Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

on 2/18/2013 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this body wash, but I don't love it. This year I have developed some pretty nasty acne all over my shoulder blades, so I brought this out of the cabinet and started doing five minute acne treatments by slathering this on my back while I conditioned my hair in the shower, along with using Differin 0.3 Gel (Rx) on the affected areas at night. I was under the impression that the scrub was working wonders, until recently I realized that the acne was more or less the same as it had been before. I'm going to have to go back to the dermatologist to get a stronger prescription product to use. This might work for people who have very very minor acne and blackheads on their body, or who just like the fruity grapefruit smell (which I do like).

on 12/23/2012 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to military training body wash, and it is creeping it's way into my everyday life!
When on training, your shower is your 10 minutes of sanity at 22:50 every night. You need to make the most of your time! And you are truly sweaty and gross in ways you had not previously thought possible.

This stuff smells awesome. Fresh, fruity, uplifting. Reminding you of a world existing beyond the fences, barricades, and MP's.

It foams up really well, has 2% SA and I can use it on my face and body, speeding up the cleansing process and not taking up precious space in my kit bag. One product, two uses.
This also keeps acne, face and body, at bay. From hormonal zits to those nasty ones under your sports bra, this worked wonders.

The smell doesn't last much past the shower. Which is a good thing in my opinion. The last thing I need is to smell like a grapefruit.
Story: I used a Secret Tropical deo while on training once. An NCO stopped me and asked me why I smelled like a pina colada and did I think that was an appropriate scent for an officer. In a loud voice, in front of my friends. Never again!

Now for home life: I still love this stuff. I still run and do alot of yoga, so this keeps my skin looking fresh and acne free, again both face and body. The smell is still lovely and doesn't interfere with my perfume.

This is cheap, readily available, with durable packaging. One bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Awesomeness in a bottle!

on 12/22/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for +6 months now and I have really noticed a decrease in acne on my back and shoulders. Initially, I was disappointed in this but then I realized it was actually working, I just had to be persistent in using it daily and have patient.
The results started showing up about +3 weeks into using it. The scars are dramatically less visible and the white heads were completely gone from my shoulders. My back however would still occasionally get white heads but not a lot.
Tips:
Be patient
Be persistent
Stray away from touching/scratching the white heads because it'll turn into red puffy pimples and that is a no no.
Pros:
Visibly erase scars
Decrease the amount of white heads and big red pimples that would surface
Smells good
Foams well
Would last +6 months
Cons:
Takes +3 weeks to show results
Smell doesn't last long

on 11/26/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh...that's really all I can say. This product didn't improve my body acne at all.

on 11/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

This body wash has cleared major breakout from my chest and back by 90%.....i took 1 lippy off because i still have white heads here and there.....it takes time to work so be patient and just use it faithfully and don't scrubbbb....i find alot of the times scrubing actually aggravate the skin with more breakoutsss.............

on 11/6/2012 6:14:00 PM

Helps with breakouts and smells better, IMO, than the original Neutrogena body clear - itís my go-to body wash during the hotter months. Itís too stripping for me to use in the winter as my skin gets drier as I get older. It's just a body wash, not a leave-on product, so don't expect it to work miracles by itself.

on 9/11/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It's like I'm using nothing at all. I purchased this for my back and upper shoulder acne. I've been using it for three weeks and I have seen no improvement.

on 8/12/2012 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Works fabulous on body acne, but it can be a little drying on the skin so don't forget to moisturize afterwards.

on 8/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

I always passed by this in the store and never gave it a thought. I decided to buy after seeing a Neutrogena Summer display at Target. I started using this about 3 weeks ago and my skin (especially shoulders and upper arms) glow! More importantly, they are clear of any type of bump. I get small irritated bumps due to being in the sun and the humidity. The only con for me is the smell of it. I can smell the citrus but it is bitter. Overall, I would definitely add this to my summer/ warm weather shopping list.

on 6/30/2012 10:29:00 AM

I have picky skin, even on my body. I get breakout on my back and chest and have to be careful what bodywashes I use. This is one that I honestly like and can use regularly and it actually helps clear (it does take almost a full bottle to get the effects of the SA in it). This also helps to improve the condition of the KP bumps I get on my upper arms. Very fun fruitylicious fragrance. A great pick-me-up!