October 26, 2014 | 1303 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by polkadots1019

I really like this face wash. It does not make me break out and it makes my skin really soft. It does dry my skin out a little and I have oily skin, but thats nothing a little moisturizer doesn't fix. I prefer to use this more at night to get rid of the oils that have built up throughout the day. I think it works well in taking off my make up too. I don't wear a lot of make up, so that could be why. I am on my second tube of this and I will continue to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wimmie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first it seemed like it worked well , but then it started to leave my skin very dry I would have to apply load of lotion to get rid of the dryness .It did clear my breakouts but it doesn't prevent more from coming , I still buy it though just to clear my breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm somewhat obsessed with this scrub. I've been using it for about 4 years and it still works great for me. I really enjoy the fresh grapefruit scent and find that the consistency is perfect because it has the exfoliating beads but they aren't so abrasive that they irritate my sensitive skin. I actually really recommend using this on your body as well as your face. I occasionally get a pimple on my chest or back and I find that this has really reduced that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally, I bought this as an acne product, it didn't do zilch and made my skin really dry. I was reading up on sweat and other things when I realized that I could use it as an odor ridder. Sweat doesn't smell by itself, only when there's bacteria. As an acne cleanser, it's job is to get rid of bacteria. I decided to give it a try when I took my next shower. I rubbed a little under my arms and waited 2 minutes before washing it off. Viola! The smell was gone! Usually when I take a shower it's very difficult to get rid of the sweat smell. The odor level was neutral. I was able to put my scented body wash and actually smell it. That day, after working out I smelled a quarter as bad as I usually do. I now use this every shower, and the results are still there. I'll be continuing to use this for odor problems (not acne).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by gemwils

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been going through a really horrible skin stage when i bought this face wash and hoped it would clear up the acne i had, the price was also very reasonable which persuaded me to buy it and it also contains several acne fighting chemicals such as salicylic acid which i hoped would work wonders. The face wash has a strong grapefruit smell that can be unpleasant after a while, but the product is called 'grapefruit scrub' so i cant complain too much. After first use, my skin felt very dry, tight and itchy and i immediately had to soak my face in moisturiser. This happened the first 2/3 weeks i used the scrub until i guess my face just got used to it. The scrub lathers easily and makes your face feel clean, although i have still found traces of makeup left when i swipe my face with a face wipe after washing my face. If you have oily skin then i would probably recommend you buy this scrub as it will soak up any extra oil on your face, however, the scrub did not do any favours for me as it did not clear up my acne at all and just gave me dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had the same reaction as a lot of the other people on here with this face wash. I am surprised that a Neutrogena face wash caused such a bad reaction on my skin since I've never had a problem with their products.

I loved the smell and the feel of the face wash, but after a few days, my face started turning red and itchy. Instead of being soft but oily, my skin turned flaky, patchy and dry.

It took almost 2 weeks to get my skin back to normal. I would not recommend this cleanser to anyone, because my face isn't really sensitive, and this stuff seems to cause reactions in a lot of people.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by binaural24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beware if you have sensitive skin.

This gave me a very painful, severely inflamed rash all over my face that took ten days to start going down; and then a couple more weeks for the redness to fully disappear. I had to go to the doctor and she told me to treat it with aloe vera, aquaphor, and some kind of antihistamine for the itching. Just passing this info along for anyone else who has the same reaction. (I actually ended up treating it with a combination of hydrocortisone, a zinc oxide product, and aquaphor. I also took Motrin for the inflammation.) I have never had a reaction like this to any other acne wash, including other Neutrogena washes. It was so painful that I could not sleep.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by tr404924

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible face wash. I used to use this back at home (I'm from the Caribbean) and it was fine but I go to uni in Canada and decided to use it over here. Worst mistake ever. Not sure if it's because my face is pretty dry over here but this face wash dried the hell out of my face and broke me out. I don't have a problem with acne but this messed up my face. Now I've got itchy bumps. When I run my hand over my face it feels bumpy. Before this my face was smooth. Screw you neutrogena. Never buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Carla1346

AMAIZNG!!! This cleared my acne I used this for a week and saw AMAIZNG results the exfoliating beads made my skin smooth beyond compare!! I love the smell this has but I felt as though my skin was cleaner aswell!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ash3654

I bought this product mainly because of how amazing it smells...as for how well it works on my skin....it was pretty average. It started out working really well and I was happy with the results. But lately, my skin has been getting really dry and flaky and I'm pretty sure it's because of this product. I tend to break out only on my cheeks about once a month and this scrub does help treat acne AFTER it pops up. it does nothing to prevent it from popping up :(