August 28, 2014 | 1169 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Vannbaby

I got this powder after I hit pan on my MAC studio fix powder. I read so many good reviews on this powder, so I had to give it a try. The first time I went to Macy's to get it, i got it in the color 020, well thats what the rep. matched me with. Inside the building, my face looked amazing. However when i went outside, sitting in my car looking in the mirror, I looked so pale! Mind you I am an NC35ish. So i went back and exchanged it for 040.

Here are the PROS:
*Excellent coverage! It is so smooth on my face
*Does not break me out!! (Like MAC Studio fix does)

CONS:
*Rubs off SUPER easily.
(for example wearing your sunglasses, it will rub some of the powder off your nose)
*040 makes my face look more orange, so i have to blend it with a lighter powder to equal out the color.

I am Asian, Mexican and Caucasian. My skin tone is yellow with hint of pink on my face. I would LOVE this if, it didn't turn my face orange. So i am still on the look out for that perfect skin matching color :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I know the Shiseido has great skincare products as I have been using them myself. I was enticed to try a powder foundation as I was getting a little darker since it's been getting warm and sunny. One thing I didn't like was that you have to buy the case separately. I was matched as O60 which I thought was a pretty good match. I thought this foundation looked good in person it gave the "white flash" effect in flash photographer. This is probably due to the SPF in it. It probably protects your skin well but just not good for photographs. I returned it after 5 days. There are just so many foundation choices out there, though this one may work well for others, it is not what I was looking for so probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by noobcake2010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I'm still on my first one. Had it for almost two years (I use it everyday). It covers up really well (acne scars, redness, and dark circles) and the application is easy and the result is flawless. People who give this product a bad review it's because you are applying way too much on your skin. Do not use the sponge that comes with it, use a brush and conceal spots using a concealer brush (no concealer needed). This is the only face makeup I apply to my skin. Overall, love it and will buy again but, down side is, it's expensive because product made from Japan.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Georgina23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! I am an NC30 and use O60...perfect match and awesome coverage.
I use it on top of my liquid foundation for those nights out and my skin looks flawless. I find it to be a bit heavy for everyday use on top of foundation but overall..great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by amandaminty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL PEOPLE! I slide this on over my SmashBox tinted moisturizer and have not only noticed that the makeup stays put all day, but it actually starts to look better and my skin feels like velvet. I have been using this for 2 months and my skin has never and I mean NEVER looked better.
First and foremost, Shiseido is a skin CARE line. They are treating the conditions of your skin not just covering up the conditions of your skin. I have tried the stick makeup and the lifting foundation from Shiseido and have had excellent outcomes. The reason I ditched the stick is that I found it was too scented and very light coverage. The lifting foundation was too thick and transferred throughout the day. My skin was glowing though ad despite being very thick it still hadn’t broke me out.
If you are looking for something that will not break you out and actually improve your skins natural texture I would suggest trying ANYTHING by Shiseido.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

pro: good color match, not cakey,
con: not enough coverage for my acne skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jinng

I've finally found my HG powder foundation . The coverage is medium yet very natural looking . Im NC25-NC27 in MAC and O20 is my spot on shade. I love the fact that it's so convenient to use in the morning since i always in the rush to get ready . The powder feels lightweight and leaves my skin smoothly as its called "perfect smoothing". I have used MAC MSF Natural and having a on off relationship with that powder , it does feel nice on but i doesn't give me the coverage that i want , whereas perfect smoothing gives me that flawless look and still feels nice . Overall , this is an definite for me and of course i'll repurchase it once i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder give me such amazing coverage. It doesn't make my face feel dry or anything. The coverage is beyond medium. I don't even need concealer when I use this. I am a Mac NC30 and I got I20 which is a pretty close match but I do wish that I got I10. Oh well, it looks pretty nice and matched nicely. I really like the smell and the sponge. Very pricey... $40 dollars.. Not super sure if I would repurchase but for now I'm in love !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I found thus far that my skin can tolerate. It feels less powdery, lightweight and good coverage. I tried different brands, even liquid foundations and my skin is a combo and sensitive- my face loves this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jandi

In the eternal quest for a foundation that covers redness from acne, looks natural and does not make my skin get super oily, I decided to try this based on other MUA reviews. I am very happy so far! I am using O20, and during summer, it stays put, keeps my skin shine free, and melds into it, covering just right. Unfortunately, it is rather on the expensive side, and it is a little too dark for use in winter. I have been unable to find lighter shades on Sephora or The Bay - the O20 is hard enough to find as it is!