December 18, 2014 | 1802 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Anti-Shine Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mas1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm always searching for a good primer and this is just slightly better than ok. The SA recommended it to me when I complained about the price of Smashbox primer. It works fairly well, but it makes my clinique foundation really hard to blend. Still need to blot frequently throughout the day. When I'm done with this tube, I'm probably going to go back to Smashbox Light. It's twice the price of the Sephora brand, but it works better and my skin looks better with the Smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I sample this primer. I like it very much. It is effective. I moisturize my skin. Dap & quickly blend the primer with soft strokes. If u blend in like it's a moisturizer, u will dry out ur skin. My makeup looks flawless. I use with MAC studio fix. I always get compliments on my skin. I tried Smashbox & MAC primer. The are very expensive for a small tube. Sephora is under $20, more product, & it works to keep the oil at bay.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by augustclems

This thing balls up and chunks up my make up. I've tried waiting 10 minutes after applying the primer to apply my make up, and I get the same results. Mattifying-wise, I think it does a good job when I use it after my moisturizer and do not wear make up that day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by x0xhannax3

worked really well with controlling my oil but sometimes it blotched my makeup and made it hard to blend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've used so I don't want to be too generous or too harsh. But I *do* think this is a good starter primer for people like me - there's no bells and whistles, just some concoction that makes your makeup stay in place longer than it normally would. Basically on a hot, humid day, when I wear this primer my foundation stays put longer than it normally would - it's not flawless by the time I get home but it's still there. I'm not impressed in terms of shine control, my nose still gets oily. In terms of application, I don't slather it all over my face, just apply it with a sponge to my t-zone and the enlarged pores on my cheeks. I might also advise that less is more - just a few dabs is enough to hold the makeup. It doesn't give me zits out but now that I'm running low, I'm excited to take a break from it to determine if it's the cause of the blocked pores I have. I think I bought my one ounce tube back in February and I use it maybe 4-5 times a week so it lasts relatively well. In short, this basically does its job; the only reason I'm giving it three stars is because it doesn't do for my face makeup what my Paula Dorf primer does for my eye makeup. I'm still on the search for *that* product, but if it turns out that it doesn't exist, I'd consider re-buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

my skin is on the normal/dry side. not really too oily but i find that this makes my foundation go on a lot smoother and helps with some pores that have gotten bigger in the last few years. I think this makes my foundation stay a little longer on my tzone but can't really tell on my cheeks. i really like the texture of this primer as well. it doesn't feel as silicone-y as a lot of the other primers on the market and then the ones that don't have as much silicone or the feel of a lot silicone are pretty pricey. this retails for $18 USD and is on the less expensive side of the primer spectrum. though i'm not particularly acne prone i do get breakouts from certain products and find that this does not cause any breakouts. overall a great product in my opinion that does what i need it to do for a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by bjdp55

I will not go a day without this primer.
I bought this around 7 months ago for my oily forehead, and it works like a charm. Put it on wherever you get oily, and it will just soak it up throughout the day. I still do get a little oily on my forehead, but definitely not as much as i would without this primer. Love this.
The great thing is that I'm still using the same tube I bought 7 months ago, I still have lots left, and it's a very cheap buy.
will be repurchasing and repurchasing and repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer about 2 months ago and it's time to do a review!
I have a pretty oily t-zone so I've been looking for a primer to help with this for a long time. I've used the laura mercier mineral primer or the oil free primer (can't remember which...) and I thought it was ok. It mattified my skin for a decent amount of time and it kept my makeup well enough, but it wasn't fantastic. I would have bought it again if it weren't for the price!
I went to sephora a few weeks later and bought this sephora brand primer mostly because of how cheap it was compared to most primers and I knew I could just return it if I didn't like it, but it worked so well! Like some of the reviews say, it makes foundation over top look a little streaky, but I've found that if I mix a bit of the primer with some of my light gel moisturizer it works nicely with foundation! I then add a bit of the pure primer on my t-zone just because it gets very oily. I used to have to blot my face after just a few hours of wearing makeup, but now I can go almost 6 hours without touch ups! I have found that it is working less well as the hot weather of summer approaches, so that's why I won't give it 5 stars....but I will definitely be repurchasing!! :)
EDIT**
so I still use this primer every day, but it seems to work less well with every passing week...this is the first time in almost half a year that I've had to blot my face after only 4-5 hours of applying makeup, when a few months ago I could get away with 8 hours of no touch ups! Now if I wait 8 hours, I have to use 2 blotting papers to get all the oil from my face! not sure what's going on, maybe the dryness of fall/winter is makeing my skin produce more oil, maybe it's just naturally changing hormones, whatever it is, it sucks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pretty good primer for the price, can't beat it at $18. My face felt tight and oil-free for about 4ish hours, which is the same as many high-end primers (though UD's Pore Perfecting primer only lasted one on me). There's a slight cooling feeling upon initial application with no stickiness, though I agree with others that you need to give it time to sink in. I only give it 3 lippies because even though scent is typically not a dealbreaker for me in products, this primer had an acrid scent, like gasoline or walking into a cheap nail salon, and it wouldn't go away. If you can tolerate the scent I say go for it, it IS a great deal, but my sensitive nose can't handle it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really like this primer. I put it on and found that my makeup stayed fresh looking much longer and my skin wasn't super oily looking mid-day like it usually is.

Would definitely buy again!