October 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Jess341

This product completely ruined my skin. I bought it three day ago used it 2 nights in a row and my face is dry, red, burned, itchy, and feels like complete sandpaper. DO NOT buy this product I threw this in the sink I didn't even want it in my house hold. It may smell good and look cute pretty pink but this is deadly to your skin especially if you have no acne it will burn your skin

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Mira99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this facial wash. My facial skin is acne prone so I find it difficult to pick the right cleanser but this one is great since I used it I rarely have acne and only around pms which is good compared to before. Although it has this one problem is that it really tightens my face when I use it but It's expected as it has 2% salicylic acid so by just using a good moisturizer directly after washing my face I become okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is AWEFUL! I have only been using this for a week and a half and have already had 5 pimples! My skin isn't hyper sensative and doesn't break out. I get the occassional pms pimple. But since using this I'm getting pimples popping up almost every day! What the what is wrong with this stuff?? It's doing the exact opposite of what it's suppose to be doing... And I see from these reviews that I'm not alone. And it kind of burns if you have a pimple...I'm not getting the tightening of the skin or horrible dry patches tho, thank God. But the breakouts are bad enough. Please avoid this, even if you don't have sensative skin, because I don't, and it's just aweful. PLEASE discontinue this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by dazzlemebaby

I bought this product because I remembered seeing my sister use it and I thought hey, maybe i'll use it.

The first time I used it my skin felt painfully tight and my first thought was that it was just very deep cleansing. When I woke up the next morning my face was insanely dry with dry patches everywhere and I couldnt even open my mouth wide because my skin was so tight.

I kept using it, mainly because I didnt have any other products to switch back to.

It felt like it was eating away at my skin, because thats how bad it made my skin feel.

Upon using it for.. 2-3 weeks, my acne got noticeably worse and I started to think it was the cause of my breakouts. i stopped using it and within 3 days my skin cleared up to the way it was before.

Dont buy this product! it is not worth your skin or your money!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't actually get acne much at all, but the reason why I ended up with this was because I asked a friend to pick up the other Neutrogena grapefruit-scented cleaner (the deep clean foaming one) and she bought the wrong one. I used it anyway, and in my experience it wasn't harsh in any way, which many of the other reviews said it was. I really like the grapefruit scent but I didn't really find that it did too much whenever I did get a pimple anywhere, although I'm not sure that it's supposed to "cure" pimples anyway. It didn't dry out my skin at all though and I actually thought it was quite satisfactory. The only reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because I personally don't need anything for acne, and the deep clean foam cleanser is more suitable for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

I originally bought this cleanser because I really liked the way it smelled. Biggest mistake of my life. After just one use, my skin felt painfully tight, but I just thought that it was really cleaning deep and this was what it was supposed to feel like. The next day, I woke up with HORRIBLE dry patches on my face. The area around my nose and mouth were so crusted that they started bleeding. I immediately discontinued use and it took days of heavy moisturizing to get my skin back to normal. Maybe this cleanser would work for very very oily skin, but it absolutely destroyed my normal-combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by lovely_azian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wayyy too harsh and heavily fragranced. I feel like this eating away at my skin. Its meant for acne prone skin but I think if your skin is already irritated and inflamed this is the last thing you want to use on it. Trying to use it up by washing my makeup brushes with it but it makes my makeup brushes stink of chemical grapefruit. The only way I can bear to use this is by majorly diluting a pea size amount to cleanse after using an oil cleanser to remove makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Glorylocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is not something that I personally recommend. This product is an alright cleanser..but for all the hype that it has gotten in the past, I personally don't feel like it was worth it. I personally feel like this cleanser was just a basic cleanser with grapefruit scent. I found the grapefruit scent to just be awful. Didn't smell like grapefruits at all. It was also very drying. I have normal skin but am oily in my T zone. This dried my face out so bad that it was flaking and peeling. I won't buy this product again. It also didn't do anything for my slight acne breakouts so I just feel like it was a complete waste of my money. I ended up using up as much as I dared because I hate to throw things away, eventually though about half the product ended up in the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell of this is strong like sour grapefruit (which I do like) but with an overpowering chemical smell. It just smells kind of harsh.
It still smelled good enough for me to try and after 2 washes I realized...It IS harsh!
I have oily skin and a lot of products that others claim to dry them out don't bother me but this made my face peel. It also seemed to put my skin into oil production overdrive.
I may give it another shot to not waste it since I got the whole kit ( which actually was quite a nice gift set) but I could definitely not use this every day.
I still have the scrub to try....I'm afraid...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I don't know what could be the reason for this (because the original posed no problems) but it made me break out. The smell is great so I was so disappointed. I definitely won't purchase anything in the grapefruit line. I will stick to rapid clear!