E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Boron Nitride, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 77492 77499), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007) Weight - 0.85 grams

on 6/4/2011 9:04:00 PM

These. Are. AMAZING.
These eyeshadows are so incredible, especially when you consider the pricetag! I bought them expecting them to be low-pigment, chalky pieces of trash. HOW WRONG I WAS. They are really wonderful! They're not super duper pigmented (but what'd you expect), but they do pack a nice little color punch. I love the shades Celebrity (a perfect, shimmery gold), Sassy (penny copper!), and Elegant (a shimmery bone color perfect for highlighting). I started with those three and have since considerably expanded my collection. They apply nicely (be careful though since they are loose powders!) and evenly, and when used with a primer, you can't tell the difference between them and high end shadows. I get compliments on my eye makeup all the time, and people are SHOCKED to realize this is what I'm using! Apparently they can be used wet or dry. I haven't tried them wet, but they do a nice job dry. They're really blendable, don't crease, and look so pretty! You can create loads of looks with them, so nice and versatile too! I'd say give it a shot. Even if you hate them, you're only out $3.

on 5/29/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I quite like these, the colour payoff is lovely and they stay put with a good primer.

I think the only thing I don't like are the fact that there's not many vibrant colours, they're all pretty neutral. Also, the powder drops beneath the eye every time so there's always a lot of 'cleanup' involved when I use these.

Not bad though and the price is good at 3.00 each - they'll last forever and they're good little eyeshadows.

on 5/19/2011 9:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these! They're very pigmented, easy to apply, and come in all sorts of vibrant colors. I only gave it for 4 lippies because the staying power isn't the greatest :c

on 4/30/2011 4:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I own Outdoorsy and Earthy, both of which came in a mineral eyeshadow starter kit that also included a flat application brush. I got these from my local target for $5, which is just brilliant. The quality of the products is great, the colors are very very pigmented. I use these shadows with a green eye shadow stick (also by ELF) as a base. Absolutely stunning colors. So glad I bought these!

on 4/24/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the kit (sandy beach) it has celebrity & socialite eyeshadows with a brush and I love it. It looks great and stays on all day without re-touch and I have oily skin. Packaging looks like BE. I have re-purchased already!

on 4/20/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own 12 of these and have 5 more on the way. These are a dupe for Bare Escentuals eyeshadows. I am actually shocked at how much I like these and how well they perform. They apply nicely and with the $3 Elf mineral primer they last all day without creasing. It is absolutely crucial to use a "mineral" specific primer with these rather than a regular primer. Regular makeup & mineral makeup actually repel against each other, so the mineral primer doesn't work well with regular shadows & regular primer doesn't work well with minerals. Color payoff on all the shadows is awesome and the colors are fun and varied. I highly recommend these, and this is coming from someone who typically uses Bare Escentuals, Guerlain, NARS, Urban Decay, etc. I would honestly not be at all surprised to learn these are made by the same people who supply Bare Escentuals. The products are identical right down to the packaging. Will definitely continue to purchase these!

on 4/18/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Having never tried any E.L.F. products before, I was at Big Lots and saw packs of these mineral eyeshadows. There were 3 different groupings. Each set contained 2 eyeshadows and a brush for $4.50. The only thing I've ever know about E.L.F. is that it's supposed to be super cheap (most of their products are $1) but exceptionally good despite the low price.

These eyeshadows are AMAZING!!!! I was expecting some powdery, barely pigmented eyeshadow that would crease quickly. These shadows are a perfect alternative if Bare Escentuals is too high-priced for you. Great colors, long lasting, colors didn't crease after 5+ hours of wear, and the brush I got is really nice!!!

I'm definitely going to go back and buy the other color sets I saw.

on 3/15/2011 1:07:00 AM

You can use this product wet or dry to enhance the colour. Beautiful colours, they last all day with a primer!

on 3/13/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got ten of these shadows, because for a limited time, if I purchased $30 or more of e.l.f. products, 10 mineral eye shadows were given free. Without the coupon, these shadows are $3 each. The packaging is very sleek, and comparable to that of Bare Essentials eye shadows. As far as the actual shadows go, they are very shimmery, so if you're going for a more matte look, these aren't for you. They do have a few matte colors, though, but I haven't tried those. I guess my biggest complaint with these shadows is that the color was misrepresented on the website, as it is with most of their products. I also noticed that the shadows aren't super pigmented. I think the color is meant to be built up, so that there is the option of wearing it sheer, or layering it for color. I saw that quite a few people complained about how the shadow creases, or how it does not last all day. I used the e.l.f. eyelid primer, and didn't have those problems. Overall, these shadows are a decent product, and hey, they were free. :)

on 3/13/2011 12:09:00 PM

I have several of these. Yes, they are very shimmery, but pretty. Very comparable to more expensive mineral shadows. I find best results using a cream eyeshadow as a base (like their Studio palette of shimmers) and applying with fingertips, then blending with a brush. A brush alone just sends it flying everywhere.