September 22, 2014 | 1896 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE KONAD! I've been using the system for two years and I seriously do my nails like every other day just so I can put a new design on them. I've got it down to about 30 minutes from base coat to top coat. A couple of things, some special polishes are better than others..for example, dark brown and forest green princess polishes didn't work so well for me but all of the others have. Also, I can't find information on whether they test on animals so I will use what I've purchased but will look elsewhere for polishes that I can use for Konad that are known to be cruelty free. Also, as far as technique, I use tweezers to hold a cotton square dipped in acetone to clean my image plate, scraper, and stamper so that I don't have to mess up my nails while using konad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love being able to quickly do designs on my nails, however, i found a couple issues with it. its hard to see where you're placing the design on the nail. also, you can't do mirror images on each hand. the plates don't get completely clean again no matter how hard you clean them with nail polish remover. it's great for doing quick designs and much cheaper than going to a salon every couple of weeks for a manicure. great product other than for the few issues i mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loooove it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by clairyfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Konad!! it's so easy to use and so much fun. It's a totally unique product, there is no other way to get such complex designs easily at home.

However you don't need all of the stuff that Konad tell you to get. All you really need is the stamper, the image plates and possibly Konad special polishes in black and white, (I would recommend getting double ending stamper just because using red and pink designs on the single stamper is really difficult, you can't see where your design went).

I use the Konad special polishes in black and white, but as long as you don't mind the colours being a bit paler then you'll be fine to use normal polish for the colours. I did have difficulty stamping paler colours on top of darker colours but it's not a massive problem. Some nail polish brands work better than others.

I don't use the Konad scraper, instead I use an old itunes plastic card. I find a plastic card easier to use and it doesn't scratch the plate

I like using the Konad top coat when I am doing full plate images, but if I'm just adding a flower to a manicure I tend to finish the manicure without the Konad, using Seche Vite as my top coat and then just stamp the Konad on top. as long as the image is not near my tip then I have no problems with the Konad chipping, the rest of my manicure will chip first even with SV.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

Overall i think Konad has a great product that provides amazing results. I do find that it took some time to get the hang of how much polish to use and how much pressure to apply when scraping but once you get the hang of using the system it's easy! I think that the price for the "special polishes" is crazy because it is basically thicker regular polish so what I do is use polish that i've had a while that has started to thicken up on me. It works just as good in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by j3nnyisfunky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love painting my nails and I LOVE KONAD!!! it's so cute! It's a great way to add on a design without having it look blotchy and weird. eww. Ever since I saw a tutorial online, I bought some of my plates from wowsocool.com, but the stamp and scraper I actually got from the Essence nail art stampy set. It was probably cheaper that way only because I got one image plate, the stamp and the scraper for around $3, compared to the konad one which is around $7 for just the scraper and stamp. no image plate :(

Konad is so easy to use and it adds a professional touch. There are so many designs you can do and so many colors to mix and match. I do recommend buying their special nail polishes tho, probably in black and white, since those you can put to great use. The special nail polishes really do make the difference! The prices are okay, a bit pricey for a tiny image plate, but it is worth it when you reuse them a lot. Another TIP: use an old ID card or something to scrape the nail polish off of the image plate instead of the tiny scraper... this way, you won't have big scratches on your plate, and they'll last longer!

If you love painting your nails, get konad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

Why did I wait so long to finally buy this??? I got mine last week and i'm addicted!

I ordered mine through wowsocool.com. The customer service was great and shipping was fast!!! I didn't want any of the pre-made kits so I just ordered the essentials. Which are, the stamper and scrapper, a black special nail polish (any thick goopy old nail polish will work), and one image plate (m57-animal print and flowers). Everything together cost under $25. Free shipping with $20 or more.

