Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 1/11/2013 2:43:00 PM

This product has problems but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Due to the mineral sunscreens this does leave a white cast that tend to flake and be hard to blend but I've seen worse than this. It does provide immediate protection from UVA/UVB rays. It also has licorice which research shows may aid in reducing irritation and hyper pigmentation. It is only a small amount of licorice though. Upon application this can feel silky to slightly greasy. It does have a light weight feeling. If you have acne ignore the label ' non comodegenic' as the titanium dioxide and zinc oxide can aggravate acne. All in all though this is a good sunscreen that I would buy again.

on 1/9/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Although not irritating to my skin, I hated the white cast and feel of this moisturizer with sunscreen. It is oily feeling but dryish at the same time. It did emphasize any flakes I had and I had plenty because of the Neutrogena moisturizer with retinol I was also trying.

Makeup does not work that well over this. It will flake and ball up when you smooth your foundation over it. Had better luck with just some concealer over it but still could see the white cast of this. Yuck.

Best things about it are that's it's fragrance free and the pump bottle but I think this needs to be updated to compete with the big dogs. I usually love Eucerin but this was not top-notch.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I go back and forth with this, some days I love it, and some days I despise it! I love it because it delivers a good deal of moisture, and it makes my skin really nice. What I don't like is the look of it-- the white cast I can handle, because I usually just put makeup on top of it, but it somehow makes my skin look oily. I blame this on the fact that the spf causes it to sort of sit on your skin, and therefore it makes it look sort of "wet" on top, but my skin isn't excessively dry, and so any extra wetness is unwanted. I wouldn't say that I hate it, and I wouldn't say that I love it, it just depends on the day.

on 12/17/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For a while I used Neutrogena's dry touch sunblock. When I put it on in the mornings it was fine, but after showering and working out I would reapply and it would burn. I realized it was the chemical sunscreen that was causing the burning sensation and found Eucerin every day protection in search of a physical sunscreen alternative. So far, it has not disappointed and I just purchased my second bottle.

Pros:
Compact pump makes it easy for travel. It applies easily, feels light on the skin, and absorbs quickly so I can move on to my makeup. Serves as a great daily moisturizer for my dry skin. Smell is light and non-offensive, it is a physical rather than chemical sunscreen, and, it works! The price is also GREAT for the amount of product you get, especially when compared to similar brands like Cetaphil.

Cons:
Like any physical sunscreen, it can leave a whitish cast, so you gotta rub it in (but it's not nearly as bad as some physical sunscreens *cough* yes to cucumbers *cough*. If you put a ton of this on your face and break a sweat immediately afterward, your sweat will be white-ish. Also, If it were up to me I'd make the formulation a little creamier.

on 12/3/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent product, and it feels so light on the skin.
I use Differin for to control my acne breakouts, but, sometimes after using it for many consecutive days, my skin gets very sensitive -- burns when I apply my foundation. This Eucerin product completely takes away the burning sensation and redness.
Olay Definity also made my skin burn like crazy. After washing it off, I applied this lotion, and, again like magic, it takes away the burning and sensitivity.
I never go without having this lotion in case I have a bad reaction to a new facial product!

on 11/25/2012 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been using this for years and am very happy with it. I have noticed that it can leave a white mask but you have to blend it very good.....I went to the story and picked up a different brand by accident.....neutrogena.....So I decided to give that a try....Even though I like this sunscreen and used it for years, I feel like trying something else......we will see......I might come back to eucerin or I migh not......will keep you updated.......
sincerely,
bored gal

on 11/11/2012 6:57:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST LOTION FOR MY FACE. Forget Neutrogena, Cetaphil, dept store brands like BBrown, Shiseido, Chanel, Dior, LA MER, Origins, Lancome..I tried all their facial mositurizers-THIS lotion is all you need for moisture, sun protection with the ADDED bonus of ZINC which prevents pimples in general! I LOVE THAT IT HAS ZINC IN IT!!! Zinc is so good for your skin and no other lotion contains this percentage any longer- I've researched high and low!!! AND IT'S GENTLE, has no odor, and Eucerin brand/Aquaphor is what my derm and my son's derm recommends since we also have very dry eczema skin!! I WOULD BE DEPRESSED FOR A LONGGGG TIME IF THEY EVER EVER discontinued this product. I also love that it makes my skin white- makes me look younger, fresher and brighter. Perfect for a clean slate of whiter skin under makeup, of course wait until it settles then apply BB cream or a very good foundation :) Of course it will stay on top of your skin DUHHH!!!! It has Zinc which is a sunscreen!! That's going to be absorbed just give it a few minutes geesh, people want the good stuff but don't know wth they are talking about and complain! Go buy LaMer for $150 then lol.

PROS: spf30. Probably good for someone who doesn't want a lot of moisture from an spf.

CONS: Kind of expensive. Leaves a slight shimmer on my skin. Almost a grey-toned shimmer.

ALTERNATES: This brand has an spf 15 that doesn't leave any shimmer (but does make me a tiny bit more red). Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does not soak into my skin. It sits on top of my skin leaving a white layer on my face that I have to rub in for a long time. It burns my eyes slightly, and it may be the reason for my new breakout. I will stick with my Olay Complete.

on 9/23/2012 6:35:00 AM

I used a bottle of this a few years ago. I don't know why I kept using it - I guess I was blinded by all the good things I heard about it. The fact is, it left a white cast on my face (I'm very pale, but when I started using this people started commenting that I looked extremely pale), it made my face oiler and shinier than usual and it made my foundation slide around. I don't know, it might work better for someone with drier skin, but I still don't recommend it. I guess it was the zinc oxide that achieved the white cast, but now I use Burn Out Clean and Clear with zinc oxide and it doesn't do that to me. It's true as others have said that the smell is like sunscreen.

Also note that this gets a bad rating of 7 from EWG. I now wouldn't use a facial moisturizer that contained the things this does: octinoxate, alumina, phenoxyethanol, etc.

On the up side, the pump bottle is nice, it works as a sunscreen and is relatively unexpensive. There are certainly worse things out there.