Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

on 11/26/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh...that's really all I can say. This product didn't improve my body acne at all.

on 11/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

This body wash has cleared major breakout from my chest and back by 90%.....i took 1 lippy off because i still have white heads here and there.....it takes time to work so be patient and just use it faithfully and don't scrubbbb....i find alot of the times scrubing actually aggravate the skin with more breakoutsss.............

on 11/6/2012 6:14:00 PM

Helps with breakouts and smells better, IMO, than the original Neutrogena body clear - itís my go-to body wash during the hotter months. Itís too stripping for me to use in the winter as my skin gets drier as I get older. It's just a body wash, not a leave-on product, so don't expect it to work miracles by itself.

on 9/11/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It's like I'm using nothing at all. I purchased this for my back and upper shoulder acne. I've been using it for three weeks and I have seen no improvement.

on 8/12/2012 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Works fabulous on body acne, but it can be a little drying on the skin so don't forget to moisturize afterwards.

on 8/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

I always passed by this in the store and never gave it a thought. I decided to buy after seeing a Neutrogena Summer display at Target. I started using this about 3 weeks ago and my skin (especially shoulders and upper arms) glow! More importantly, they are clear of any type of bump. I get small irritated bumps due to being in the sun and the humidity. The only con for me is the smell of it. I can smell the citrus but it is bitter. Overall, I would definitely add this to my summer/ warm weather shopping list.

on 6/30/2012 10:29:00 AM

I have picky skin, even on my body. I get breakout on my back and chest and have to be careful what bodywashes I use. This is one that I honestly like and can use regularly and it actually helps clear (it does take almost a full bottle to get the effects of the SA in it). This also helps to improve the condition of the KP bumps I get on my upper arms. Very fun fruitylicious fragrance. A great pick-me-up!

on 6/13/2012 11:55:00 PM

I love this body wash! At first I used the original Body Clear body wash, which smells terrible, but then I discovered this one which does the same thing, except it smells wonderful and it has little exfoliating beads. I like to exfoliate my skin at least twice a week because it keeps it blemish-free, and the salicylic acid keeps the acne away. I use it almost every day, its great. I will definitely be repurchasing. It is a little expensive in Canada but still within a reasonable range.

Right. I have one word for this product: Pathetic.
First of all, you have to know that my acne is not cystic or terrible, just many pimples on chest and back. My skin wasn't particularily sensitive or overly oily.
That being said, it has grown progressively worse for the past 2 years, and I was 14 when I decided to do something and started using this. By the end of the first bottle, nothing. Still the same pimples, in fact my acne was slowly but surely extending to shoulders, neck and lower back. Here I am, 5 (YES, FIVE) bottles later and still nothing. It finally made my chest acne superficially better (the pimples were under the skin, so less bothersome) after MONTHS of use and there isn't even a dent in the back acne. I have slowiy realed myself off of this product ( slowly because I read that once you stop it quickly gets just as bad as before, so NOT a permanent solution, even when it does work. Hmmm, I wonder what Neutrogena stands to gain from making a product your skin eternally depends on...) It has also made my skin much more sensitive than ever before, and it may be responsible for my acne spreading to neck, shoulders and lower lower back. since it happened during use. The grapefruit cleanser by Neutrogena for FACIAL acne just made things worse, even after months of dedicated, regular use. My overall, face & body skin is now red, irritaded and dried up by the simplest of water-only showers. I discontinued use a week ago and am now TRYING to recover from these products. I will say it again, I have all-around kind of acne, nothing peculiar about it. Pimples, blackheads, moderate to sometimes severe acne. So all in all, I thing Neutrogena should spend a little less money on Vanessa Hudgens and Hayden Panettiere (who, i would like to point out, probably have never seen a single pimple in their lives) and a little more on research.
To finish off I apologize for the long, detailed review that most of you probably don't need or want but i feel it was important to put it out there, if it can help somebody, anybody from making the same mistake I did :/ Best of luck to all acne sufferers and if you decide to buy it I really hope it works for you! There are some positive reviews after all... Maybe i am just special...Yay. good luck to all acne sufferers!!

on 4/15/2012 9:53:00 PM

This stuff smells like grapefruit for sure, more bitter than citrus refreshing - but it's better than a medicine smell!! I have keratosis pilaris on my arms, it's very mild but it is bothersome, even though it only comes and goes. My dermatologist has told me that I could treat it with Retin A - but my Retin A product is WAY to expensive to rub all over the backs of my arms. So, I gave this a try assuming if you could treat it with Retin A - you could also treat it with salicylic acid. I don't think the beads exfoliate but the SA does that chemically for you. I loofa first so that it will sink in and then use it from head to toe. I must say, I do see a definite improvement with the KP. I think the result makes my skin on the rest of my body look more luminous, which is good because dry skin on the legs is nothing anybody wants to look at. I moisturize after I get out of the shower and voila, my limbs are ready to face the world.