October 1, 2014 | 1339 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by madhat

I can't go anywhere without this mascara.It's my strongest weapon of turning heads-in combination to proper use of eyeliner-when i really want to.I've tried so many mascaras but at some point I got disappointed with each of them.After 3 years of using it,I feel I have found the mascara of my dreams.Expensive as hell but it gives good value for its money!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely mascara, still not beaten Hypnose as my HG but sure comes close. Lovely brush which separates and lengthens and makes it easy to get all your lashes, even the short outer ones without making a mess.

Staying power is decent, and the formula is soft and creamy and doesnt leave lashes crusty or hard. However, I normally do my mascara on the train in the rush to work but this has a reasonably wet formula and takes a while to dry so not ideal for using in a hurry!

Overall, I was pleased with this. I can't comment too much on the curling because my lashes are reasonably curly anyway, but the hold was great and it gave me wide-eyed look without being overly dramatic or fake looking. Perfect for full, beautiful lashes without being too much, and looks lovely for daytime wear into the evening.

The second dior mascara I have tried , and another winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by smittycar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG! I only use this mascara, expensive as hell bit it's great. I can get my lashes so thick and long and people think I have false lashes on!! Love this but price is outrageous!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally don`t like wearing makeup and when I do, I always look for products that look as natural as possible. I`m not gonna say i`ve tried a million different mascaras, and this one is the best, because i`ve probably only had about 7 different ( high end ) brands over the course of my lifetime. I`ve never liked mascara because every one i`ve used results in me looking like a raggedy ann doll. I just don't have the patience to try to separate every lash- if I have to spend more than 30 seconds applying mascara, it`s not even worth it to me.

At any rate, if you are impatient and or dexterously challenged, like me, this mascara is perfect, because it basically does the job for you. I think the secret is in the application brush, which is more like several staggered, fine toothed plastic combs, so the product is dispersed evenly and sparingly keeping each individual lash partitioned from each other. The consistency of this mascara is definitely different than others, as well- it is more of a silky gel than cake batter, if that makes sense. I buy this in chestnut brown #698 , a beautiful auburn color, and apply 2 quick coats for a very natural look that just makes each lash look thicker and defined and really opens up the eyes without it appearing that I am coating my lashes with black tar-like goop. Once I apply it, it generally stays put, and doesn`t even smear all over after I awake from a nap at the end of the day. It does come off fairly easily with an oil free makeup remover though. If i`d have found a mascara like this 20 years ago, it would have been a routine part of my morning repertoire. So to sum it up, this is pretty impressive stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I must say I'm impressed with this mascara it holds a curl well and gives me that wide eyed iconic effect although I find it does take a while to build up to get the look I want.the price is absurd paid $38 ouch) which is more then I have paid for any mascara in my life I have used everything from loreal to ysl faux clis to estee lauder and I'm more pleased with this one then all the others just wish it wasint so expensive:( but its a dior and I guess you get what you pay for however will repurchase again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara I bought it on a whim after the SA recommended it. and I fell in love. I have good lashes so i like mascaras the accentuate them and not add clump to them. This separated my lashes and did exactly what i wanted. I loved the wand. I cant always afford HE mascaras only every now and again I usually use a HG Ds mascara for everyday wear but If i had a special occasion and wanted a mascara this would be it. Don't get me wrong if I had the money I would wear this everyday its amazing

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

This is a good quality mascara that applies smoothly, doesn´t clump and feels natural. It can be layered for more impact and applied over a fiber base.. as for the curving effect.. hummm unless I use a lash curler and a heated curler my lashes flop.. but maybe it is my genes..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara works incredibly well with my eyelashes- which are medium long, quite curly, and fairly volumous on their own! This darkens and lengthens dramatically, and adds quite a nice amount of volume without being clumpy (IF YOU APPLY IT THE RIGHT WAY!). Overall I love it, I definitely find it worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

First off let me start my saying I never, ever ever pay this much for mascara but I thought I would try it since of all the good reviews. It does not disappoint! This mascara has become my HG of mascaras....yes it is that good! I have it in black and wear it daily.

Pros
make my lashes very long and kind of curled. I always get compliments on my long lashes when I wear it. You can definitely achieve a "fake lash look" with multiple applications if you so choose.

it lasts all day on me and doesn't smear or flake away.

Cons
Pricing. I think I paid around $32 USD which for me is a lot of money.

Half way through the tube the brush gets kind of clumpy so I have to be wipe it away otherwise it will apply clumpy.

Overall, I would definitely repurchase this mascara again. For me it has become a regular staple in my cosmetic arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara looks fantastic when the bottle is fresh. The brush divides up my lashes and I can keep adding more and more coats until they look fake. It doesn't clump or flake either, and it is very black. It just doesn't last long at all! After a month I need a new bottle. I know that is the "recommended" life of a mascara anyways, but it's expensive :( I still continue to use it for quite a while it just doesn't look as good as it does when it's new. I will keep buying it though, because it looks the best from everything I've found even if it has the shortest life I have ever experienced.