April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Polishes - OPI - Tickle my France-y

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck, yuck, yuck. This is the ugliest color. I can't believe this is in the "top 10" OPI set. Luckily, I didn't buy the full bottle, I only used the mini that came in the multipack. Did I get a bum bottle? Maybe. But it looked like I was a dead corpse that had just been embalmed. It might look ok on someone with very, very dark skin. But probably not. Gross!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

I agree with the review below about how the lighting affects this color. I'm very fair and it's not a nude shade for me. I like it more when it's bright daylight because it looks more mauve, indoors it's more brownish which is not my fave.
It's a unique one nevertheless. Got two compliments the first time I wore it.
I believe three coats are best but you can get away with two as well. The brush and the formula are great as always!

Update after almost a year: up to 5 lipsticks an would repurchase. This shade has really grown on me. It's just too elegant and unique to ignore. On top of that I'm a red or nude nail polish kind of girl and EVERYONE - strangers, family, boyfriend, all of my friends repeatedly - keeps noticing and complementing this particular shade. I never knew a nail polish can draw that many comliments.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

The lighting really affects what this color looks like. It can look like a light mocha color, a cool toned dusty pink, or a brownish / grayish lilac. Surprisingly, the color always looks good with my skintone no matter the lighting. I own both Tickle My France-y and Dulce de Leche, and I find that TMF looks better on me than Dulce de Leche. The skin on my hands sometimes get reddish, and Dulce de Leche doesn't go well with that. I'm Asian with medium-light skin.
As for the formula, I get satisfactory coverage with 2 coats. There is a bit of VNL if you look really hard, but it is not very obvious at all. I used TMF right after taking off some dark polish that left my nails a bit stained. Unfortunately, TMF is not completely opaque and some discoloration showed through. Thus I would recommend a white base coat if your nails are super stained. I had thought streaking would be a problem since the first coat looked really thin, but it wasn't. Both the color and the formula was quite good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Nessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fave nude nail shade.I Always gets compliments when I wear this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this shade in a set of 10 of OPI's most popular colors. There were other, more "ballet slipper" pinks, and more grey-nudes and I this one fell under my radar for a while. It didn't look too exciting in the bottle. I finally used it and it's really one of the most flattering neutral nail shades I've ever tried! I ordered the full sized immediately. I have very fair, cool skin and the polish shows up as a combo of a little pink, a little nude and a little mauve. It also has a nice opacity, which can be hard to fin with light, neutral shades. It may not be the most exciting shade, but I'd say this is a must have for everyone's polish collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by baggravation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this colour on my finger nails. It is more of a darker nude colour. It comes off as a light grayish mauve (also looks like there may be hints of pink). This polish has a nice sheen when it's dry with no glitter. It's pretty much a solid glossy colour. I think this colour is better suited for people with medium-dark skin tone. If you have a lighter skin tone I don't think this colour would work as a nude (it would come off as a much darker colour). Overall, I'm very impressed with this colour. It's one of those colour that doesn't show chips so you can get away with wearing it for a long time. It is a VERY thin formula so you do need at least 3 coats for an opaque finish. With 1 coat, you can't really tell that you have anything on your nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG nude. I cannot praise this color enough. It's the perfect nude color! I have my cosmo license so I pay $4.25 for OPI, but even if I had to pay full price I'd buy this over and over again. For reference, I'm a MAC NW20. I get compliments constantly!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hm, I wanted to like this but I don't. This color looks really lovely in the bottle, but on my hands it has that rotten, goulish touch so many shades of that sort have and I really don't like that. I guess this color is very nice for darker skin, but with pale hands it just looks like out of the grave.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was late to the party on this one but I am glad I lemmed it eventually. Perfect neutral/subtle color with a slight edge, this polish sometimes look pink, sometimes grey, sometimes brown, but always elegant. Work appropriate and lady-like without being too pink and boring. I especially liked this polish after konading white lace on top of it.

Although my skin is much too pale to consider this a nude color, it is my go-to sublet/nude shade when I want some color on my nails but need to have them blend in a more conservative environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've long been a fan of OPI for its quality, wear and colour range. I wasn't disappointed when I found this pink-undertones nude. It's a perfect transition colour for this time of year. It applies smoothly and stays true to the bottle (I find that this is sometimes a challenge with nudes) and I've been wearing it for 5 days so far without any tip wear (generally I find OPI lasts about 7 days for me without chipping, that's with a base coat and doing a fair amount of regular housework). If youre searching for a neutral, you won't be disappointed with this feminine nude for the fall.