April 25, 2014 | 690 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - Lash Injection PinPoint

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a free sample from ULTA with the purchase of my Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

PROS
*good black pigmentation
*small brush is nice for lower lashes and inner lashes

CONS
*small brush is not good at disbursing product
*formula is too dry, i had to work really hard to get it from the base to ends of my lashes
*this flakes
*good black color, but it doesn't transfer well enough. I have blonde eyelashes and i could still see the blonde in small areas, so it pretty much looked like my eyelashes were invisible in spots and not in others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This came with a Sephora Lash Stash, otherwise I probably wouldn't have tried it. The brush is so tiny, and while it's good for getting corner and bottom lashes, it's not the most practical for someone with fairly thick and long lashes. (It takes some time to get them all with such a tiny tool.) As a mascara, it seems average to me. I haven't noticed much difference in this "tubing" formula and anything else I've tried. As I mentioned, the small brush is about the only thing that makes this stand out at all, and I wouldn't pay full price simply for the brush. Also, I haven't noticed this drying out much in the past few weeks, but I do think the smell is getting worse really fast. It definitely smells as if I need to throw it out, but I will probably use it just a bit longer before moving on to my other samples.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by amandaboop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This sucks!!! I got this as a sample from my 500 point thing at Sephora and I used it once and already I hate it. On the first coat I noticed that as I got to the tip of my lashes it sort of extended off my lashes in this weird goopy, stretchy, stringy thing. I then tried to put on a second coat to see if I could fix it, but it just made it worse!!! I am so glad I did'nt have to pay for this because I would have returned it. The only reason I gave it one lippy is because of the wand. I like how thin it is and if the product wasn't so crappy it would have been great. Never buying this!!! Oh and it also smells nasty!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The PinPoint is a tubing mascara, available in black and brown (both good deep colours). As allergy season is upon us, it was time to move back to tubing mascara, which is the best solution I've found to runny eyes. I bought it as my local Sephora was out of what I meant to buy (Clinique Lash Power) and I was in a hurry so didn't have time to try elsewhere. This might be one of these fortuitous accidents...

PRO #1: decent formula, not too thick, not too thin. Coats lashes well, leaving them defined but with more volume than other tubing mascaras I've used. Can be layered successfully: definitely better than Blinc/Kiss Me and Lash Power (the latter s layerable, but it's tricky). There is some scent--beeswax/honey, to my nose--but inoffensive, indeed pleasant, and disappears anyway. No irritation to report, and my eyes can be pretty irritable.

PRO #2: the brush. Wonderful brush. Short head, fine quite close-packed bristles. Great for getting down to the lash roots. Other good brushes out there: Lash Power (slightly longer head), there's a Clarins one (but the wand is way too long), Korres Abyssinia (disliked the formula): only the first of these is a tuber, though. I'd tried the other Lash Injection mascara before and disliked it precisely because of the giant brush; the PinPoint alternative is in a different league.

PRO #3: practicalities. PinPoint is easy to apply, easy to tidy up the odd teeny glob on lash-ends (sorry, I see these too clearly as short-sighted and fussy...), and next to no smearing on surrounding skin to tidy up. Easy to remove too: like other tubing mascaras, just use warm water and gentle pressure (pinch lashes between fingertips, in shower), plus oil on cotton pad to remove the rest (and other eye make-up).

PRO #4: like other tubing mascaras, lasts all day without running, flaking, or smearing. Can be worn overnight, still there the next day. I know you're not supposed to, but these things do happen. Note that I have drier skin, and no oily lid issues. That might change things.

PRO #5: the feel and finish on lashes is superb: soft, supple, light, feathery, fluffy. Feels like there's nothing there. With heavier mascaras, I can actually hear lashes click on my glasses. This is one of the lightest I've used.

PRO #6: good tube design, with a narrow aperture to remove excess product, a sort of compartment at the top of the tube. Tube closes well, with a convincing click. We'll see how well this lasts before drying out, that will be the next major test.

CON #1: not convinced at the tube-technique. Yes, this stuff comes off with warm water; but it also comes off with regular make-up remover (in my case, oil)--super easily. That isn't the case with other tubing mascaras I've used. Hence suspicious.

CON #2: some smudging and flaking in rain. Again, not the case with other tubers. But better staying power than regular mascara, I'll grant you that.

CON #3: Dry, dry, dry. Very soon. Making this a very bad deal.

I would buy it again, but in the tubing stakes, give me Clinique Lash Power instead any day: I may have cheated briefly, but I am not seduced, and the Power is a stayer. As it *is* a stayer: does a better job as a tubing mascara, and--bonus--happens to be cheaper.

PinPoint price: about CAD20.00. Which is not prohibitive, and I wear next to no makeup so it won't bankrupt me. In Sephora, online, and in some drugstores and boutiques here in Vancouver too. Cruelty-free. Does have parabens, worth knowing if you're avoiding them, also worth knowing if you're looking for them (I admit I do, in mascara).

