush, both effectively remove snarls/knots/tangles in my thick naturally curly hair. I wish the Tangle Teaser had some sort of handle or strap because it tends to get very slippery when using leave-ins on your hair. The Tangle Teaser's bristles are not coated or tipped like the Wet Brushes and can scrape my scalp at times. I do not seem to lose as much hair with the Tangle Teaser as I do with my Wet Brush. Overall I think it's a fantastic product, I just wish it had some sort of handle for a better grip. I found mine at Target, but I've seen them just about everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Nesoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the AquaSplash version, which is designed to be used in the shower. My hair is quite long and very curly and takes a while to detangle when I'm washing/conditioning. This brush makes it so easy - I don't lose much hair like I do with a regular comb or brush, and it gets the tangles out quickly without tugging on the scalp too much. It's expensive but I've had mine for a few years now and it has held up fine, so a worth-while investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush actually works people! I have extremely long, thick hair that is a nightmare to dentangle. Previously to buying this brush I would wash my hair and not even attempt to brush it until it was bone dry (I wash my hair in the evening and leave it to dry naturally overnight) because it was seriously painful! Now I can brush my hair when it's soaking wet using my tangle teaser and it doesn't hurt one bit. If I have a small tangle I just go over the tangle with the brush and after a few strokes the tangle is no more. It's a dream to clean, I do so in the shower. I wish I bought the one with a handle only because sometimes I drop mine when I'm brushing and I think it would be just a tad easier to use if it had a handle. Other than that I cannot fault this brush, it truly has changed my life for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I struggled with hair brushes for years until I discovered this. I have the standard curved teardrop one in Orange Burst and also a black travel one that comes with a nifty little cover that slots over the bristles so they don't get bent in your bag and I love them both.
My hair is fairly fine but I have masses of it so it is quite thick. The ends tend to tangle easily and I cannot count the number of times I've ripped out a huge snarl, even with wet hair and a wide tooth comb :-(
I hated brushing my hair because it HURT. I hated travel hair brushes because the last two I got actually snapped and broke in half after using them only a few times (I apparently have Hulk hair, LOL). I hated peeling a thick matted wogde of hair out of my brushes (gross!) and trying to keep them clean. I hated scratching my scalp with rigid bristles because boar hair or anything else I tried just wouldn't penetrate properly.
I have thrown out all my other hair brushes now and I couldn't be more pleased.
This glides through even my thick horsey mane (though I am not an actual horse, it is my Chinese zodiac sign, ha ha) with ease, no tugging, no wrenching, no yanking at knots. I can brush my hair in about 90 seconds, as opposed to upwards of 10 to 20 minutes previously and it leaves it smooth, silky and easy to manage. You can also use it on wet hair, though I mostly just use a curved, wide tooth comb still, out of habit more than anything.
It's easy to keep clean as well, the bristles are flexible and far enough apart that there's never any nasty "carpet-like" buildup (shudder), I just shake it outside and give it a light fiddle and it's good to go.
It was relatively expensive, not like Mason Pearson levels of price insanity but absolutely worth it for me.
I'd buy another in a heartbeat (in fact, I might order a back up right now, because if I ever lost mine, I'd be heartbroken - and I now have no other brushes, so...)
LUUUUURVE <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this after my friend raved about it, my hair is wavy and gets tangled easily.
i hate brushing it because my bristles are very thin and easily break.
tangle teezer made brushing easier with no pain and no tangling!