October 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by crystalbluex

I've been using this for a few weeks now and don't understand why there are negative reviews! this primer leaves my skin feeling flawless after applying foundation & concealer and helps makeup last all day. It helps to even out skin/pores but it doesn't help my oily t-zone, although doesn't make it worse either. It's oil free and feels silky smooth when you put it on. If you're not sure about spending that much, go and try a sample or ask them to put on your hand/face. Great item

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

I was hesitant at first to purchase a primer for $40, but wanted to try a more silicone textured one and this fit the bill! It really smoothed my face and hid the appearance of my pores. Unfortunately, I don't know if I was using too much or what, but I went through this super fast. Probably won't repurchase due to the price, but it works great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was not planning to buy yet another primer, but when the girl used this on me it had such a nice feeling and made the foundation look very natural that I had to buy it. I have about 4 different printers in my makeup bag but they are all creamy, This is silicone based and feels silky on your hand - not oily.

UPDATE: After using this product for a while I find that even a tiny little bit goes a long way, but by the end of the day it makes my T zone area shiny. Change of heart. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE IT! IT LEAVES MY SKIN MATTE AND SILKY. I LOVE IT

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I absolutely detest this primer. I got a 7mL sample of this from a Lancome counter and I have used it about 8 times now and have nothing positive to say about it. It is super thin, feels ultra greasy, dried my skin right out, takes away from the wear time of my foundation, the full size is bloody expensive, it breaks me out. I think this is definitely one of the worst primers I have used and I have used a lot. If you're looking for a good primer, Smashbox Photofinish Light is much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Sugarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got a teensy sample tube of this primer from the nice lady working behind the counter, and I must say, it was quite a lovely primer! I was looking for a really good HG primer and I think this may be the one.
My skin is a combination of regular with an oily t-zone, and although the small tube has lasted me a long while (with off and on usage- same days I do use, some I don't); it has kept my makeup in place on the hottest of days for hours on end and enhances the use of my foundation/bb cream. I have yet to break out from this product and I find it very useful in application of concealer around my under eye area.
It goes on pretty thick- almost a serum consistency and it does leave a slippery silicone feel to it which helps the makeup application. I recently just finished off the last of my little sample tube and I think I may have to indulge in the actual size product. I believe at The Bay, it retails ~$40 for 30mL? (I'll have to double check). I am a proud consumer of Lancome beauty products and they have yet to displease me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I lucked out not using too many primers and wasting too much money before I found La Base. I have normal skin (with breakouts every now and then) and a very dry t-zone. I have not ever once broken out from this - and for those of you who have, I suggest putting on a good moisturizer first. This is not a product used for hydration/acne/etc. This is really just a primer and I only use it as such.

I love that although it feels thick in my hands, but it smooths out on skin evenly. I actually use a sponge to apply it (I'm not sure why I love this method - it's probably wrong but it works for me). Some people prefer a pearled finish to their primer - but that normally leaves me looking greasy so I do like that this is clear.

A primer, to me, is the base of a mask. I want it to help set the foundation for my skin, leaving it smooth and ready for my war paint. Lancome is the only primer so far that does this without costing a million dollars (the bottle will last!) and giving me the result I needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Theycallmekathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product ! Thank you for all The users who took time to give a review on it . I must say this works so well with my skin , I have uneven skin tone , oily combination , acne scaring . I find this very helpful not only does it shrink my pores it also gives me a velvety finish and it makes my male up last so much longer ! Highly recommended ! :) xx

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

I guess I'm one of the few who really enjoys this product. My complexion has actually improved since I started using this - I used to use Benefit's The Porefessional and that clogged my pores like no other. It goes on smoothly all over my skin after only one and a half pumps so it has lasted me a long time.
It keeps my make-up in place even when I don't use a setting spray and my foundation stays looking fresh and just applied all day.

I like this product, but I think it depends on your skin. Try a sample before you buy it.
I would repurchase it, but it is on the expensive side (obviously).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Meh. This is nothing special. If you are a Lancôme fan, you will love it. If not, you will probably be underwhelmed.

It does go on smoothly and blurs the appearance of pores. However, it does not control oil well. Also, my skin develops small pimples after a couple of days of use. It does not contain sunscreen. I do like the pump packaging though.

For the price, there are several other primers that perform better. I will not repurchase .