April 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Yvie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to use. Effective. As long as it is not over done, natural looking too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am brow challenged. I have very sparse, uneven brows and I have to fill them in or else I look like an alien. I've been using Bare Minerals brow powder for almost 10 years and I loved it. To my dismay, they discontinued it. I tried buying up all their stock on their website but alas, my beloved Bare Minerals brow powder is no more. I decided to try the Anastasia line due to the fact, the brand specializes in brows. I ordered the dark brown/brunette and medium brown since I change my hair frequently. Right now my hair is a medium-dark brown. I tried both colors and they both work for me. They tend to run light so if you're unsure which one to get and you want a darker brow, then go with the dark brown/brunette. What I love about this brow powder is that it comes with 2 colors. This is fantastic if you're into the fading look that is popular now with eyebrows where the lighter color is used towards the inner eye and the darker color towards the outer 3/4 of the brow. I love that the powder is pressed which makes it much easier to travel with. The bare minerals powder was loose and it was easy to spill and lose product. I also am impressed with the colors. The two brown sets I bought have no red undertones and they look very natural. I also love the fact that it's brow powder, nothing else. I liked the Smashbox brow powder when I tried it but you have to buy a compact where half the container is brow wax. I don't use brow wax. I don't have enough brows for wax or colored brow gel so this is nice that I am able to just buy the powder and eliminate all the other crap I won't use. The only thing I don't like is the size of the powder. It is tiny and expensive. I don't mind paying as long as it works and looks nice. I've read online that the old brow powder was a lot bigger and they have since made it smaller. I just hope they don't discontinue this brow powder as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Kathsabino

I have this is the shade medium brown, and my hair is a light brown, with sort of a red tint. I like to use the dark brown to outline the bottom of my brow and fill in any very sparse areas and for the outer third, and I like to use the light color for the inner half. I love this, it makes my eyes looks defined and it is very natural. I think it is worth the price, I've had this for 3 months, and I use this daily and it barely even looks used. Totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mcjennifer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just start of by saying my eyebrows are so thin and light that if you just glance at me without any brow powder you would probably think I have no eyebrows! I saw this product all over youtube and decided to check it out. It is pricier than the eyebrow powder I used before (NYX cake powder) but I wouldn't mind paying more for better looking eyebrows. I love this stuff! I am a teen and have been using this for almost a year. It is so natural yet makes my eyebrows looking full and nice. I use it with my Sephora brow brush #10. I get so many compliments on how my eyebrows are. I get so sad when it's time to wipe off my makeup because it's back to having no eyebrows...LOL. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not regret splurging on this product one bit! I have finally found a perfect match for my blonde eyebrows. I have eyebrows, but they are so light. With this magical powder, I can give them enough color to frame my face without going too dark. I have had this for a couple of months and use it every day and it is barely even dented. I know this will last a long time. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

My HG Brow powder. I get my brows done at Anastasia's every 3 weeks and this brow powder keeps my brows looking fresh even going into the 3rd week. Love this stuff. I have tried their pencil and wax pen but for the price and look, this one lasts forever and looks great. Buildable yet natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I prefer using this product to say, Mac eyeshadows, because the duo is not as highly pigmented, which is ideal when filling in brows. I don't have to worry about my brows looking unnatural or overly powdery, even when I put quite a bit of product on the brush.

I have pretty thick brows naturally, but I use it to bring out my arches and even out my brows. It gives them a polished look and really brings my whole face together.

The colors are also great because they are not warm toned browns, but instead cool toned and a bit ashy... super natural unless you are a red-head. I find most drugstore pencils and powders to be way too orange.

The two shades are necessary because I find I have to use the lighter shade on the inner parts of my brows and the darker shade through the arch. And sometimes I find mixing the two eyeshadows is great too!

A bit pricey, but I haven't hit the pan yet (and I've been using it for a while) and its a perfect product.

I've also started to use a tinted brow gel after using this powder, and the combo is amazing. It's not necessary, but the gel makes your natural hairs stand out a bit more. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jclark33

Always used a brow pencil but I found this at Sephora and I fell in love! It makes my brows look so much more natural and less harsh. Very good quality ...I can tell it will last a long time too. I bought the double sided brush by Anastasia as well. The brush is perfect too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Yolamed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first brow shadow I've ever purchased and I Love it! So natural looking if I had known I would have bought it much sooner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by trigforner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Mayday! Mayday!! We have HG status!! I am absolutely in LOVE with the brow powder duo. I am Asian (Chinese) and as any Asian girl can attest it can be really difficult to find the perfect eyebrow product. Our hair is black but our eyebrows are thin, sparse and can grow whichever way it wants to. Whenever an MUA does my brows they always come out too dark. Yes, I have black hair but I don't want to see my eyebrows match that dark color. Medium brown is the perfect color for me. I love how there's two colors that I can play with to give me more natural looking brows. The formulas is also divine. It has better staying power than a MAC eyeshadow and is creamier. I did my sister's wedding makeup and everyone commented on how great her brows looked! I've included a picture above

My duo came in a small, round black case, not the one showed in the picture. I think maybe they have changed the case?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No