November 23, 2014 | 1807 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow pencil is a really handy tool to keep in your makeup bag. I have it in medium which suited me well as I have naturally brown and thick eyebrows and I just wanted to add a little more density to them. The spoolie (brush) is great for blending the waxy crayon into your eyebrows to create a soft look as well as keeping them going all the right way.

One flaw I have found is that the crayon can become slightly congealed on your brow and when you brush this it can flake off. Aswell as this, I think the price is very expensive for what it is as you could essentially recreate the product using an old mascara brush and a brown eyeliner. But if you do want to fork out for it, I would say go ahead as I don't consider it a waste of money.

****I've included a before and after picture in product info****

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK,I had high hopes for this stuff,because I kinda like Benefit,but this pencil wasn't anything like I expected.The color I have it in is Medium,and it's a nice brown color.What I hate about this is the fact that the pencil is WAAAY too soft and when drawing them on,it just looks terrible,very crayon-y and fake!And it smudges like crazy...NOT something you want when it comes to your eyebrows!Not to mention that because it's so soft,you have to sharpen the darn thing every time you use it!And this is just too expensive to waste like that.My search for the perfect eyebrow pencil continues....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by nerdygeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have an almost perfect brows that only needs definition, then this product might work for you as with any other brow pencils. But if you have overplucked, irregular shaped, sparse brows.. then stay away from this product. It's impossible to create a shape and define as it's too soft and waxy that the tip bends during application and I had to sharpen it each time as it finishes really quickly. To make it worse, after brushing it with the spoolie, the wax erases off quickly too. I have to re-apply and sharpen it again. Wasted $39 on this piece of rubbish.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by PetaDeLa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the idea of this brush, a coloured wax in a pencil. I am also a big fan of the brush on the end...BUT i too much product is used on each application, i have to sharpen it on every 2nd application and i really do not feel as though i am using a whole heap of product.....a lot of product doesn't go very far.

I wont be purchasing this product again as it works out too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: For anyone that likes to know, I have had this for about 2 weeks now, a bit more probably and have used nearly half of it as I have to sharpen everytime I use it. I have replaced with a Clinique one which I much prefer as it's harder so hopefully will last a bit longer.

I bought this in Medium when my MAC eyebrow crayon ran out. I like the fact it has the spooly brush thing on the end. The colour is good - more ashy than other (drugstore) brands I have tried. I own BrowZings as well, but needed a pencil for those days when I don't have enough time for that.

Well. I don't not like this pencil, but it's going to need replacing really, really quickly. It is so soft, I have had to sharpen it every time I have used it. I have to use so much to make it even, then use the brush to neaten. Then the brush lifts a lot of it off....so I end up using even more!

Really wish I'd shopped around a little more before buying this, but I just didn't have time.

I won't be repurchasing this, and unless I find something cheaper than the aforementioned MAC (Spiked BTW) then I guess I will be buying another of those soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sunsesame

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this pencil.

I have light brown coloured brows and I use this pencil to fill them out.
It glides on great, and the little brush on the other side helps smooth it out evenly.
I find this eyebrow pencil looks very natural. Others I have used make my brows look really artificial and too defined.

This product is best for people trying to create a full, natural brow. I wouldn't recommend this too someone who has very thin brows and its attempting to pencil in large areas with no hair.

The one negative - I find this pencil works best when very sharp. When it gets a bit dull... it doesn't go on very nicely. So I sharpen this quite often.. and because of this it doesn't last very long.

I won't buy anything else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

This pencil is waxed-based so there's no need to apply wax, which I like. The color glides on smoothly and is natural-looking. The only complaint I have about this product is that since it's wax-based, it runs out really quickly. I have to sharpen it every time I use it or every other time. I don't want something to run out when it's so pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY a brow pencil that does what it's supposed to do ! Besides the fact that this pencil was obscenely over priced at $30, I love it ! The colour, texture, and staying power are perf !

The only other eyebrow product I have ever been satisfied with is the Laura Mercier eyebrow wax, but I'm definitely keeping the benefit pencil as a staple now too, it's a lot easier to apply than the LM and covers bare spots more seamlessly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My biggest issue with this pencil is that its too soft. When I use a pencil to do my brow I like to make soft little lines and then use the brow pencil to smudge them SLIGHTLY.

This is so darn soft it just SMEARS everywhere. The colors also not flattering.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alm1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this brow pencil in Light. The color looks natural, and the construction of the pencil is nice. I like having the color on one side and a spoolie on the other; it's very convenient. The product itself is a little soft, which is good and bad. It's good because it's easy to deposit the color and doesn't tug on the skin. It's bad because it's easy to put on too much. After application and a little brushing with the spoolie, I can't tell I'm wearing a brow pencil. It just looks like my brows are a little fuller. I seem to go through these pencils very quickly, so it can get expensive. I also can't get a very good point when I sharpen it, but it doesn't seem to affect the application. Overall, I think it's a good option, but I'm going to try to find something else that maybe is a little firmer and cheaper. Physicians Formula used to have a great brow product (I think it was called Wonder Brow)...I believe they have a new product, so maybe I'll try that one.