April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by goldenloverno1

The 88 original pallet is an ok pallet. I think that it is great for a beginner due to the fact that there are a lot of colors with decent pigmentation. Making the pallet a good option for people without a lot of colors. However, I am not impressed with the finishes of the shadows it just doesn't compare to the higher end brands like urban decay. The matte colors aren't buttery they are somewhat dry. Also, I don't find the colors to have any nuances to them if you know what I mean. I like my shadows to have an underlying sheen to them or variations in the color and I just didn't find that to be true in this pallet. Bottom line. I won't repurchase since I am a bit of a makeup junkie and like to try new products and I don't tend to repurchase pallets unless they have a shade that I can't live without.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

88 Original; Great beginner palette for those wanting to dabble in colored eyeshadows. These colors are super pigmented with a nice range between them. If you tap off the excess shadow from the brush before applying to your lid and you won't get fallout. I also have a review on the 88 Warm Palette so yall can check that out too. The pot sizes are the size of a dime but you won't hit pan anytime soon cause there's so many and, again, really pigmented. 88 eyeshadows for about $20...how cool is that? You've probably seen the BH Cosmetics Palette which is the exact same thing as this (refer to the comment below about asia distribution.) All in all I would recommend as a great starter colored palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great eyeshadow palette.
The colors are pigmented and blend really good.
some of the color (the black) is a bit crumby.
The packaging is great not the best to travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Shamutz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but all of the products are made in asia and then repackaged with different branding. have a look at chinese wholesale sites and you will find the pricing a lot cheaper especially if you buy more than one. One of the shadows was broken in transit which i can live with considering there were so many similar colours to choose from.
The quality is OK, there is ALOT of fall out so best to put your foundation on after applying the shadow. For the price its worth it though, there are colours I'm now using which i normally would not have purchased from other higher priced brands. I have worn the product both to work and out i do find that there are specs of shadow falling under my eyes. I have since bought the concealer and blush but am yet to try them.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I do love this product, although I got mine from BH cosmetics, and when looking around online I noticed that sedona lace, bh cosmetics, coastal scents and many other site sold the same ones just different prices. The pro of that is I can compare prices to find the cheapest and great quality, but I guess I don't really like knowing that one factory makes it and just ships it everywhere. I love that they are very pigmented for the price, i paid about 13 plus shipping for this for 88 colours which is a GREAT DEAL. It's a great beginners palette so you can see what colours work best, what you like what you don't, which allows for time and money saving later on as well. The things I didn't like about it is some fallout with certain colours and it does need a good base in order to stay as long as I want it to. I would repurchase this if I hit pan on many of them, but it may take me a long time and I would like to try out other palettes as well as I did buy this when I was just starting off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think its a great palette, i used it alot when i first started in makeup. The pigmentation is pretty good, and you get tons of colors but i just think the colors are not that great and unique thats why i dont reach for it very often anymore

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by V4N3SS4ful

Lemme just start by saying this is a GREAT beginner-type of palette. Not only does it come with a great variety of colors, but it allows you to experiment more. The eyeshadows are OKAY quality. I said that i wouldn't buy this again, and thats ONLY because I'm more of a neutral girl. But i definetly dont regret purchasing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I can't remember how much I bought this from but I have to say that this isn't anything special. Would be great if you're the type to experiment with colors but since I stick to my usuals, this product was a waste of space for me.

Pigmentation is poor. The dark colors are dark yet not enough to actually be dark. E.g. the black isn't black enough; same for the brown. I might just splurge on a better palette with colors that I'd actually use next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by buffydog15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, I wont lie--these colors ARE kind of chalky. BUT, if you use these shadows wet, it makes all the difference. Most people don't seem to notice this, but on the website, it does say they are able to be used wet. So, I would say to you, use these shadows wet for the best look. I think the shade range of this palette is great, it has so many crazy bright colors and also some neutrals, which is a good balance. I really do like this palette, even though some of the reviewers seem to hate this palette and coastal scents as a company. But I wouldn't repurchase because 1) I don't see myself ever running out of these shadows and 2) I don't really NEED 88 more eyeshadows. Good for beginners and those who love brights.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by sshairprof

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have beige medium skin so some of the colors do not pop like i would necessarily like, although with the use of my NYx creme pencil it helps alot...which u should be using anyways...I love the blues and purples and yellows.. Also good colors for doing smokey eyes too. I really love this palette because it provides a wide variety of color. Not every color is going to work for every body because not everybody has the same skin tone. The use of a primer and white base is a must! And I have not had any colors fall out..although I am not tossing it around and upside down either :)