INGREDIENTS: Fragrance, Water, Polyurethane-2 Beeswax, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, PEG-6 Beeswax, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Sorbitol, Diethylhexyl Sebacate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Laureth-2 Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, VP/Hexadecane Copolymer, Tocopherol, Polybutene, Dimethicone PEG-8 Polyacrylate, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Dipropylene Glycol, Laureth-23. May Contain: Iron Oxides (77491), Iron Oxides (77492), Iron Oxides (77499), Benzyl Alcohol, Iodopropynyl, Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Isopropylparaben.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the concept for this mascara and it does a good job of getting every one of my lower lashes but the smell is awful. That's the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lilly116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about two weeks, so if it dries up too quickly like some other reviewers complained about, I will update this review. I am being very careful to close it tightly. I have a huge problem with mascara smudging -- EVERYTHING smudges. I have been using Clarins Mascara Fix on everything, which works for me, but it's two steps, plus the Fix alone is $22. So I saw this 2 pack of Lash Injection regular plus the Pinpoint at Ulta for $29 so I thought I would give it a try and I love it!!! Two coats of the Pinpoint gives me nice length, definition and enough fullness for everyday. I tried layering as the box suggests, using one coat of Pinpoint first, then once coat of the regular. While this gives more fullness (applying it more to the outer lashes so they fan), the regular formula seems to flake on me whereas Pinpoint alone does not. I also do not like the huge brush on the regular -- this thin brush coats better and is easier to maneuver, getting all your lashes coated. It is less prone to clumping because of the brush, but I have to apply very quickly though -- first one side, then the other then repeat, since if it clumps at all, I have to comb it while wet or it's impossible because once the tubes form, you will pull them off with a brush (even with the comb if you pull too hard).

I usually use eyemakeup remover for the Clarins, and this is easy to remove with remover, then warm water takes off the rest. I tried Kiss Me Blinc several years ago, which also worked for me, but I think this one gives more fullness and length -- I remember that one as being pretty natural looking although it did not smudge, and if I remember it was $24 (which is why I stopped using it -- price and not enough bang for the buck) and this is $19.50.

As long as it doesn't dry out as noted below, or start to flake excessively, I would definitely repurchase.

UPDATE: I am still using the same tube and it has NOT dried out-- I am careful to make sure it closes completely -- you feel a click. I am changing to 4 lippies, because though this is a nice natural look, I think I would like a little more volume. As the tube gets older, it sometimes flakes a bit. I have since tried Clinique HIgh Impact Curling, which is another tubing mascara, which I think is better. See my review of that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this formula as much as regular lash injection, but I do like the small brush. This provides good length but not very much volume. It also flakes after several hours, but just a little

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by fortune222

Absolutely feel that the comments below are frankly uninformed. This is the best long-last, no-smudge lengthening name-brand mascara on the market today short of the Lorac 3-day mascara.

The packaging clearly says this is a lengthening mascara, not a volumnizing, so all those below complaining about that should just have read the package. The package also clearly says to use 3 coats for the complete effect. 1 coat gives you a rather natural effect.

The brush is meant to be small so you can catch all the lashes at the corner of your eyes - as explained on the product's website. As for the citrus scent - it disappears in about 30 seconds, so even if you don't like it, it can't be a huge deal.

Finally - as also disclosed by the firm - you should close the mascara tight until it you hear the click; otherwise it's not closed and so it will dry out.

I know the print on the package is rather small and a lot of information is on the website, but really! reading the product information would have addressed most of the complaints below.

The main point of this product is that it's a protein-based mascara with silicone that forms tubes around your lashes, so its doesn't smear like 99% of all brands do.

I'm going on Hour 14 right now in fact and there's not a single spot of mascara on my face - even after a long walk on a sunny day with my boyfriend, cooking dinner over a hot steamy stove, and smooching.

This mascara just doesn't come off until you take it off - I use the Neutrogena hydrating towelettes.

As someone with contact lenses and oily eyelids, no mascara ever stayed put for me before this one. It works.

My only cons are that it doesn't come in blue or plum - just basic brown and black. I do like to wear a bit of blue on the tips of lashes to make the whites of my eyes seem clearer. And I really wish they would make it paraben-free.

Despite this, 5 stars from me. Well worth the US$20 at Sephora.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the regular LI but it wasn't waterproof & my eyes water a lot due to allergies. This one was great but you have to be really careful to not put too much on or you get trantula lashes. This made my lashes so very long,i was really amazed and it didn't migrate onto my skin after a few hours of use. Total winner!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes this one. But it is too dry to disseminate lashes. You have to put it 2-3 layers before your lashes come thicker and longer. Only BIG plus is this really stay well whole day. So no Panda eyes. But there is lot of better mascaras, so I don`t buy it again. Package is also good, you hear klick when it`s really closed.