Lancome La Base Pro

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

on 3/16/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I am always on the hunt for a great primer. I have oily skin and am very acne-prone. When first applied, I mix it with the foundation. I get a very even and smooth application. However, I do not feel this controls oil as well as I would like. (Comparatively, to the Proactiv Smoothing primer) After continued use, I develop little white heads. I have not used it since.

on 2/18/2014 2:46:00 AM

Im currently used this product.personally I love this product because its help to make my skin soften and make my makeup stay long!
BUT, I don't like the packaging.my previous bottle ( Same product ) had fallen and slightly broken at the bottom of my bottle . seems ugly.

on 1/17/2014 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I do like this primer, but I also don't love it. I have really oily skin in my T-zone, so using this product i do have to blot and touch up, however the makeup on the rest of my face stayed absolutely perfect. So if you had normal to dry skin this would be a really nice primer for you. When you first apply it, it makes your face feel so silky and soft. The Price may put you off a little, but if you aren't crazy oily like me then I'd definitely give this one a chance! xx

on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a really combination skin lately (dry patches vs oily tzone). I liked the texture of this primer and it did not break me out (as many other primers did previously). But after a few hours, my dry patches were simply crazy cakey. I am really not sure i want to use it again. Maybe in summer , when i will be oily all over.

on 12/9/2013 3:57:00 PM

This is the first primer I have tried so not much comparisons here. It does make my face smooth to apply foundation on. Even though if has the word matte but it doesn't make my dry skin feel more dry. And as a primer it does what it's supposed too -makes my foundation get on easily and stay on longer than normal. Also love Lancôme's packing be it for foundations or anything, they always have everything in a nice sleek bottle with a pump. No complaints so far with this product.

on 12/7/2013 4:21:00 PM

So far, this is my favourite primer. I only wear this and powder and I'm happy with the results. It feels very, very soft and I only use it on my T-zone because the rest of my skin doesn't get shiny. My skin is not oily but I can't stand shine and this lasts until lunch time before I feel like a touch up. Though it's not completely required and sometimes I don't bother. I don't usually comment on packaging but this one deserves an exception. It looks gorgeous and the pump lets you only get as much or as little as you need. I think I won't be able to get all the product out once the bottle is nearly finished though. I'm still wanting to try other primers just in case there's a better one but I've already bought another bottle of this to make sure I don't run out.

on 11/8/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is too thick and makes me look cakey. i prefer a thinner lotion primer. estee lauder matt primer is the best on this one guys

on 10/19/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this primer. It's very silky and it smoothes out and diminishes the pores. The only negative is the high price and the fact that whereas the Lancome foundation lasts forever this one disappears at a worrying speed from the bottle.

on 7/24/2013 12:02:00 PM

I've been using this for a few weeks now and don't understand why there are negative reviews! this primer leaves my skin feeling flawless after applying foundation & concealer and helps makeup last all day. It helps to even out skin/pores but it doesn't help my oily t-zone, although doesn't make it worse either. It's oil free and feels silky smooth when you put it on. If you're not sure about spending that much, go and try a sample or ask them to put on your hand/face. Great item

on 7/2/2013 10:47:00 AM

I was hesitant at first to purchase a primer for $40, but wanted to try a more silicone textured one and this fit the bill! It really smoothed my face and hid the appearance of my pores. Unfortunately, I don't know if I was using too much or what, but I went through this super fast. Probably won't repurchase due to the price, but it works great!