Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder - Translucent

Translucent: Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499.

on 10/18/2012 2:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my personal favorites from LM so far. A makeup artist I know told me to take a fan brush, swirl it around in just a tiny bit of of the setting powder and lightly sweep it over my cheeks, nose, forehead, etc. A little goes a long way! And while I'm still trying to decide if I like my creme foundation or return it for the tinted moisturizer,this product is a keeper! And I know it will last a very long time.

on 10/10/2012 9:57:00 PM

Surprisingly, really unimpressed with this setting powder. Perhaps it's the way I'm using it (powder brush). I might try another more pressed method, but so far not loving the results. May update once I've tried another way...

Updated 21.11.12 - I love this stuff. Granted, I need to use a good primer and foundation for it to adhere to, but when I do that - wow. Great stuff.

on 9/22/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this in winter and MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder in summer. Works great to set foundation or tinted moisterizer and never irritates my skin. Not a terrible value either for the 1 ounce size.

on 5/29/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product does very little to reduce shine long term. Yeah its nice and sets my foundation or concealer, but I kind of just go through the motions since i paid so much for it.

on 5/24/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I always hated loose powders, mostly because of the messiness UNTIL I got this powder. I received a deluxe sample of this with a LM counter purchase. This is the ONLY powder that controls my oily skin all day. I previously used MAC Blot Powder. I will definitely be purchasing a full size when I'm done with the sample!

on 5/5/2012 10:07:00 PM

This is quite expensive, but you get a lot of product $34/1 oz. It's completely translucent and doesn't add any color nor does it leave a white cast behind. I wouldn't say that it gives a matte finish, more like a natural semi-matte. The product is really sheer, so i have to apply more than usual.

*EDIT: 9/4/14
Unfortunately, this is now $37/1 oz.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So easy to get a natural result with this powder. Classic loose powder packaging - jar with screw top, dispensing plastic lid underneath. I have used this several months on a regular basis (at least a few times a week) and it still looks like it is completely full - you get a lot of mileage out of this one...

on 3/8/2012 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love love! I've been on a hunt for the perfect setting powder for sooo long. I wanted something colorless, smooth and finely milled, and not full of silica that will ruin your flash photos. This stuff is great. I this is probably 3 times the price of the setting powders I've used in the past, but it's definitely worth it. It doesn't leave any color or chalkiness (it may on dark skin, not sure), it's super smooth and finely milled, and leaves a perfect finish to your foundation, or concealer, or just a bare face. It's great for under your eyes to set your concealer too. If you get the LM Undercover Pot concealer duo, this is the powder that it comes with, so that's further evidence that it's great for setting under eye concealer. This stuff stays put, helps your foundation stay put, controls oil, doesn't stick to dry patches, and just really is a great finishing touch to your makeup. I will buy again, though it won't be for a long time since you get a ton of product which makes the price not hurt so much. The packaging is sturdy and functions very well. The sifter doesn't have huge holes and the holes are just the right size to get out the perfect amount. And then you have the big lid to get the powder on your brush or puff just the way you like it. It may be too big for travel, but you can always put some in a small travel size sifter that you can get at Sephora or TKB trading. So, one more time, I love, love, love this stuff.

on 2/12/2012 11:04:00 AM

This powder does leave a beautiful finsh. Unfortunately it did not stay that way regardless the foundation/primer/concealer combo under.

on 1/11/2012 3:25:00 PM

I wanted to try a loose powder for a while so decided to get this one. I like that it's translucent, all LM concealers, foundations etc are too dark for my skin. The packaging may not be the handiest, you have to get a little in the lid etc etc. However, it ends up looking quite powdery and not as natural and dewy as I would like it to. I don't have very oily skin though, so maybe this would work for people with oilier skin.

Recommended for Normal Skin