September 1, 2014 | 1011 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't have the traditional siliconey powdery finish that most primers have. This feels more like a lightweight lotion. Also i find it to be more hydrating than oil absorbing. I dont think it does much for my foundation application and wearability of it and i dont notice any dramatic difference on my face, my face make up looks pretty much the same with or without this primer . Feels hydrating and nourishing on the skin but thats pretty all it does, I m gonna continue using it because as I said feels nice on the skin but im not gonna repurchase i dont think its performance justifies its price

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MUFE HD foundation so I thought I would give the primer a try. Luckily I got a sample because I was not impressed. It accentuated the fine lines around my eyes that arenít normally very visible as soon as applied MUFE full cover concealor over it. It also made applying concealor difficult and my finger was tugging the delicate skin around my eyes when usually their concealor glides on nicely. I stopped using it around my eyes but really want a primer that can be used with concealor. I didnít seem to have much setting power on the rest of my face or cut down on shine. I really couldnít tell the difference between using it or not. I also didnít like how strong the fragrance smelled and try to avoid fragrance due to having sensitive skin. I now use Estee Lauderís matte perfecting primer which is fragrance free and has antioxidants so itís beneficial for skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Kind of have a love hate relationship with this product! I love how it keeps my face looking flawless for the entire day but hate that texture and smell of it... I'm sensitive to fragranced products but this doesn't really break me out or anything but everytime I put it on I get scared because 'm sensitive to scents. Also the texture is no the usual primer texture... it's really watery which feels weird at first but it's really refreshing after like 20 seconds! So yeah if you don't have a problem with smells than I really highly recommend this for you because it's gorgeous ^_^

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently got this primer (0 neutral) along with the hd foundation (130). I had been using Smashbox primer, which is a cult classic for good reason. This primer however is more of a moisturizer. It's light, does not have that silicone feeling. It doesn't give the instant gratification people look for in a primer. However, it still pretty much does what it says it'll do. After using the hd foundation alone before using with the primer, the foundation separated on my nose even though it wasn't oily, and I found it made my face look oily after awhile, once I used the primer under (extra on t zone and nose) it improved the performance of the foundation. I'm a silicone primer girl, I'll probably switch back to Smashbox despite the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Got a generous sample from sephora yestday and tried it today.
Packaging is nice, comes In a clear pump bottle, prefer this to other squeeze tubes. Opaque white liquid that is semi-gel like. Easy to spread and only need a small amount. I forgot if there is a smell to the product, but I didn't detect any on my face. Does rub in abit 'wet' and takes a minute or two to dry. I used this over my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer this particular day.
Moderately priced, price point isn't such an issue compared to lancome, Dior etc
I rated this a two because the day I tried this, I put this primer all over my face and waited for it to dry. I didn't like having to wait for it to dry -my Napoleon perdis one dries quicker and doesn't still feel 'wet' when dried. Then I applied Estťe Lauder dwl (which when I wear just with a moisturizer, is a matte finish on my face) on left side of my face and waited three hours. I looked in the Mirror and I looked Dewy and fresh, like I'd sprayed fix+ on me. That's not good. Second, I rubbed the right side of my face, and weird rolly pieces of skin started to come off my cheek! They were skin colored! I don't know if it was exfoliating my face, or just a bad combination with my moisturizer, but i kept rubbing my whole side, and more and more kept coming off!
Then I washed my whole face, and started rubbing again and on the left side more rolly pieces of skin came off!
I would not purchase this because:
Feels wet when applied and takes a while to dry
Doesnt help with oil production and longevity of foundation, foundation looked dewy after three hours wear, very unusual
Made my face exfoliate itself, or reacted badly with my usual and very reliant moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jenners10111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this, I can see how it may not be worth the price because I believe you can get stuff for about as good for less money but with that said, I do like how this works. As it is winter still my skin is pretty dry and without a primer my makeup just doesnt sit as well and doesnt look as flawless. This helps bring moisture to my face and makes makeup look much better. I just use one pump all over my face and it sets in very quickly and I dont find it greasy at all (but as I said I have dry skin and this might not work for people with oily skin) For the price I will have to mark it down a bit

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ESykes138

Not a great primer. Very disappointed because I had heard great things about the brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by amvill77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the small tube of this product to try out and I'm glad I did. I really dislike it. I have oily and acne prone skin and this did nothing to help my foundation stay on or keep me from getting oily. It also broke me out. I will not be repurchasing this and will give this little tube to my mother who has dry, mature skin.