November 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Glamour Check!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! Passed it up when it was in the stores but LUCKILY I found it at a CCO and got it! I buy just about anything I see when I am at a CCO! HAHA! But so glad I did!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This color is very similiar to MAC's twinks. Twinks has more of a purple undertone with shimmer and this is a dark reddish brown with shimmer. It's starflash texture is so buttery and easily blendable. However....I used sable all over the lid with this is the crease and I could see almost no difference(granted they are both browns but with different formulations). I was somewhat bummed. I am not quite sure if I will keep this or not but if given the chance I probably would not re-purchase since I prefer twinks over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Glamour Check! is a beautiful deep reddish brown color. I applied it over TFSI and I'm NC-45 so maybe that's why I see more of a burgundy shimmer. It goes on silky smooth. I lightly swiped my brush over the top and the small amount of color left my lids very pigmented. I wore NYC Smokey Topaz in the crease and MAC Honey Lust lightly applied on the browbone. Love, Love, Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite e/s from MAC (well crease color)! When I first got it, I thought it might be a little too dark for me, but it blends out beautifully. On me if I blend it a lot, it looks like a gorgeous warm gold/bronze color. If I don't blend too much, it kinda looks like a beautiful almost chestnut color with gold flecks in it. This in the crease paired with Era on the lid have been my everyday look for school for the past 2 months. I am an NC 40 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by SuZp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whoa! I JUST got this color for a B2M...I wanted to get something LE but had just missed all the Smoke and Diamonds and Style Snob hoopla by waiting too long ;( Soooo, the MA took out Grand Entrance, Dreammaker, a light pink one, a light blue one and Glamour Check! I was going to go with the light blue color bc I already have Grand Entrance but I was steered towards Glamour Check by the MA. I thought it would be waaaay too warm on me (NC25) but it wasn't! I barely tapped my brush into this color and swiped it into my crease and it went on SOOOOO pigmented and SOOOOO blendable and smooth......I LOVE this. I wish all of my eyeshadows were like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by thebeautyjunkee

I love this eyeshadow! This is infact, my most favorite eyeshadow among all my mac eyeshadows. Not to mention it's also my first MAC item. :D

I love that it's in the Starflash formulation. It glides on easily because it has a lovely buttery texture, gives a good amount of pigmentation when applied and it doesn't look too flat, unlike the matte variants because the slight glimmer in the eyeshadow gives the brown color a bit of dimension.

I'm have tanned skin, NC42 is my best match. I am from a Filipino-Italian-Spanish descent. I have dark brown eyes. I just love how this eyeshadow is perfect from neutral looks to dramatic terracotta eye make- up looks.

I'd gladly repurchase this again but then again, I'm not the type who would buy back- ups. I'd love to try other formulations as well after I empty this one. I don't wear eyeshadows that often so I think this is going to be with me for a loong time. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this colour! I have had it for a few weeks and use it mainly as an all over colour (I am NC40). I have green eyes and it REALLY makes the green stand out. Can be used for a crease colour as well but I love it as an all over colour with a dark brown/black on the outer v.

Gorgeous finish to it with a lovely texture and finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

Great color. I got this based on a review after looking for Twinks. I was able to get Glamourcheck! cheaper on ebay. Sad it is LE though :(

This is deep, warm brown very similar to MAC Twinks, but it has more of a burgandy shimmer than a purple one. The texture is super smooth and creamy. I use this often with Expensive Pink-FABULOUS!

I reach for it often, finding it a great crease color. When it runs out I guess I'll have to switch to Twinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful color that can be used as a shadow on the lid or used as a crease color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is a little too bold for my taste. It is a beautiful color, but I wouldn't use this as an all over the lid color. For some reason, it makes me kinda look dirty, or just plain tacky. It is a pretty color, don't get me wrong. But I think it would go great with some dazzlelight or maybe a light pink.