Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.7

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

Despite the claims of this leaving a white cast on the face when applied, I could not object to that; however, over time after your skin gets used to the product it will absorb it better and I find that it's best to tone and wash your face before applying this on your face just so it would cling onto dry spots. Make sure you rub this in very well and pat. Overall, I would repurchase this again because this a very affordable facial moisturizer with a high spf. The pump could use some work, but that would be the only other complaint I have other than the white cast.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first bought this it was during Winter when skin is drier. At that time, it definitely didn't cut it but I shouldn't have expected it to since on the package it says that it is a lightweight moisturizer. I bought it because of the SPF30 and I didn't think my normal Neutrogena SPF50 was necessary. Then, I had to top it with Physician's Formula Ultra-Hydrating Day & Night Cream which was a great combo. Now that it is Spring here in CA, which it can get up to a hot 90+ degrees here in the Valley, it is PERFECT. It provides a wonderful base for makeup as well and sinks into my skin immediately. Actually it sinks in so fast that sometimes I put on an additional layer because it absorbs so quickly and feels so good to smooth on. I have used it with primer under makeup and alone under makeup - still great. My Walmart or Target doesn't sell the full 4oz bottle so I've been buying the 1oz travel sizes for around $1 which is more than reasonable. I would recommend. Hell, I would repurchase.

A safe bet for fair, fragrance-sensitive skin. Not ideal, but I have not found anything better. Many sunscreens cause me to break out, but this one doesn't so far. I've been using it for two months. I like the lightness, but it is not moisturizing enough for me, so I use a moisturizer without spf underneath and then layer the Eucerin on top. Yes, it is slightly whitening, but not too noticeable once you figure out how much to put on.

This is my favorite moisturizer. I have tried Clean & Clear Morning glow, Kiehl's ultra facial cream, and others that I can't remember. But this Eucerin is the best. It moisturizes, feels really creamy, does NOT irritate (or feel like it's burning) my skin the way other moisturizers have. I'm done trying other moisturizers with SPF. This is it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this since getting a sample in a Derm's. office. It works great for me. I put it on when I get out of the shower, then also mix it with my foundation for a great natural looking finish. I have oily skin, that tends to look ruddy in places. This gets rid of the redness and makes my skin look flawless.

This is more of a light sunscreen instead of lotion, so I can see why it sits on the skin instead of absorbing into it (and I actually like the white tinge, it "brightens" my skintone lol). In the summer it can make the T-zone get a little oily for those with combination skin, which is why I apply only enough to cover my face and neck. My mom has drier skin and she looks positively glowing in this (again, the white tinge worked to our advantage lol). It's the patting, not rubbing, that evens the product out. Last but not least, it's never made me break out or get whiteheads, even though I use it every day and don't have a fancy cleanser.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product has problems but the benefits outweigh the negatives.
Due to the mineral sunscreens this does leave a white cast that tend to flake and be hard to blend but I've seen worse than this. It does provide immediate protection from UVA/UVB rays. It also has licorice which research shows may aid in reducing irritation and hyper pigmentation. It is only a small amount of licorice though. Upon application this can feel silky to slightly greasy. It does have a light weight feeling. If you have acne ignore the label ' non comodegenic' as the titanium dioxide and zinc oxide can aggravate acne. All in all though this is a good sunscreen that I would buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Although not irritating to my skin, I hated the white cast and feel of this moisturizer with sunscreen. It is oily feeling but dryish at the same time. It did emphasize any flakes I had and I had plenty because of the Neutrogena moisturizer with retinol I was also trying.

Makeup does not work that well over this. It will flake and ball up when you smooth your foundation over it. Had better luck with just some concealer over it but still could see the white cast of this. Yuck.

Best things about it are that's it's fragrance free and the pump bottle but I think this needs to be updated to compete with the big dogs. I usually love Eucerin but this was not top-notch.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I go back and forth with this, some days I love it, and some days I despise it! I love it because it delivers a good deal of moisture, and it makes my skin really nice. What I don't like is the look of it-- the white cast I can handle, because I usually just put makeup on top of it, but it somehow makes my skin look oily. I blame this on the fact that the spf causes it to sort of sit on your skin, and therefore it makes it look sort of "wet" on top, but my skin isn't excessively dry, and so any extra wetness is unwanted. I wouldn't say that I hate it, and I wouldn't say that I love it, it just depends on the day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For a while I used Neutrogena's dry touch sunblock. When I put it on in the mornings it was fine, but after showering and working out I would reapply and it would burn. I realized it was the chemical sunscreen that was causing the burning sensation and found Eucerin every day protection in search of a physical sunscreen alternative. So far, it has not disappointed and I just purchased my second bottle.

Pros:
Compact pump makes it easy for travel. It applies easily, feels light on the skin, and absorbs quickly so I can move on to my makeup. Serves as a great daily moisturizer for my dry skin. Smell is light and non-offensive, it is a physical rather than chemical sunscreen, and, it works! The price is also GREAT for the amount of product you get, especially when compared to similar brands like Cetaphil.

Cons:
Like any physical sunscreen, it can leave a whitish cast, so you gotta rub it in (but it's not nearly as bad as some physical sunscreens *cough* yes to cucumbers *cough*. If you put a ton of this on your face and break a sweat immediately afterward, your sweat will be white-ish. Also, If it were up to me I'd make the formulation a little creamier.