September 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by allaboutdaniela

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by cherried

Omg what's with the negative comments? Really, mascara doesn't work from one person to another. I'm a sucker for mascara and this one is the best! Good for daily use, gives a super duper lengthening power and decent volume. Separates the lashes well, no flaking and smudging. What I hate about this is the white primer cannot be easily covered by the mascara itself, but if you ask me if I will repurchase this mascara again? YES YES YES!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Anniej825

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ugh..not the best mascara ive used actually one of the worst. the primer isnt bad though i sometimes use it with other mascaras. well first of all the formula is SUPER WET. which i hate it takes soooo long to dry on your lashes its real goopy. it does hold a curl very well but thats the only good thing. sometimes i will curl my lashes and put a VERY small amount on the base of my lashes to keep the curl but for a use of a regular all over mascara this is way to wet. even after weeks the mascara didnt even dry alittle in the tube. the brush isnt really anything special either.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by NeverEverGuess00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the only thing I like about this mascara is the white end, which i use then top it with my other mascaras.. I've only used the black side once, and its a huge disappointment.

I would love it if Maybelline comes out with only the primer side. that way I can get enough product and dont have to waste money at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by xviicki

I really, really dislike this mascara. Firstly, the packaging is so annoying. It is a double sided mascara which is good for 'building length and volume' but for me covering the white (no matter how little i put on) was a pain because i had to literally layer black on it just to get it to cover, and even then it looked grey. I find that it smudges and flakes through out the day.

Pros:
    It is double sided so you can build more volume.

Cons:
    It flakes.
    You can't cover the white.
    It is a bit clumpy.

I would NOT recommend this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by flower_girl13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of only two mascaras I've ever repurchased, and a plus is that it's pretty cheap these days. It lengthens really well, though there is no volume, so lashes can look a bit spindly. I find that adding Lash Blast, my favourite mascara, over the top (of either the primer and/or mascara) adds enough thickness to give more dramatic lashes. The brush is nice, though I find that a lot of product comes out, so I have to wipe it off on the side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Dang girls, what's with the bad reviews?! I loved this mascara! The primer worked for me, it really made my lashes look very long and voluminous. It stayed put and didn't smudge or flake. I took a lippy off because I feel like the primer dries out a bit too fast. But I'll still repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara but this just didn't live up to it. I find the primer useless since it did little for my lashes and it does not go well after coating the black mascara on afterwards. Not ony the primer does little, it makes my lashes later feel really uncomfortable. The mascara without primer is so so. The only pro is that I actually liked the mascara wand.

Not a fan, will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Justinarae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really did enjoy this mascara. It made my eyelashes look VERY long (and I have short to medium lashes) and doll like. I did have a few issues with it though. It seemed to run out more quickly than past mascaras I have used, and it would often smudge on to the area under my eyes and it looked like I was crying (this was with the WATERPROOF version) and that was definitely annoying. I'd also have to reapply it a few times throughout the day. I'm still on the fence deciding if those drawbacks are worth the amazing length I got from using this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

was a no for me. didnt do much to my eyelashes. just darkened them; i didnt get length, i didnt get volume. having said this, it wasnt clumpy and the brush was good quality. it combed through my lashed well and it didnt flake off during the day.

you dont get much out of the product because it is a dual-ended mascara, so in actual fact youre getting less of the black mascara as opposed to if you were to buy a normal tube for the same price.
    i would suggest to buy a primer if you like to prime, and a normal full tubed mascara cause then youll get twice the dose. ill stick to the colossal because this really didnt do anything.