October 20, 2014 | 2002 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Deluxe Duo Set for Face

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

I mainly use the concealer and foundation brush. I've been using this for a year, and it does its job. It still stayed soft and there were never any shredding after every single wash. Will buy this again! As for the other brushes, I don't really wear eyeshadow nor blush but they are also very soft and they did not shred either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by geriberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are great, especially for the price. I use all of them all the time. My favorite is the blush brush, it works perfectly for me. The one I use the least is the eyeshadow brush, it's pretty much my backup brush if all of my other brushes are dirty at the time, but it gets the job done. The blending side comes in handy if I've overapplied my eyeshadow, it's very soft and blends pretty well. I haven't experienced much shedding, maybe a few hairs here and there when I first got them, but none in a long while. All in all a great value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All you makeup lovers out there, this is a very high quality set of brushes for only about $15. There's nothing the other MUAers didn't cover. Some of the brushes compare with high end brands too! Go get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Anyone starting out in make-up wanting some affordable, yet quality brushes...this is it. I use the foundation, concealer, and angled blush brush more than any of my other brushes (that include MAC and Bobbi Brown). The eyeshadow brush is a big too big for my Asian eyes...and I have no idea what the big blending brush is for. The powder brush, I only use to put setting powder on my concealer, but again, the whole package is so versatile and works so well! I've washed these brushes a lot already and haven't seen much shedding. They are super soft and so affordable. Go to CVS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

i love this set! i had it for awhile the foundation is HG for me! i use the blush brush a lot too.. i dont think it is a weird size at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by NightShift

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're just starting out with brushes, this is a good set to buy. Includes: Duel Blush and Powder brush, Blending and Eye Shadow brush, fluffy Eye Shadow brush, and Foundation and Conceal brush.
The foundation brush is hands down my favourite, as it is very soft and works well for under eye concealer. I especially like that the larger side as a slight point in the center, which is perfect for blending right into the corner of the eye. I haven't noticed any shedding and it is easy to clean.
My second favourite is the eye shadow brush. Personally I think it's a bit too fluffy for eye shadow but I really like it for blending out harsh edges.
Next up is the blending and eye shadow brush. The side for eye shadow is nicely dense and good for eye shadow, I've found this is good for intense color on the eyes. The blending side I haven't really found a use for...though I did sweep away fall outs with it. As with the foundation brush this one is very soft and good for the eye area.
Lastly there is the blush and powder brush, which is my least favourite, and in fact one of the worst brushes I've ever tried. It has the white side labeled blush and the black side labeled "powder." But to me I think the white side is more for powder, and the black side is too small.
The bristles fall out of the white brush side constantly, every time I've tried to use it I have bristles all over my face, which begins to irritate my eyes and nose. It's a shame because it's a very soft brush and the angles are nice.
The powder brush is entirely too small for powder, or really anything else unless you have petite features.
Overall though, this is a good set of brushes to own and is nicely priced-I paid about 14$ for the set, so it is a very good buy for what you get. Thanks for reading. xx

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by prettyquyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the Blender end of my brush sheds so so much O_o

The other ends are pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jackie2781

I really want to get these brushes!!! I hear such good things about them!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by HunieBzzz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes and the price you can't beat. The foundation brush is as good as my MAC 190 and the blush brush as good as the MAC 168. The powder brush is great for applying under the eyes, around the nose, upper lip and chin. The eye brush are great too. This set is worth the money and even better on sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sugaryumyum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

foundation/concealer brush duo: amazing. the bristles are soft. the concealer brush is stiff and the foundation brush is thick and dense. this is a keeper. plus there is no shedding!

eyeshadow and blending: the eyeshadow brush is soft and a good size for patting color on your lids (btw i have small lids) its kind of odd since its angled..the blending brush side is bad. i sometimes use it to fade out one color rather than blending two colors. its large, awkward for the eye, and not good at blending. the blending brush sheds while the eyeshadow doesn't

blush and powder: i like the brush because its angled and good for contouring. but the bristles aren't very soft and dense so the color isnt always perfectly distributed. after brushing blush on my cheeks, i use my fingers to lightly pat and smooth the color out. the powder brush is too small so there is absolutely no use for this! and the bristles are pretty hard. both sides of the brush shed

pros: cheap and 4 out of the 6 brushes are decent and used on a regular basis.

cons: some shed, two are useless, packaging is meh too..

i gave it four lippies because the quality is pretty good for 14 dollars. i expected the brushes to be worse. i bought this for the duo concealer/foundation brush bc i heard its good