October 24, 2014 | 1511 users online

Gels/Soaps - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Helps with breakouts and smells better, IMO, than the original Neutrogena body clear - itís my go-to body wash during the hotter months. Itís too stripping for me to use in the winter as my skin gets drier as I get older. It's just a body wash, not a leave-on product, so don't expect it to work miracles by itself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's like I'm using nothing at all. I purchased this for my back and upper shoulder acne. I've been using it for three weeks and I have seen no improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Bunni26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works fabulous on body acne, but it can be a little drying on the skin so don't forget to moisturize afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kar122

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always passed by this in the store and never gave it a thought. I decided to buy after seeing a Neutrogena Summer display at Target. I started using this about 3 weeks ago and my skin (especially shoulders and upper arms) glow! More importantly, they are clear of any type of bump. I get small irritated bumps due to being in the sun and the humidity. The only con for me is the smell of it. I can smell the citrus but it is bitter. Overall, I would definitely add this to my summer/ warm weather shopping list.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have picky skin, even on my body. I get breakout on my back and chest and have to be careful what bodywashes I use. This is one that I honestly like and can use regularly and it actually helps clear (it does take almost a full bottle to get the effects of the SA in it). This also helps to improve the condition of the KP bumps I get on my upper arms. Very fun fruitylicious fragrance. A great pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

I love this body wash! At first I used the original Body Clear body wash, which smells terrible, but then I discovered this one which does the same thing, except it smells wonderful and it has little exfoliating beads. I like to exfoliate my skin at least twice a week because it keeps it blemish-free, and the salicylic acid keeps the acne away. I use it almost every day, its great. I will definitely be repurchasing. It is a little expensive in Canada but still within a reasonable range.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Greendaylove35

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Right. I have one word for this product: Pathetic.
First of all, you have to know that my acne is not cystic or terrible, just many pimples on chest and back. My skin wasn't particularily sensitive or overly oily.
That being said, it has grown progressively worse for the past 2 years, and I was 14 when I decided to do something and started using this. By the end of the first bottle, nothing. Still the same pimples, in fact my acne was slowly but surely extending to shoulders, neck and lower back. Here I am, 5 (YES, FIVE) bottles later and still nothing. It finally made my chest acne superficially better (the pimples were under the skin, so less bothersome) after MONTHS of use and there isn't even a dent in the back acne. I have slowiy realed myself off of this product ( slowly because I read that once you stop it quickly gets just as bad as before, so NOT a permanent solution, even when it does work. Hmmm, I wonder what Neutrogena stands to gain from making a product your skin eternally depends on...) It has also made my skin much more sensitive than ever before, and it may be responsible for my acne spreading to neck, shoulders and lower lower back. since it happened during use. The grapefruit cleanser by Neutrogena for FACIAL acne just made things worse, even after months of dedicated, regular use. My overall, face & body skin is now red, irritaded and dried up by the simplest of water-only showers. I discontinued use a week ago and am now TRYING to recover from these products. I will say it again, I have all-around kind of acne, nothing peculiar about it. Pimples, blackheads, moderate to sometimes severe acne. So all in all, I thing Neutrogena should spend a little less money on Vanessa Hudgens and Hayden Panettiere (who, i would like to point out, probably have never seen a single pimple in their lives) and a little more on research.
To finish off I apologize for the long, detailed review that most of you probably don't need or want but i feel it was important to put it out there, if it can help somebody, anybody from making the same mistake I did :/ Best of luck to all acne sufferers and if you decide to buy it I really hope it works for you! There are some positive reviews after all... Maybe i am just special...Yay. good luck to all acne sufferers!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by TibbyCanoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff smells like grapefruit for sure, more bitter than citrus refreshing - but it's better than a medicine smell!! I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, it's very mild but it is bothersome, even though it only comes and goes. My dermatologist has told me that I could treat it with Retin A - but my Retin A product is WAY to expensive to rub all over the backs of my arms. So, I gave this a try assuming if you could treat it with Retin A - you could also treat it with salicylic acid. I don't think the beads exfoliate but the SA does that chemically for you. I loofa first so that it will sink in and then use it from head to toe. I must say, I do see a definite improvement with the KP. I think the result makes my skin on the rest of my body look more luminous, which is good because dry skin on the legs is nothing anybody wants to look at. I moisturize after I get out of the shower and voila, my limbs are ready to face the world.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw very good reviews of this body soap, so I wanted to give it try. Since my favorite soap Thymes, Red Cnerie is expensive. I did not see any significant difference in my skin after using this body soap and also it did not help my back acne in the long run. I prefer that the soap changes my skin condition in long run.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could have given this a 3.5...so I went ahead and rounded up. In a nutshell...I like this, but I do not think it is anything special. My skin (body included) tends to be super oily in the summer and super dry in the winter. I bought this last summer to help combat breakouts on my back and chest area. I do think it helped by drying my skin out a little bit--nothing drastic but I did notice a little difference. No way could I use this in the winter months, it would be way too drying. I did even use it on my face off and on throughout the summer and it did just fine.
I love the smell, it is light and definitely grapefruity. : ) I like the packaging. After summer I tucked it away and when it gets warm again I will grab it, turn it upside down (which I like to be able to do when storing body washes in the shower--especially when they start to run low) and be ready to go. I don't know if I will repurchase when this runs completely out--I may try something different. But I would repurchase this if I couldn't find anything I liked better.