September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by fritbb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it. The texture is creamy/liquidy, so you've got to have a foundation with a similar consistence too, I think. Overall, it's a great product, doesn't break me out. You've got to let it sink into the skin for 5 or more minutes though, or else it will transfer to your clothes...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Beffie

Love this product! I have never been an avid user of Avon products - in fact I've turned my nose up at Avon products in the past. As far as primers go, I've tried a few other brands: MUFE, DHC, and Smashbox, but have not had results like I have with Avon MagiX Face Perfector. I am turning 50 next week and primer is now pretty much a MUST for my skin; it's good skin, just needs a little help. Avon's primer is perfect. Totally not what I expected! Just a dab about the size of a black-eyed pea is enough for my whole face. It leaves my skin soooo soft and ready for make-up. I've even found that on days when I skip foundation and just wear blush my skin still looks great - all thanks to Avon MagiX. I highly recommend this high quality, low cost product! Way to go, Avon!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So I wanted to write a review for this product the day after I used it, but I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to learn about it's full ability to protect and keep my skin looking smooth. When I first used it, I thought that the texture of the "liquid" or "cream" was very odd... This product is not wet like the primer I'm used to, which is Urban Decay's Complexion Primer. When you roll it around in your fingers it get powdery and it disappears into a slick film on your fingers. I suppose this is the "MAGIC" in the "MagiX" part of this product. At first, I doubted it's ability to really glide on my skin, so I used A LOT the first time. TOTAL mistake. I must note that the first time you open it, there is a bunch of oil that collects at the bottom of the tube. I almost believed that that was the primer! OIL? I was horrified. Dispose and dismiss this substance. I mixed in this oil with my first application. I broke out on parts of my face that isn't the NORMAL part I would breakout. I almost gave up on it, but I am extremely picky about wasting money. So I used it again the next time. This time, I used a little less. It worked wonderfully! However, the true extent of it's effectiveness can be tested in harsher conditions. I am an Import Model and yesterday I had to work at a car show. I was walking around outdoors all day. The beaming sun can make someone quite uncomfortable, as I had to worry about the amount of sweat dripping on my face. Throughout the entire day my liquid foundation (I use MAC Liquid Fix) stayed on and the only "touch-ups" were to add powder my nose. I must say, however, that it didn't stay as smooth on my face near the end of my 8-hour day as my more pricey Urban Decay brand, but it held up to my expectations for most of the day. I'm really glad I bought the primer. I will not say I'm in love. I can definitely buy this again, but I will continue on my search for a new and cost-efficient primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good silicone-based primer if you like primers. It provides a smooth base for foundation. It didn't break me out, but I didn't find a difference in foundation wear with using it or my regular moisturizer with sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jorates

This is a great primer after all. It is not greasy, not drying, does the job very well -although there are better ones for vanishing pores, I feel they end up giving a tightness feeling in colder months. And it claims to have spf 20! All this for a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Sparklypinkgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer. It makes your skin look smooth and radiant with or without foundation on. It does help control oil and helps makeup stay on longer. I definitely would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this primer so much!! It makes my foundation stay on sooo much longer (around 5 hours longer) which is seriously amazing!! My skin is very oily and this helps so much, the smell is a bit unusual, not perfumed bit kindof like a general primer smell I suppose. It goes on smoothly, fills my pores so they are practically invisible with my foundation on top, and doesn't have that silicone feel to it so it doesn't make my skin even oilier! And the price is amazing for the product (£7-£10)I HIGHLY recommend this primer!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

On my third tube of Avon's Magix face perfector.

Pros:
Tube lets you control amount of product easily.
Decent amount of product for price.
Doesn't have an offensive smell/texture.
Blends well and feels light on the skin.
Helps to cover shine and minimize pores on chin, nose, etc.
SPF 20.
Colourless.
The expiry date is 24 months which is a lot longer than it'd take to use it.

Cons:
Could have had more staying power for makeup especially eyeshadows.

Overall good product for the price and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I have used many high end primers, this one definitely compares to them. It's very light weight and doesn't clog my pores. It holds my foundation on for my 8 hr work days. Also, it doesn't break me out like some other primers have in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by LadyD1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge frequent consumer of Avon products...this is an item that I tend to purchase in multiples when they go on sale. I bought a tube when it first came out although I was very skeptical about it working. I cleansed my face, applied the Magix and then full makeup (just to test it out at home). I cooked, cleaned and even took a nap...when I woke up, my makeup still looked just as fresh as it did when I initially applied it and there was NO SHINE! It should be called Miracle instead of Magix. I have very oily skin and shine will gleam through my makeup before I can get out of the house good, so this is an amazing product. I have 5+ tubes right now, my 16yr. old daughter fell in love with it after I used on her one time so I purch. in multiples for both of us.