April 24, 2014 | 1582 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I've been buying this since L'Oreal released it for sale. I will always buy it. It does not smudge, flake, or run, period. I apply the primer to both eyes, than mascara. I go back to the first eye for the second coat, to let the 1st coat set, but not dry in between. My features are smaller, so I always had a problem with larger mascara wands (including this one) depositing random dots of mascara in unwanted locations near my eye, but I've fixed that by blotting the end of the mascara wand on a paper towel before I apply it. Also this primer works better than any of the expensive ones I've tried, excepting Tart. Try it with BE Lash Domination.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by gore_gore_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara! Lasts all day and does not smudge. I've went to bed a few times with this mascara on, and when I woke up the next day my lashes looked just as good as when I applied it. The best part about this product is how easily it comes off. I've always been really gentle with the skin around my eyes (trying to avoid the crows feet for as long as possible!) and this mascara requires absolutely no rubbing, you can just pull off the "tubes" once wet.
One application tip: Don't use too much of the white primer, and make sure to coat both the tops and bottoms of your upper and lower lashes. The white primer will show through if you use too much or don't coat your lashes with the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by redondobabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does all the things other reviews have already mentioned: DOESN'T SMUDGE. LASTS ALL DAY. COMES OFF CLEAN. l'oreal beauty tubes FTW.
Gave up my expensive Blinc addiction for this drugstore HG. It is exactly how I like my makeup to be: 1. longlasting, 2. fix it and forget it. 3. quick to apply. 4. worth the expense. I don't mind paying a premium for good quality stuff, but this one does the job for waaaay less.
If you like "tubing" mascara, do yourself a favor and try this before you buy your next expensive tube of mascara. It may be just what you were looking for, at $20/$30 savings.
On a practical note, the primer sucks. Skip it. if I do use it for special occasions, I make sure to put the regular mascara on right after (don't wait for it to dry) and make sure to apply the black mascara on the top surface of your lashes as well. If you forget, it will look white when you close your eyes. Totally weird. Make sure to curl your lashes before using this, and don't expect a ton of volume, just length.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

The only tubing mascara I've tried before this was Clinique lash power (difficult to remove in comparison+ less length/volume than Loreal's). This L'oreal one is better for aforementioned reasons+price. Best drugstore mascara (having tried nearly everything except Almay and a couple of Maybelline ones) is Essence I love extreme volume mascara (pink tube). The best though there is a trick to using it. It isn't foolproof but I've been through 5-6 tubes so far. That one is tough to take off, though. That's where this L'oreal one triumphs. I have on occasion gone to sleep with it and woken up with perfectly intact lashes. It doesn't irritate my eyes because no flaking. Two bad points- very very stupid idea to make primer freakin WHITE!!! It takes up all my time trying to cover that up with the dark side and STILL i am left with greyish tinge. I cover that up with my Essence or Bourjois ones. Also clumps easily. Terrible wand brushes (both sides)!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dry. Clumps. Flaky. Yeah, those terms pretty much sum it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Kittens88

I have always been interested in this mascara but have been frightened off by the whole primer business. I have used two mascaras with the primer end and have been disappointed...And so the disappointment continues.

Due to this hesitation of the primer and the price tag of $18.00CDN, I was not running out to buy this mascara. However a recent trip to Singapore changed my mind. I was in transit in Beijing waiting for my connecting flight and I decided to check out Duty Free. There was a large L'Oreal stand and this item was being promoted. With the conversion of the dollars I paid around $7.00USD. And I swear it is a larger tube too. So why not?

I purchased the Black shade as it was the only one available.

When I travel I tend to forgo makeup until the last hour or so before the flight lands. Especially when I am travelling for 27 hours straight (and as a Flight Attendant wearing makeup in an airplane for a long time is just a pain to constantly touch up. It gets gross and melty very quickly). So I had a bare canvas for my new mascara.

So one hour before touchdown! I apply my face and am ready to try the new mascara. I opened the primer and found it to be a good, thick consistency. The brush was decent with small bristles. It applied nicely to the lashes and seemed to make them look lush.

I waited for about 5 minutes to let the primer dry before applying the mascara. I find if I don't let it dry my lashes turn grey. The brush and consistency is were similar to the primer end.

After applying it I must say I had a better effect from the primer. I found the mascara didn't apply nicely on top of the primer. It was hard actually to get it onto the lashes. My lashes became spidery and just unattractive. And of course, they went grey.

There was no volume or length. Just ugly, spidery, dry, flakey and grey lashes.

However, I did experiment the next day and just used the mascara end and did have some length added onto my lashes. But a few hours later I noticed flakey and dry lashes.

The best part of this mascara though? Washing it off. The 'tubes' that come off are just too much fun.

Overall this mascara is a mega, "Whomp whomp" for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The mascara alone doesn't do too much in terms of lengthening or voluminizing. There is the attached primer that can add volume...but the downside is that it tends to give a spidery look if the lashes are not combed well before applying the mascara. Some days I wear the primer if I want more of an impact. Other days, I just wear the mascara by itself for a more subtle look.

The secret is to learn how to apply this mascara, which is to pick an eye and finish it completely before moving to the other eye. Apply primer, comb lashes well, immediately apply mascara, comb lashes well. If you want to add a second coat of mascara, apply immediately and comb.

Do NOT wait for the primer to dry before adding the mascara; otherwise it'll look scraggly. Do NOT wait for the mascara to dry before adding a second coat for the same reason. Do NOT try more than two coats of mascara as it just doesn't work...at least, I can't get it to work.

I wear this mascara when working at the hospital because it requires no touching-up: it just does not smudge. The lashes last and last until I'm ready to remove them.

I've noticed one thing about the mascara: it tends to dry out faster than a regular mascara. I replace any mascara three to four months after opening for hygiene reasons, but I find that with continues use, this mascara becomes thicker and doesn't apply as smoothly. So I replace this one after only two months of use.

This mascara's price can vary widely: from about $9 in Target and WalMart up to $15 in my local drug store. Shop around to get the best price in your area.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! It stays on perfectly throughout the hot, humid summers down south and never smudges.

My favorite part is that it makes it super easy to take off your mascara at night. You just wash your face like you normally would and the little "tubes" just come right off. No mess no fuss :)

I will say that I layer another volumizing mascara over this one, but I still think it deserves 5 stars because it makes removal so easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by breyerchic04

I got a sample of Blinc mascara in my birchbox right before vacation a couple years ago, it was love at first use. That was my introduction to tube mascaras, I love that they don't give me a dark ring under my eye (which is already dark enough) or burn in any way. But there was no way I was spending nearly $30 every two or three months (I throw away my mascara every time I get a cold), so I looked at the MAC and Clinique options. They just don't work as well as Blinc which made me convinced that the drugstore tube mascara wouldn't perform either, but I gave it a shot. The formula is perfect! I don't really need length or volume in mascara, just a little bit plus a good shot of color is what I need, so I skip the primer and just use the mascara. The lippies were removed for the packaging, it's awkward to hold the center instead of the cap end and I wish it were available with just the mascara. It's still a fantastic deal, I have been able to wear it to the county fair all week and not had a single smudge or problem even through a couple tears, bits of rain, dust, and irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by emmalinaballerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for years & I'm so surprised at the bad reviews! This is the best mascara I've ever used. I have short thin eyelashes & when I use this I curl my eyelashes first, then I apply lots of the white stuff, wait for it to dry a little, then apply lots of the actual mascara! It works wonders for me.