September 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Gunmetal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I am so in love with this shade. I am always on the hunt for the perfect grey shadow and this one is in the running for HG. If you are a grey/silver/smokey eye junkie you MUST check this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I would love Gunmetal as much as I do. In general, I love grey and silver, but I thought Gunmetal would be too deep. For me, it's the perfect steel-colored crease color and an excellent alternative to taupey shades (like Stray Dog or MAC Moth Brown.)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by misslauradarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol II and I have to say I don't use it very often at all. It is a very BLAH color. It doesn't do much for my green eyes and it isn't really sliver enough for me to use it for the Holidays like I tried yesterday. I don't love this color very much, though, I have used it once to darken up my outer corners of my eyes and it worked pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kjerstihagen

So this was my first foray into the world of gray . . . and the color was SO beautiful when I swatched at Ulta that I just had to give it a try. Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing what-so-ever for my blue-green eyes. That being said, I might have considered keeping it just because I do enjoy a large color selection - you know, in case this color could complement this specific outfit, or work for me during the summer, or during full moons that fall on Wednesdays or something - but the glitter nixed that idea. That stuff, while not as bad as some UD e/s, was still all over my face a couple of hours after application - even with a light hand and over UDPP. No, no, no. Going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I adored this in the store because the lighting made it look like there was no blue in it, but when I got it on - blue! Argh! As a green eyed girl, having blue in my grey, and sparkles and shimmer on top of that..it all seems a bit like overkill. But, I still like it anyway for a dramatic look.

The texture of Urban Decay's shadows is lovely; smooth, creamy, blends easily, and looks even effortlessly. UD makes it easy to look like you know what you're doing;) I use Gunmetal for a punky, smoky eye with black liner, black mascara, pink blush and pale gloss or lipstick. A lighter grey in the inner V widens the eye and balances the blue. Gunmetal brushed overtop balances the colour for the smoky eye look.

Aside from the blue, I don't love that the sparkles DO appear on my eyelids from time to time. I'd prefer a satin texture. Glitter is so over! I have only ever found one grey shadow that doesn't turn blue (Gosh duo) on me. Why do cosmetics companies think that black+white=blue?

I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I'll repurchase. I'm just making it work because I paid for it. I wish that UD would create a line of practical, more adult shades. The texture is incredible but a lot of the shades are very young and overly metallic or shimmery - just not useful. I'm a makeupaholic and I could only find 3 that would work for me (others being Twice Baked and Smog), Gunmetal being an obvious stretch.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect shade of gray. More like charcoal with silver shimmer. The shimmer is not over done. Use a light hand for daytime and can go heavier for night. I use as a liner and on the outer most corner of top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by tikigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the color, a dark, shimmery charcoal gray with bits of silver sparkle. I have dark brown eyes and use it as a liner. Gunmetal is perfect, the color is really flattering, and less harsh than black-I'm over 40-but dark enough to define. Like all UD shadows, the texture is smooth and silky, and goes on easily. My eyelids are oily and I find this stays put for most of the day. I also bought the 24/7 pencil in gunmetal, which I carry in my purse for touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by invadersads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i picked this up on a whim at sephora, last time i was there. i have been on a search for a while for a great blue silver for an all over lid color for a fun nighttime look. this was so perfect as soon as i saw it. there are glitters in it which i'm usually not a fan of with urban decay's shadows but it was too pretty to pass up. i just put a tissue under my eye when applying and i don't get a ton of glitter fallout on my cheeks. i'm really in love with this color. it's really soft and goes on really great. other silvers didn't look good on my skintone but i guess since this is a blue based silver, it really looks nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by dianaschu

gunmetal is a dark grey shimmery shade, perfect for a smoky eye. But the reason I gave it a 3 is because of the glitter in it (in addition to fine shimmer). It just looks strange when you have 2 or 3 loose glitter particles on an eye, like it was not meant to be there and got there by accident. So it's a deal breaker for me. That's too bad, because again it is a very pretty shimmery eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous silvery frosty grey, but not so frosty that it's silver. I have not experienced any fllout, but I always use a primer. Great pigmentation and I love it in my crease for a soft smokey eye. It's nice that the pan fits in a MAC palette too, I like to use these palettes for convenience. I will always have this gem in my arsenal!!