Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 7/18/2014 3:27:00 AM

I am on my third bottle of this I absolutely love this stuff!! I had the old version first and loved it, I thought it cleansed my oily t-zone without drying out my face. I found with this wash my pimples reduced dramatically! After I completely used up my first bottle I was determined to try out the newer one that claimed to foam up more and was in a hard plastic bottle. I expected great things from it but sadly I was disappointed. I didn't like this one as much as it didn't reduce my pimples at all and I feel it dried out my skin, I always had to moisturise after I used it as it made my skin feel extremely tight. After I finished up that bottle I went back to the old version and it was just as great as before. I also prefer the scent of this one. I would really recommend this for anyone who has combination skin as it makes your skin feel lovely and clean but dosen't dry out the rest of your skin.

I hope this review helped :)

on 7/11/2014 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I love this! I think it makes my skin feel fresh and more clear, even though I have good skin to begin with. I don't use it everyday, but a couple of times a week if I remember it. I wet my face a bit, then massage just a little bit of this starting from my nose and out onto my cheeks, chin and forehead. The only place where I get small pimples is on my forehead. I feel that when I use this it makes them go away a lot quicker!
I love the smell, it's very fresh and not too sweet or citrus-y, the pink color is cute. The only downside is that it leaves my skin feeling a little (very little) tight sometimes. But I don't find that to be an issue really. So I very much recommend this! But maybe don't use it twice everyday as the packaging says.

on 7/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

I think it's a mixed review. Some people hate it, some people love it. I think if you have really high hopes for something obviously you're going to get disappointed at least to some extent. I've been using this product on and off for about 7 years. I have really good skin except for the occasional pimple/irritated blackheads, but this helps tone down my oil production while keeping my pores clean enough. My biggest skin problem is blackheads, and using this once a day really helps. I try not to use it twice a day because I have sensitive/dry skin, and this product is stronger than normal. I love using it in the morning because the beads and the grapefruit really do wake up my skin. I wouldnt recommend it for those who have sensitive skin or for those who are suffering from strong acne. My sister has acne problems and she doesnt like using this product since it tends to overdry her skin. But what can you do? I think its obligatory to put on lotion everyday, especially the ones with spf.
In all, its not the best face wash in the world but in my opinion, it's a pretty good staple to return to when all your other face washes you've tried have failed.

I can honestly say that I have near perfect skin. It gets oily if I've been out all day or I might get a blemish or two around that time of the month but other than that my face is usually clear. My friend told me this product was amazing and she swore by it so I decided I would try it. After the second time using it I noticed how dry my skin was. But I didn't think it was the wash. I've used it maybe 5 times now and my face from the eyes down. Is red, dry, cracking and has these little tiny bumps all over it. It is painful. It itches and looks horrible. I've tried a lot of different face washes and none have ever done anything like this to my skin. I would never use this again or recommend it to anyone I know!! It's horrible and a waste of money!

on 6/10/2014 11:43:00 PM

I've been using this face wash for more than four years... I have an extremely oily face and this has always counteracted that. I also have very clear skin, and when I do breakout this has always helped dry up my zits. I've never had the itchy redness and cracking everyone else is talking about. I do recall it making the bottom half of my face a little dry during the winter months--but I also think that could be attributed to the weather. Any other cleanser I've tried samples of ended up making my skin oily and inducing breakouts. I've tried Dr. Brandt's and some cleanser made by Fresh. If your skin is oily and you don't have acne, this is what you should use. I don't think it's good for sensitive skin as it is very strong.

on 6/8/2014 10:38:00 PM

DO NOT buy this product! This product is garbage. I have really bad acne and I bought this because I heard so many good reviews on this in the magazine and online. I have tried the aloe soothing acne wash (green package) and I really liked that one. I decided to get this one to try it out. I had really high hope on it. After two or three days trying it, my face became BURNING RED. My cheeks, and forehead got red and peeling and so so dry. I stopped using it and it took about 3 weeks to get my skin back to normal. The only good thing about this product is that it smells amazing. Other than that, please don't buy this junk.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Don't buy this prouduct you will have very dry skin and have an allergic reaction I would give this prouduct zero but I have to give it at least one

on 6/1/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I first bought this product when I was pregnant with my first child. I guess because of all the hormones pregnancy brings along, my face broke out pretty bad and stayed oily 24/7. So, my sister recommended this product and I'd have to say, I LOVE IT!!! It cleared everything up pretty quickly and helped control my excessive oil. This stuff WILL dry out your skin a little if you use it everyday, so I'd recommend using an oil free moisturizer along with it. My favorite, and the one I'm still using today, is dermaDoctor's Tease Zone. It also mattifies your skin and helps to keep it smooth all day long. I would highly recommend this as a daily remedy for acne prone or even oily skin, but don't forget to moisturize or this product CAN dry your face out. There's also a pink grapefruit body scrub by Neutrogena that works really well too!!!

Do not buy this product. Your face will have an allergic reaction. It will take 1-2 weeks or more to clear up. Had to use a baby wash and Vaseline lotion just to soothe my face. Do not use it. It smells really great, that's the only plus about it.

on 4/26/2014 4:01:00 AM

I created an account JUST to leave a review on this product. Some ppl love this some ppl hate it. I happen to detest this product. I didnt necessarily have flawless skin before using this but I was pretty close to it after years of battling acne in my pubescent ages. Now, as a grown woman, having pimples is the LAST thing I need stressing me out (on top of career, family, education, finances etc) and extra stress is exactly what this product has caused. I'm embarrassed by the small, painful comedones that have emerged all over my face and enraged that my complexion is temporarily ruined. My face is severely dry and even peeling now!This product was a waste of my 9 bucks. I do not recommend it. Thanks for nothing neutrogena. I'll be going back to cetaphil.