December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by osumom

Fabulous neutral color - not too grey, not too pink, not too light. This is my go to color for any occasion!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried almost every brand of nail polish out there and have found I can only rely on 3 brands of polish: OPI, China Glaze, and Venique. So many "expensive" brands are absolute crap, I've had dollar store brands that apply nicer and last longer. I have a major nail polish problem, I'm talking 150+ polishes ( even carry a list to avoid doubles). This color is absolutely amazing. It is a perfect nude polish. Looks great on many skin tones. It leaves the nails looking so polished and chic. I've had many people comment on how glamorous the subtle color is. This is a shade that should be in every collection

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Brightji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Needs 3 coats to be fully opaque, but dries extremely slowly and constantly wrinkles underneath my quick dry topcoat, even after quite a bit of drying on its own. The colour is coolish mauvey neutral. Not worth the trouble, just redid my nails for the 3rd time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Seyb3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely, non-shimmery nude and the colour is great as you can have nice looking nails without it being too noticeable - perfect for work! Only problem was I found it took a loong time to dry :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A wonderful all-purpose, non-shimmery nude that works perfectly for every occasion. I have longish nails and work in a very professional enviroment. This is just wonderful. Feminine, not loud. I am quite fair and this works wonderfully on me. The color is a little darker than my nail bed, but it's pretty sheer, so it blends right in with my fingers if I'm wearing just on coat. My mom has beautiful hands and in th 70s and 80s she wore a color just like this. I always admired her neutral nails and I've been searching in vain for the perfect nude of my own. I think the search is over. I have over 20 nude nailpolishes in my collection, and this is my favorite without shimmer/glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this neutral shade!!! It's so hard to find a nude shade that isn't too pale or too peachy. My manicurist told me to try it. In the bottle it looked like a purple / grey color that I thought would look terrible on me. It actually blends right in with my skin, making my fingers appear longer (my skin tone is fair-medium). If they ever discontinue this color, I will start hoarding it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this nude color. It's extremely professional and works well with dealing with seniors. However, underneath there is the reminder that it was the runway signature color that year and the twinge of brown in encouraging.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

This polish underscores what I already knew -- that "nude" or "natural" (polishes, lipsticks) are usually the hardest to come by. I had high hopes for this since it seems to work on so many different skin tone. The color of the polish is about half a shade darker than my nail bed -- so you'd think that it would give me natural/polished looking hands. Instead, I now understand what people mean by "dirty hands". One coat is not great, but not terrible, but two makes my hands look... dirty? aged? Formula is OK only, a bit stringy in my opinion. Not sure if this will help anyone, but the nude/neutral polishes that work on me are: Zoya Cho and Orly Pure Porcelain (two pretty different polishes, one pulling pink and other pulling yellow). I've found good use for this though -- I use it in addition to a base coat whenever I use dark nail polishes, or really, just about anything other than very sheer or light polishes, to prevent staining. Seems to work. Wouldn't repurchase though.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by liews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So many people already described the shade, so i'm not gonna bother going into that as i am pretty bad at it anyway.

I also own 'Barefoot in Barcelona', and Tickle my France-y is imo, just a shade lighter than it, so i was kinda bummed that i bought two polishes of almost the same shade. (Btw i bought from online with little research on the shade that's why)

However, Tickle my France-y suited my light skin tone so much more than Barefoot in Barcelona did, so it wasn't so bad.

Formula is, imo, quite watery. When i used it for the first time it actually dripped from half of the applicator while i was applying it onto my nail. Could be have been my fault for not realising that it was dripping but i have never encountered problems like that before.

Overall its a pretty shade and would always wear it on days i don't know what i want on my nails. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is the ugliest color. I can't believe this is in the "top 10" OPI set. Luckily, I didn't buy the full bottle, I only used the mini that came in the multipack. Did I get a bum bottle? Maybe. But it looked like I was a dead corpse that had just been embalmed. It might look ok on someone with very, very dark skin. But probably not. Gross!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No