December 19, 2014 | 860 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the grapefruit scent but sadly this made my combination skin very tight and angry. The texture of the scrub is nice, scrubby but not scratchy. Initially the glycerin left my skin feeling pretty decent. A little later, my face was stingy and tight and stayed uncomfortable for hours. I didn't get any shine - not even on my nose - all day. I've never looked so crepe-y and dry under my moisturizer and makeup. Pass

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this scrub very much and I think this product is the reason my skin stays under control.

I have originally very dry and sensitive skin, but I stopped taking the contraceptive pills six months ago and since that my skin has become horrible. It´s oily and I have so much blemishes and impurities that you could actually call it acne. I´m 26 years old and my skin looks like teenage skin. So, the reason to my acne is hormonal and the doctor said that all I can do is to wait my hormonal balance to get normal.

Well, I just can´t sit and wait to my skin to get better, so I´ve been trying a lot of different cleansers and creams during the last months (very expensive ones too). This one has become my favourite, because it seems to keep most of the pimples away. I use it every morning and evening and follow with the pink grapefuit moisturizing lotion, and my skin is almost in balance. This cleanser is not very drying, but at least my skin needs moisturizer afterwards.

I don´t like the package, it´s cheap looking and pink (I don´t like pink). I´m not a fan of the smell either (too strong), or the brand Neutrogena. Still, it´s the best product for me at the moment. So if you are suffering hormonal (adult) acne, give this product a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by polkadots1019

I really like this face wash. It does not make me break out and it makes my skin really soft. It does dry my skin out a little and I have oily skin, but thats nothing a little moisturizer doesn't fix. I prefer to use this more at night to get rid of the oils that have built up throughout the day. I think it works well in taking off my make up too. I don't wear a lot of make up, so that could be why. I am on my second tube of this and I will continue to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wimmie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first it seemed like it worked well , but then it started to leave my skin very dry I would have to apply load of lotion to get rid of the dryness .It did clear my breakouts but it doesn't prevent more from coming , I still buy it though just to clear my breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm somewhat obsessed with this scrub. I've been using it for about 4 years and it still works great for me. I really enjoy the fresh grapefruit scent and find that the consistency is perfect because it has the exfoliating beads but they aren't so abrasive that they irritate my sensitive skin. I actually really recommend using this on your body as well as your face. I occasionally get a pimple on my chest or back and I find that this has really reduced that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally, I bought this as an acne product, it didn't do zilch and made my skin really dry. I was reading up on sweat and other things when I realized that I could use it as an odor ridder. Sweat doesn't smell by itself, only when there's bacteria. As an acne cleanser, it's job is to get rid of bacteria. I decided to give it a try when I took my next shower. I rubbed a little under my arms and waited 2 minutes before washing it off. Viola! The smell was gone! Usually when I take a shower it's very difficult to get rid of the sweat smell. The odor level was neutral. I was able to put my scented body wash and actually smell it. That day, after working out I smelled a quarter as bad as I usually do. I now use this every shower, and the results are still there. I'll be continuing to use this for odor problems (not acne).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by gemwils

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been going through a really horrible skin stage when i bought this face wash and hoped it would clear up the acne i had, the price was also very reasonable which persuaded me to buy it and it also contains several acne fighting chemicals such as salicylic acid which i hoped would work wonders. The face wash has a strong grapefruit smell that can be unpleasant after a while, but the product is called 'grapefruit scrub' so i cant complain too much. After first use, my skin felt very dry, tight and itchy and i immediately had to soak my face in moisturiser. This happened the first 2/3 weeks i used the scrub until i guess my face just got used to it. The scrub lathers easily and makes your face feel clean, although i have still found traces of makeup left when i swipe my face with a face wipe after washing my face. If you have oily skin then i would probably recommend you buy this scrub as it will soak up any extra oil on your face, however, the scrub did not do any favours for me as it did not clear up my acne at all and just gave me dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had the same reaction as a lot of the other people on here with this face wash. I am surprised that a Neutrogena face wash caused such a bad reaction on my skin since I've never had a problem with their products.

I loved the smell and the feel of the face wash, but after a few days, my face started turning red and itchy. Instead of being soft but oily, my skin turned flaky, patchy and dry.

It took almost 2 weeks to get my skin back to normal. I would not recommend this cleanser to anyone, because my face isn't really sensitive, and this stuff seems to cause reactions in a lot of people.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by binaural24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beware if you have sensitive skin.

This gave me a very painful, severely inflamed rash all over my face that took ten days to start going down; and then a couple more weeks for the redness to fully disappear. I had to go to the doctor and she told me to treat it with aloe vera, aquaphor, and some kind of antihistamine for the itching. Just passing this info along for anyone else who has the same reaction. (I actually ended up treating it with a combination of hydrocortisone, a zinc oxide product, and aquaphor. I also took Motrin for the inflammation.) I have never had a reaction like this to any other acne wash, including other Neutrogena washes. It was so painful that I could not sleep.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by tr404924

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible face wash. I used to use this back at home (I'm from the Caribbean) and it was fine but I go to uni in Canada and decided to use it over here. Worst mistake ever. Not sure if it's because my face is pretty dry over here but this face wash dried the hell out of my face and broke me out. I don't have a problem with acne but this messed up my face. Now I've got itchy bumps. When I run my hand over my face it feels bumpy. Before this my face was smooth. Screw you neutrogena. Never buying again.