July 30, 2014 | 1182 users online

Tools - Urban Decay - Grind House (sharpener)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by InSpirit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had given up using all pencil eyeliners until I found this product. Before owning this I would get one or two good uses out of a pencil-style eyeliner before it'd go dull, and sharpening them using a normal pencil sharpener (the non-electric kind) would do next to nothing.
I read good reviews for this product and decided to give it a try, and I am SO GLAD that I did. Every time I sharpen my eyeliner pencils they look like they're straight out of the package, it brings the tip to a sharp point like you'd see on a lead pencil. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that wants more precision from their eyeliner. It's small, stylish, and easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually a decent sharpener! I got it as part of the 15th anniversary eyeliner kit and I have to admit I'm impressed with how well it can sharpen pencils. Many other sharpeners either can't get a fine point or cause the liner to break, resulting in more sharpening and wastage. This sharpener gets it right. Chilling the pencils in the freezer for a while improves the sharpening even more--by doing that I am able to get fairly fine points.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a kit with two of the 24/7 liners (which I'm obsessed with...) but for the longest time it was just shoved in the bottom of my makeup bag. I was afraid to use it because I'd destroyed pencils before by using a bad sharpener, and the UD pencils are NOT cheap. I finally used it, however, and I definitely recommend it! I was able to get a good tip on the pencil without shaving off too much of the product or breaking the tip. I think it retails for $10 which is a little pricey, but you really won't need to replace it until it breaks or if it wears down after years of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by thebiochemistGF

I bought this in a special pack with two full sized UD 24/7 liners. If you have a lot of soft eye pencils, this is definitely a good investment. I've used it for UD liners, the NYX Slide-On Pencils, my Hard Candy Wet lip pencils, the UD 24/7 shadow pencils as well as the NYX Jumbo Pencils. I used alcohol to clean it throughly; pigment from the pencils can get stuck in the corners. I like that it comes completely apart- you can pull the bottom off as well. If you collect eyeliners, there's no reason not to spend a little more for a quality sharpener.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only sharpener that will sharpen ALL my make-up pencils. The cheap ones cause the wood on them to split, not this one. When you spend $20 on a makeup pencil, you have a tendency to want to make sure it doesn't split and ruin...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by BBreviu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After (like others) ruining my last pencil in another sharpener I stayed away and for a while only bought retractable pencils....but then I found this amazing creamy pencil that I loved but it was expensive and I didn't want to ruin it. So I researched and found reviews for this UD sharpener I dished out the $10 crossing my fingers and YES!!! it works like a charm, it's fantastic!! (p.s. putting your super creamy pencils in the freezer for just a few minutes before sharpening will also ensure the shavings wont smuge anything when you are removing them....very helpful when you want to sharpen more than one pencil)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this yesterday and proceeded to sharpen every pencil in my collection. Well almost. XD Theres not anything I can really say that hasn't been said, but this its really good. And ten bucks for a sharpener is up there, but its still just ten bucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

AMAZING! Before using this, I owned a 99cent sharpener from the dollar store and it didn't work for my jumbo eye pencils by NYX or my UD 24/7, so I splurged on this! And it's well worth it, the packaging is beautiful--bright purple with skull accent and it's easy to find in my makeup bag. This does a great job sharpening all sorts of pencils, large and small, with minimal effort. I'm no longer breaking pencils and wasting precious product, thank you urban decay!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by missminikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this sharpener. I was previously using the NYX one but I prefer this one.

The packaging is adorable with its purple plastic and cute silver graphics. It's double barrelled, so it works for a wide variety of products, including NYX jumbo pencils. It is easy to take apart and clean, but this also means it can come apart when you travel with it. It sharpens nicely to a point and doesn't break the pencils.

It's a tad pricey for a sharpener but if you invest in good quality pencil products then you need a good sharpener for proper application and to prevent waste. I overcame the price issue by purchasing this with the 24/7 liner duo. You get two full size 24/7 liners and Grindhouse for less than the price of two liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by KilllJoysMakeSomeNoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really didn't want to buy into the hype of this sharpener, but it's totally worth the price. Yes you can buy cheaper sharpeners but they're also much more cheaply made. This one does larger or regular sized pencils, is super sharp and never makes my pencils crumple.

I know this is short, but believe me, it's worth the money. Buy it.