Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 4/3/2013 9:11:00 PM

Love this primer. I usually wear it under my foundation but sometimes I like to wear it alone because it smooths out the fine lines on my forehead and has visibally reduced the size of my pores. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good, reasonably priced primer.

on 4/3/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am in love with the illuminating perfector. It makes my skin look great, but it doesn't really last. I decided to try this one because it was I sale for $9.99. It smells good. It's an interesting consistency too. It's like gel-powder. I was hesitant of this. I applied it and it felt like a dream. My foundation went on nice as well. I only got slightly shined after running around all day shopping and taking my daughter to and from school. (On foot) this does the job. It's better than any other primer type product I've tried. I recommend this for the price too. I love Avon though! I own pretty much everything from them. :)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Ugh! I think I've used this Maybe 2x & after the 1st had to force myself to try it again. I got this after seeing a YT guru,Woc use it & say how much she liked it. It's suppose to be a cream to powder primer,but idk what the consitsy it is. Like a dry,cream..but not gel. It felt gritty ¬ at all smooth going on. I have pretty good skin,but once on it seems dry in certain spots or made my skin appear that way. Like a had bad,dry areas or patches & looked ashy in certain spots. And yes,this was applied over mositurized skin,but I didn't find it "brown girl" or my skin friendly. So even though the Avon lady took a dollar or so off the price,I Will NOT be getting this again & will just pass it along.

on 3/24/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like it. The texture is creamy/liquidy, so you've got to have a foundation with a similar consistence too, I think. Overall, it's a great product, doesn't break me out. You've got to let it sink into the skin for 5 or more minutes though, or else it will transfer to your clothes...

on 3/20/2013 12:14:00 PM

Love this product! I have never been an avid user of Avon products - in fact I've turned my nose up at Avon products in the past. As far as primers go, I've tried a few other brands: MUFE, DHC, and Smashbox, but have not had results like I have with Avon MagiX Face Perfector. I am turning 50 next week and primer is now pretty much a MUST for my skin; it's good skin, just needs a little help. Avon's primer is perfect. Totally not what I expected! Just a dab about the size of a black-eyed pea is enough for my whole face. It leaves my skin soooo soft and ready for make-up. I've even found that on days when I skip foundation and just wear blush my skin still looks great - all thanks to Avon MagiX. I highly recommend this high quality, low cost product! Way to go, Avon!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I wanted to write a review for this product the day after I used it, but I'm glad I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to learn about it's full ability to protect and keep my skin looking smooth. When I first used it, I thought that the texture of the "liquid" or "cream" was very odd... This product is not wet like the primer I'm used to, which is Urban Decay's Complexion Primer. When you roll it around in your fingers it get powdery and it disappears into a slick film on your fingers. I suppose this is the "MAGIC" in the "MagiX" part of this product. At first, I doubted it's ability to really glide on my skin, so I used A LOT the first time. TOTAL mistake. I must note that the first time you open it, there is a bunch of oil that collects at the bottom of the tube. I almost believed that that was the primer! OIL? I was horrified. Dispose and dismiss this substance. I mixed in this oil with my first application. I broke out on parts of my face that isn't the NORMAL part I would breakout. I almost gave up on it, but I am extremely picky about wasting money. So I used it again the next time. This time, I used a little less. It worked wonderfully! However, the true extent of it's effectiveness can be tested in harsher conditions. I am an Import Model and yesterday I had to work at a car show. I was walking around outdoors all day. The beaming sun can make someone quite uncomfortable, as I had to worry about the amount of sweat dripping on my face. Throughout the entire day my liquid foundation (I use MAC Liquid Fix) stayed on and the only "touch-ups" were to add powder my nose. I must say, however, that it didn't stay as smooth on my face near the end of my 8-hour day as my more pricey Urban Decay brand, but it held up to my expectations for most of the day. I'm really glad I bought the primer. I will not say I'm in love. I can definitely buy this again, but I will continue on my search for a new and cost-efficient primer.

on 3/9/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a good silicone-based primer if you like primers. It provides a smooth base for foundation. It didn't break me out, but I didn't find a difference in foundation wear with using it or my regular moisturizer with sunscreen.

on 1/31/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great primer after all. It is not greasy, not drying, does the job very well -although there are better ones for vanishing pores, I feel they end up giving a tightness feeling in colder months. And it claims to have spf 20! All this for a bargain.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great primer. It makes your skin look smooth and radiant with or without foundation on. It does help control oil and helps makeup stay on longer. I definitely would recommend this product.

on 1/3/2013 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this primer so much!! It makes my foundation stay on sooo much longer (around 5 hours longer) which is seriously amazing!! My skin is very oily and this helps so much, the smell is a bit unusual, not perfumed bit kindof like a general primer smell I suppose. It goes on smoothly, fills my pores so they are practically invisible with my foundation on top, and doesn't have that silicone feel to it so it doesn't make my skin even oilier! And the price is amazing for the product (£7-£10)I HIGHLY recommend this primer!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors