August 23, 2014 | 1813 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

I got the 44 pallete for a christmas gift from a friend. I was only 17 at the time so i did use A LOT of the bright neon colors but now that im 21 i noticed im not really into the bright neon colors anymore.i tend to stay to the neutral colors now. I do wear the neons every now and again but not all the time so basically half of the palette is going to waste. Also it came with some blushes but i dropped the palette one day and they broke so the packaging isnt all that great. They are very pigmented and pretty but i half to dip into the shadow 2 times to get the desired color. Also the do have a lot of fall out. Im really wanting to get a too faced pallete but dont have the money right now so i just stick to this for now but as soon as i get another pallete im tosding this to my neice or saving it for my girls for when they can start playing with makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by batsandlashes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while back and I wouldn't say I love it, but it is a good palette.
As there are 88 eyeshadows there are lots of colours and shades to pick from, which I absolutely love because I love using different shades of a colour when doing my eye make up.
What I disliked about this product is that the colours are generally grouped together, but they neither go from lightest to darkest shade, and there are some colours just dotted about fraying from their colour group, which irritates me.
The colours are good though, I've tested them all and each has great pigmentation and coverage. They are easily blendable and spread very easy too. You don't have to totally rub your heart out to get a reasonable amount of shadow on your brush/applicator either!
The eyeshadows are around the size of a 5p coin, which is pretty small, but they are dome shaped which means that there's more than you actually think and they last a good while!
The price I got mines for was 23.99, I'm not sure if that's the actual price of the palette or whether I got a little discount, but I feel this is a reasonable price. For 88 quality eyeshadows it's a medium priced palette, as there are definitely some that are more expensive, and you could probably find one or two cheaper though whether they'd be good quality or not is unknown.
I would recommend this if you're looking for one palette that will serve you for a good while at a reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by goldenloverno1

The 88 original pallet is an ok pallet. I think that it is great for a beginner due to the fact that there are a lot of colors with decent pigmentation. Making the pallet a good option for people without a lot of colors. However, I am not impressed with the finishes of the shadows it just doesn't compare to the higher end brands like urban decay. The matte colors aren't buttery they are somewhat dry. Also, I don't find the colors to have any nuances to them if you know what I mean. I like my shadows to have an underlying sheen to them or variations in the color and I just didn't find that to be true in this pallet. Bottom line. I won't repurchase since I am a bit of a makeup junkie and like to try new products and I don't tend to repurchase pallets unless they have a shade that I can't live without.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

88 Original; Great beginner palette for those wanting to dabble in colored eyeshadows. These colors are super pigmented with a nice range between them. If you tap off the excess shadow from the brush before applying to your lid and you won't get fallout. I also have a review on the 88 Warm Palette so yall can check that out too. The pot sizes are the size of a dime but you won't hit pan anytime soon cause there's so many and, again, really pigmented. 88 eyeshadows for about $20...how cool is that? You've probably seen the BH Cosmetics Palette which is the exact same thing as this (refer to the comment below about asia distribution.) All in all I would recommend as a great starter colored palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great eyeshadow palette.
The colors are pigmented and blend really good.
some of the color (the black) is a bit crumby.
The packaging is great not the best to travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Shamutz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but all of the products are made in asia and then repackaged with different branding. have a look at chinese wholesale sites and you will find the pricing a lot cheaper especially if you buy more than one. One of the shadows was broken in transit which i can live with considering there were so many similar colours to choose from.
The quality is OK, there is ALOT of fall out so best to put your foundation on after applying the shadow. For the price its worth it though, there are colours I'm now using which i normally would not have purchased from other higher priced brands. I have worn the product both to work and out i do find that there are specs of shadow falling under my eyes. I have since bought the concealer and blush but am yet to try them.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I do love this product, although I got mine from BH cosmetics, and when looking around online I noticed that sedona lace, bh cosmetics, coastal scents and many other site sold the same ones just different prices. The pro of that is I can compare prices to find the cheapest and great quality, but I guess I don't really like knowing that one factory makes it and just ships it everywhere. I love that they are very pigmented for the price, i paid about 13 plus shipping for this for 88 colours which is a GREAT DEAL. It's a great beginners palette so you can see what colours work best, what you like what you don't, which allows for time and money saving later on as well. The things I didn't like about it is some fallout with certain colours and it does need a good base in order to stay as long as I want it to. I would repurchase this if I hit pan on many of them, but it may take me a long time and I would like to try out other palettes as well as I did buy this when I was just starting off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think its a great palette, i used it alot when i first started in makeup. The pigmentation is pretty good, and you get tons of colors but i just think the colors are not that great and unique thats why i dont reach for it very often anymore

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by V4N3SS4ful

Lemme just start by saying this is a GREAT beginner-type of palette. Not only does it come with a great variety of colors, but it allows you to experiment more. The eyeshadows are OKAY quality. I said that i wouldn't buy this again, and thats ONLY because I'm more of a neutral girl. But i definetly dont regret purchasing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't remember how much I bought this from but I have to say that this isn't anything special. Would be great if you're the type to experiment with colors but since I stick to my usuals, this product was a waste of space for me.

Pigmentation is poor. The dark colors are dark yet not enough to actually be dark. E.g. the black isn't black enough; same for the brown. I might just splurge on a better palette with colors that I'd actually use next time.