April 25, 2014 | 1676 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson Fancy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact that I'm usually reaching for citrus/clean scents this time of year, the weather has me yearning for soft, comforting scents. I used up all my Brittany Spears Fantasy and thought so I needed something new. After reading the reviews for this I thought I might just like it. In my opinion, I like it better than Fantasy and here's why: it is creamier and not quite as loud as Fantasy. I believe there is a caramel note in this one whereas Fantasy has more of a cotton candy vibe to me. This sits closer to the skin on me. I detect a tiny bit of floral but it's primarily a soft caramel-vanilla scent on me, perfect for what I was looking for. Is it fancy by my definition? Absolutely not but it's sweet and creamy without smelling like it was created for a teenager. I think it's also a vanilla that can be worn in the warmer months as it doesn't seem to "bloom" the way heavier perfumes can in the heat. I can see many age groups enjoying this little gem. Good job, Jess!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

I first smelled this on a friend & was surprised when she told me what it was! I purchased a bottle very inexpensively on ebay and am enjoying it. On me, it's similar to Angel or Chopard's Wish without the evergreen and patchouli notes. It definitely has a young feel to it and I'd call it a gourmand/oriental. I can see myself sharing this with my daughter and getting more use out of Fancy Nights personally, as it's loaded with patchouli and that's more me. For the price and bottle esthetic though, Fancy is a great deal and garners lots of compliments!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online after reading the reviews. At first I wasn't too sure if i liked it or not but it has grown on me. Its not overly sweet to me as some people find. The smell lingers all day and I can definitely smell it on my bed sheets the next morning. The bottle design is a bit tacky but for the price its totally worth it. I would def repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Fancy is absolutely delicious!

It smells like a fruit/vanilla cupcake that is drizzled in caramel, sprinkled with sugar and chopped almonds on top. This is definitely one of my all time favourite scents. Lasting power is 8 hours and I can smell it all day.

I highly recommend to anyone that likes sweet/gourmand scents!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by beachsexybronze

LOVE THIS. My signature scent for the past 5 years. My husband loves it too (he has a sweet tooth lol). Lasting power is good too! A very nice vanilla sweet scent! The pear and almond notes is what makes this really stay sweet and sexy at the same time. I hope this NEVER gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by nesajoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This perfume smells so beautiful. It is not overbearing and is sweet loving without feeling like you are a cake. The vanilla bean and caramel stand out the most, but it is more of a fresh feel for me. It's relaxing and beautiful. The bottle is just gorgeous!! I adore this:D Cant wait for the compliments headed my way!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I honestly love this scent however I can't get it to stay on my body long at all. I have never had this problem with any other fragrance but honestly this doesn't last long then 15 minutes on me. I am far from the best at describing scents but to me it smells strongly of vanilla. It reminds me of a warm custard tart. It is very unoffensive and something you could use everyday. If this had long lasting power it would have gotten full marks from me. Oh and I forgot to mention that the bottle is absolutely beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I just got this in the mail today and when I first sprayed it I didnt like it at all.. very strong and funky smelling but after 5 minutes it develops into a nice vanilla, caramel and cream and smells very delicious and soft. Once is drys down I LOVE it. I knocked it one lippie only because of the first few strong minutes. I would repurchase this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fun, sweet, warm, and cozy. This definitely has no snob-appeal, which is part of its charm. It's a comfort scent; luscious, feminine, and likeable.

On skin, this develops beautifully and isn't nearly as sticky-sweet as I'd found it on a paper strip. You’ll mostly smell a sweet fruit compote at the start, and then crème brulee on drydown; an expensive one. It's buttery and infused with black dots of smoky-rich vanilla bean. The almond adds a nutty richness while the caramel, amber and woods lend a toasted-sugar edge that adds complexity and stops it from being too flat and linear.
The flowers aren't all that noticeable but add some dimension.

Probably an acquired taste if you're not into sweet scents because it is very rich. I do prefer this to some of the other vanilla/apricot fragrances in the market.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, the bottle's massive so you get a lot for your money.
The first 4 hours of this perfumes gives me intense headaches. It LASTS, there's no doubt. Unfortunately there's something about the initial sprays that are unpleasant and strangle the nose. I only like this fragrance at the end of the day when it's calmed itself, which of course may have to do with my body-chemistry. At the end of the day it has plesant caramel smell.