July 23, 2014 | 1988 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I lucked out not using too many primers and wasting too much money before I found La Base. I have normal skin (with breakouts every now and then) and a very dry t-zone. I have not ever once broken out from this - and for those of you who have, I suggest putting on a good moisturizer first. This is not a product used for hydration/acne/etc. This is really just a primer and I only use it as such.

I love that although it feels thick in my hands, but it smooths out on skin evenly. I actually use a sponge to apply it (I'm not sure why I love this method - it's probably wrong but it works for me). Some people prefer a pearled finish to their primer - but that normally leaves me looking greasy so I do like that this is clear.

A primer, to me, is the base of a mask. I want it to help set the foundation for my skin, leaving it smooth and ready for my war paint. Lancome is the only primer so far that does this without costing a million dollars (the bottle will last!) and giving me the result I needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Theycallmekathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product ! Thank you for all The users who took time to give a review on it . I must say this works so well with my skin , I have uneven skin tone , oily combination , acne scaring . I find this very helpful not only does it shrink my pores it also gives me a velvety finish and it makes my male up last so much longer ! Highly recommended ! :) xx

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

I guess I'm one of the few who really enjoys this product. My complexion has actually improved since I started using this - I used to use Benefit's The Porefessional and that clogged my pores like no other. It goes on smoothly all over my skin after only one and a half pumps so it has lasted me a long time.
It keeps my make-up in place even when I don't use a setting spray and my foundation stays looking fresh and just applied all day.

I like this product, but I think it depends on your skin. Try a sample before you buy it.
I would repurchase it, but it is on the expensive side (obviously).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Meh. This is nothing special. If you are a Lancôme fan, you will love it. If not, you will probably be underwhelmed.

It does go on smoothly and blurs the appearance of pores. However, it does not control oil well. Also, my skin develops small pimples after a couple of days of use. It does not contain sunscreen. I do like the pump packaging though.

For the price, there are several other primers that perform better. I will not repurchase .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, because I fell in love with the consistency when I tried it at the store. It really makes my face feel silky smooth, but sadly, that's all it does. It doesn't make my foundation stay on longer, which is why I really need a primer. And it doesn't help keep shine away form my face - I have a super oily t-zone, but the rest of my face is quite dry.

I will give this one more try though, now that my skin isn't as dehydrated and flaky as it was during the winter. Perhaps it'll perform better on healthier skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleexoxo21

This primer left white heads on my face.... The consistency is great but it is not worth it, especially for its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nanpla

I bought this primer without really knowing what to expect. Whoa! Not only does it make my skin look silky smooth, it also makes my foundation last a lot longer. Of course, I always set it with No.7 Boots translucent powder. My skin is oily all over and if it wasn't for this primer, my foundation would melt in a couple of hours. Just one pump is enough for your whole face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

I really wanted to like this primer, but it left white heads on my face, clogged my pores and doesnt really help the stayin power of foudations.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used la base pro for 2 1/2years now and I can never find anything like it. I've tried them all! Drug store to all the department store brands and nothing will beat this stuff! One bottle will last over a year that's why I'm not complaining about the price. It makes my skin so silky and makes my foundation go on so smooth and last forever! I love lancome <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this product and don't know why I don't use it on a regular basis. It makes my skin silky soft before I put on my foundation and helps my foundation last throughout the day.
Up front it is a bit pricey, but when you only need 2 squirts of it a day it will last a long, long time. I've had mine probably almost a year, it still works great with no complaints.
The packaging is great for portion control.