Two words to describe my first experience with Konad. Easy and messy. Painting on the image plate and transfering onto your nail is fool proof. Quick tip though, once you scape the nailpolish off the image plate you need to work fast on getting it onto your stamper and onto your nail. When it dries you're going to have to start all over. Now once you transfered your pretty image onto your nail you have to clean up your stamper and image plate with acetone and do it all over again with the next nail. Be very very very careful while doing this. The last thing you want to happen is get remover onto your pretty nail. I used a cotton ball and used tweezers to wipe everything down. Once all your nails are done, clean up what's around your cuticles (which can get messy also) and viola! You have a pretty manicure that looks like you got them done at a shop.

I've gotten numerous compliments on my nails and I love it. I've told a bunch of my girlfriends about Konad. If your a girl and love painting your nails get this! You will not be disappointed. Trust me. I will be buying more image plates soon. Love love love Konad!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by monkeemoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently discovered Konad. It is so so so much fun to play around with, and there are so many designs. It's a really easy way to have unique nails, and they do look pro. Many of my friends are amazed when I tell them that they are my real nails and I have done them myself.

The konad polishes are great to use,because they are fast drying so the stamp is dry upon application to your nail. I haven't tried any other polishes for the stamping, however any fast drying polishes would probably work a treat as well. The thing I really love about Konad is that it isn't expensive I got my stamper and plates and polishes for about AU $30. And you can use any polish you like underneath.

A lot of people do say that it's best not to use a top coat, as it touches the stamped on design and smudges it, however, Seche Vite top coat is a really good one to use, it shines like non-other and is super thick so when you apply it the brush doesn't actually come in contact with the polished nail at all. It brings the whole Konad-ified nail to a new level, and it doesn't chip off or anything.

It does however take some patience to get the patten on the right part of the nail, and to do it all before the fast drying konad polish dries. But i got the hang of it pretty quickly and after that Konad is a breeze and looks amazing on your nails. I would buy this again, if it were a product that would run out, however the only thing that needs replacing is the polishes which are still dirt cheap at about AU$6 a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ReddishRocks

Konad stamping is so much fun and really easy. They have image plates for every personality and style, from understated-pretty to gregariously wild! I use them and so does my 50-something mom! <3

There is a bit of a learning curve, but check out YouTube and blogs for lots of helpful hints. Here are some of my favorite tips I've read and used successfully:

All you really need to start with is an image plate and a stamper (I really like the double-ended one because the little green side is very useful for precise placement!). Use an old credit card or membership card for scraping, and mess around with the polish you already have. Old, thick polish works well! I haven't used Konad's stamping polish, but I've had plenty of luck with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry, China Glaze Khromes, Wet 'n Wild, Orly's white tip polish, etc. etc.

If you use a thick topcoat (like Seche Vite) over your base color, you can remove Konad mistakes by quickly swiping over the stamped image with a cotton ball saturated with acetone. I've done that several times on the same nail without a problem - and all the shine comes back after you put on your final topcoat! Careful with that final topcoat though - you can smear your image if you're too aggressive. I've not had trouble with Seche Vite smearing, and if I'm careful, Sally Hansen Insta-Dry topcoat works for me too. I have used Konad's topcoat, and I didn't think it worked any better than SV or SH.

I get the best results when I clean my plate and scraper after each scrape/stamp. I use a makeup sponge soaked in acetone to swipe over the plate. If you just get some cheap wedges, you can soak the fat end and hold the thin end to avoid ruining your already-done nails. :) Using makeup sponges instead of cotton helps to avoid lint on the plate, scraper, and stamper, which could transfer to your nails.

You reeeeeally don't want to stamp on your nails until they're totally dry. That might be a "duh", but I've ruined several nails with my impatience! Using Seche Vite and waiting about 5 minutes seems to be enough, with the added oops-removal benefit mentioned above!

Konad recently stopped allowing the blogger discount codes, but hopefully by the time you read my review, that will change. :) Some deals can be found on eBay, but you can also pay a lot more there for polish and plates - it's best to do your research!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Sockaloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was kind of weary when I first saw this. I had read some reviews that it was hard to use but I finally ordered it in spite of that fact. After I received the konad starter kit I used it and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It's the best thing I have ever purchased. I have already bought 8 more image plates. I can't stop! lol. I love using them though and it's super easy to use. Best thing since lipgloss was invented! :)