Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 9/24/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own the original version and I purchased it from Spacenk. I mainly purchased this from travel so I could use it on wet and dry hair. I prefer this to the Wet Brush since I don't have to worry about water retention within the brush. I also feel like this a sanitary and easy to clean option to a regular brush. I would repurchase if lost or damaged.

on 9/12/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is the ONLY brush I would use on my thick, bra-length 4a hair when dry. With a bit of water or spray detangler, I can stretch my hair section by section. I don't need this brush often, but I'm glad that I have this in my arsenal.

Edit 6/4/15: I can no longer recommend this product. I used the Tangle Teezer two separate times to stretch out my hair over a period of six months. Later, I noticed that while my hair still looked fine, it was a beast to style and comb. After much consideration of my regimen, I determined that it was the use of this product that ripped up my hair and eventually caused excessive tangling and shedding.

on 9/12/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Two words, holy grail! Tangle Teezer is the best brush I have ever used. I have fine, dry hair that tangles very easily. Over the years I have tried all sorts of combs and brushes and never had much luck. Even The Wet Brush snagged on my hair. Even on wet hair this did not snag, pull, or yank. Tangle Teezer is priced comparably to hair brushes found at supermarkets and drug stores, so it's a good buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best wet/dry hair brush I've ever used. I even compare it to a regular paddle brush, which is okay... until it's put to the test!

Don't believe me? Check out my video below to see for yourself!

This is an absolutely amazing brush and I'll never use a normal hairbrush again. It's like my hair has never had knots in it. Makes brushing hair completely painless and there's no pulling . Suitable for wet hair too.

My only complaint is the price. It's quite expensive in Australia so I bought it for half the price off ASOS.

LOVE this! It has completely changed my hair. I have long medium thick hair that tangles all the time. This gets rid of the tangles without frizzing my hair, and I lose half the amount I was with my old brush. The anti frizz factor means that I am straightening my hair half as much. I could not go back to anything else.

on 8/8/2014 5:42:00 PM

I have very fine hair that tangles so badly. Other brushes really hurt. This one doesn't at all! At first I thought it wasn't really getting out the tangles and just kind of brushed the "surface" , because of how smooth the brush went through my hair. But the tangles were really gone! Without any pain.. And i can even use it on wet hair. The only thing that is really bothering me is that it doesn't make my hair look very soft or shiny, rather a bit dry and frizzy. Also it hurts on my scalp. But overall I am very satisfied and would purchase again.

on 8/6/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am trying to figure out how in the world I ever got by without this incredible brush!!! I own 3 of them....as I miss place it, I always have one handy. Plus one of them I have not used and is there just in case. That is how much I love it. I also bought my son 2 of them for the same reason and he loves it. He has long hair way past his shoulders and mine is past my waist.
You can use it on wet....that's right even wet, and dry hair. Wish I could find the small one with the cover for my purse. If you cannot find it in a store, paying shipping on this item is well worth it. Mine came from Sallys and Ulta.

on 8/6/2014 1:09:00 PM

This thing is a lifesaver. It's one of the few things I actually *would* replace. That's why I keep it in my purse so I don't lose it :)

So anyways I have an extremely gorgeous, outgoing & opinionated 2 year old girl with very fine hair (if you hold up a strand to light it's transparent like a spider web) that curls on the ends and gets tangled easily. She hates anything in her hair (so putting it up is out if the question) & also HATES getting her brushed (she will run & scream like she's being murdered) so this thing helps so much with that. I still have to chase her down & my ears are still ringing from her yelling at me lol but now it takes literally 10seconds to brush her hair. It glides through all the tangles and leaves her hair fluffy & shiny like a Disney princess :) Every mommy needs one of these!!

Also I love it on my hair too. my hair is fine, thin (not as fine as my daughter's though) and pretty straight. I can't see this doing much for really thick or curly hair. I only use this brush before I wash my hair or when I'm putting it up. never on wet hair after a shower but I'm sure it's good for that too since the bristles have a lot of give, they don't rip at your hair like a regular brush

on 8/5/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I had doubts about this product, but I decided to get one at Sally's Beauty Supply today and try it out. It does exactly what it says it will do, and it definitely lives up to the hype. I read that this is more suitable for thick, long hair and that many ladies with thin or fine hair have trouble using the Tangle Teezer because it for some reason doesn't work well on their hair type/thickness.

I have thick, long hair that is always prone to tangles and knots and is very hard to comb or brush out. I've broken my sister's hair brush once just trying to brush my hair! It's the type of hair that is chronically tangled and knotted, and will get that way within seconds of combing my hair. I was surprised at how easily this product works on my hair. I can start from the roots and take it to the ends with no or minimal pulling. It seems to undo knots and tangles extremely easily, without me having to carefully comb out every damn knot with minimal breakage and hair loss. I can see that I'm not pulling out a lot of hair because the most I've seen stuck in my Tangle Teezer is one strand (versus a mess of hair with regular brushes). With a normal brush, my hair always gets stuck in my hair and I'm constantly pulling at the knots, hair strands, and breaking my hair. It's very comfortable to use on the scalp, and the shape/size is perfect for my hand size without a handle.

I also noticed that with the longer bristles, they are long enough to actually penetrate my hair to the scalp. My normal brushes don't ever really touch my scalp. This brush dislodges a LOT of dead skin cells and flakes from my scalp, and I thought my scalp was "clean" because I always scrub it and use one of those in-shower scalp massagers/shampooers. This was unexpected and kind of gross, but I suppose it's a good thing because getting rid of dead skin cell build up will perhaps promote more hair growth.

Overall, I'm glad I purchased this product. It is a pleasure to brush my hair out now, and it doesn't get instantly tangled after brushing with it. I highly recommend you try this out if you have thick, long hair. This is honestly the best beauty purchase I've made yet.

Video Reviews & Tutorials