L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide.
Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 1/16/2015 1:43:00 PM

This is my all time favorite mascara! I can't tell you how many times I've been asked if I have false eyelashes on. And as one who tends to sleep in my eye makeup, while they can stick together in the morning, you don't have racoon eyes.

I put 2-3 layers of the primer on, then while it's still wet, apply the black. I apply it until the white is covered. Usually at least 2 layers.

When I'm showering, I just take my fingers and lightly wipe the tubes off and they go down the drain. Hard to explain if you haven't cleaned all of them off the tub/shower, but it's worth it!

I have used other primer mascaras and love this one the best. I don't like the waterproof formula as well, but haven't needed it. This will stay on if you're careful about dabbing if you cry. You wouldn't be able to wear it in a pool or anything because when the tubes come up, they are somewhat large.

on 1/14/2015 5:29:00 AM

This is the only mascara I've used for years. It makes my already long lashes (thank you Careprost) SUPER long. When I met my husband and we first started spending the night together while first dating this mascara was a Godsend because it doesn't smear off while sleeping (hey, some nights I didn't get around to make up removal) and I'd wake up with the same long perfect lashes I fell asleep with. The "tubes" need hot water to be released from your lashes and even if you cry your eyes out at a wedding there will be no smearing or running. Even the sauna at the gym won't budge them - still perfect - until you use hot water to loosen the tubes and wash them away.

This is not a volumizing mascara so much as a lengthening one, which is fine by me because I primarily care about length. I hope they never discontinue this brilliant product, which I even prefer over fiber (messy) mascara like the one Younique sells.

on 1/13/2015 6:16:00 PM

This mascara is okay. It has great black pigment and I like the idea of the primer, but it didn't hold curl whatsoever. I love curled lashes. This also didn't make my lashes seem very thick or volumized either, just straight and sticklike, very brittle too.

on 12/19/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This mascara changed my life (Well, as much as a mascara can) - I have oily skin, so for almost 20 years i have been trying to find the magical smudge-proof mascara. Eventually I had given up, and resigned myself to not wearing eye makeup during the day since there was no way I would even make it to lunch time without horrible black smudging around my eyes. Almost like football-type black marks under my eyes. Then when I thought I took it all off at night, I would wake up with round two of the black smudge in the morning. This discouraged me from eye makeup in general because why wear eyeshadow if i couldn't wear mascara? It just looked unfinished.

This mascara literally doesn't smudge, I put it on at 7am and it still looks perfect at 11pm. (It will flake a tiny bit if i touch my eyes a lot, but that is my own fault) and then it comes off easily and completely with nothing but water.

Like a lot of other reviewers, I don't use the primer most of the time. It's clumpy and makes my lashes look funny unless I comb my lashes after every coat. Certainly no time for that in the morning. I just use the mascara end, and since it doesn't smudge, I can use it on both my top and bottom lashes. My lashes look well defined, and perfect for work.

on 12/14/2014 11:40:00 AM

LOVE this mascara! It truly extends my lashes like no other product I have tried. No flaking or clumping either.

Just apply the white coat first, wait a minute or so (this helps it to set and elongate the lash when black is applied). Then apply two coats, or more, of the black.

As someone who has short lashes, this product is great at really making them appear longer and stand out! I also use an eyelash curler beforehand, which helps my eyes to look more open and awake.

on 12/7/2014 11:48:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara I've ever used that doesn't give me raccoon eyes. I wish the wands were attached the each end and not the middle piece, but otherwise, it's perfection. SO happy that I found this!

on 11/26/2014 8:10:00 PM

I am kind of a mascara novice, so I won't claim to be that knowledgeable. Before starting to use this about a month ago, I only wore mascara on special occassions, because it would irriate my eyes and end up flaking all over as the day wore on. Somone on the MUB recommended this for sensitive eyes and long wear. What a welcome change! I can get enough coverage with just one coat (primer and then mascara) and it never irritates my eyes. There are no flakes or smudges. It can get the slightest but clumpy if you aren't careful with application, which is not a look I care for, but it's probably user error, and not the fault of the product. I will definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Love.
I have always had problems with my mascara flaking and leaving little black flecks on my face. As the day goes on and I get oilier, the flecks turn into smudges when I try to brush them off. This stuff doesn't budge! 14 hours of solid wear and not one flake! A little soap and water to wash them off- they came right off with no scrubbing or pulling.
I have a drawer full of other types of mascara and I can't go back. Double extend is my HG.

on 10/7/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this mascara! I am new to tubing mascaras- I bought this one, then thinking the grass could be greener, I also bought Clinique's Lash Power. Wrong, wrong, wrong- the L'Oreal is far superior. It goes on beautifully with or without the attached primer, makes my lashes longer with zero clumping or smudging, stays on even with allergy-eyes, has great black color and, best of all, comes off completely cleanly with warm water. I find myself using this almost exclusively. Kind of expensive for a drustore mascara, but so worth it.

Compare this to my experience with CLP, which is harder to apply, has no primer, and removal is much more trouble- it's difficult to get off my lashes with warm water and leaves little bits all over my face- yuck. So bad, I tossed it.

on 10/7/2014 12:36:00 PM

You can sweat, cry, sleep, even swim in this mascara and it will NOT budge. Yet when you're ready to take it off, it's super easy with just some warm water and a washcloth. What kind of wizardy is this?? Much more volumizing than Blinc tubing mascara. The only downsides are that it takes kind of a long time to put on (because it has 2 steps, duh), and after a few months it gets a little thick/gunky but still an HG in my book. WIZARDRY.