September 2, 2014 | 1620 users online

Sunscreen - Eucerin - Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by FGunsmoke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product, and it feels so light on the skin.
I use Differin for to control my acne breakouts, but, sometimes after using it for many consecutive days, my skin gets very sensitive -- burns when I apply my foundation. This Eucerin product completely takes away the burning sensation and redness.
Olay Definity also made my skin burn like crazy. After washing it off, I applied this lotion, and, again like magic, it takes away the burning and sensitivity.
I never go without having this lotion in case I have a bad reaction to a new facial product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by aquafina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for years and am very happy with it. I have noticed that it can leave a white mask but you have to blend it very good.....I went to the story and picked up a different brand by accident.....neutrogena.....So I decided to give that a try....Even though I like this sunscreen and used it for years, I feel like trying something else......we will see......I might come back to eucerin or I migh not......will keep you updated.......
sincerely,
bored gal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by harmony888

THIS IS THE BEST LOTION FOR MY FACE. Forget Neutrogena, Cetaphil, dept store brands like BBrown, Shiseido, Chanel, Dior, LA MER, Origins, Lancome..I tried all their facial mositurizers-THIS lotion is all you need for moisture, sun protection with the ADDED bonus of ZINC which prevents pimples in general! I LOVE THAT IT HAS ZINC IN IT!!! Zinc is so good for your skin and no other lotion contains this percentage any longer- I've researched high and low!!! AND IT'S GENTLE, has no odor, and Eucerin brand/Aquaphor is what my derm and my son's derm recommends since we also have very dry eczema skin!! I WOULD BE DEPRESSED FOR A LONGGGG TIME IF THEY EVER EVER discontinued this product. I also love that it makes my skin white- makes me look younger, fresher and brighter. Perfect for a clean slate of whiter skin under makeup, of course wait until it settles then apply BB cream or a very good foundation :) Of course it will stay on top of your skin DUHHH!!!! It has Zinc which is a sunscreen!! That's going to be absorbed just give it a few minutes geesh, people want the good stuff but don't know wth they are talking about and complain! Go buy LaMer for $150 then lol.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: spf30. Probably good for someone who doesn't want a lot of moisture from an spf.

CONS: Kind of expensive. Leaves a slight shimmer on my skin. Almost a grey-toned shimmer.

ALTERNATES: This brand has an spf 15 that doesn't leave any shimmer (but does make me a tiny bit more red). Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ilovemacchiato

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does not soak into my skin. It sits on top of my skin leaving a white layer on my face that I have to rub in for a long time. It burns my eyes slightly, and it may be the reason for my new breakout. I will stick with my Olay Complete.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used a bottle of this a few years ago. I don't know why I kept using it - I guess I was blinded by all the good things I heard about it. The fact is, it left a white cast on my face (I'm very pale, but when I started using this people started commenting that I looked extremely pale), it made my face oiler and shinier than usual and it made my foundation slide around. I don't know, it might work better for someone with drier skin, but I still don't recommend it. I guess it was the zinc oxide that achieved the white cast, but now I use Burn Out Clean and Clear with zinc oxide and it doesn't do that to me. It's true as others have said that the smell is like sunscreen.

Also note that this gets a bad rating of 7 from EWG. I now wouldn't use a facial moisturizer that contained the things this does: octinoxate, alumina, phenoxyethanol, etc.

On the up side, the pump bottle is nice, it works as a sunscreen and is relatively unexpensive. There are certainly worse things out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

PROS
UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection
has a pump
affordable
works well under makeup if you use a small amount

CONS
will make your face look washed out in flash photography
has a strong sunblock smell, but it doesn't bother me

I initially didn't like using this under my makeup, but i found that it worked better if i applied a thin layer and used a primer over it

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Emma275

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was excited about this when i bought it since of all the raving on youtube. but this leaves a white film on my skin and makes me look extra pale. i hate moisturizers like this where it doesnt absorb into the skin, but just leaves a film. if u were to rub your skin, it'll rub off in chunks. but a good thing is that it didnt break me out and my face wasnt feelin dried out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by iridescentlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: Doesn't break me out. Doesn't make me super oily. Average moisturizer. Wears fine under makeup. Inexpensive. Contains spf.

But....

Cons: I hate the texture/feel of this product, both application-wise and wear. It's way too sunscreen-y (Lancome Bienfait lotion also has spf 30 yet doesn't feel like sunscreen at all). I don't like the smell either, smells like sunscreen. When you wear it, it is kinda greasy at first (again, sunscreen!) but it does sink into your skin after a while. Also, be wary not to apply too thick of a layer (you only need a thin layer of this) or else, there will be a white film on some parts of your face.

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Lancome Bienfait lotion with spf 30. A lot of people on youtube love this product for their sensitive skin, but it didn't work for me. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by egrote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Good for my sensitive skin. Has a slight hint of a medicinal (too strong a word) smell. Has a slight brightening effect for me. It's a light fluid - goes on smoothly - must wait to apply makeup till it's fully absorbed. Only flaw for me is that now, post 40, I wish it could be more emollient - but not a deal breaker.