Lancome Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

3.8

Water/Aqua [] Cyclopentasiloxane [] Hydrogenated Polyisobutene [] Sorbitan Isostrearate [] Propylene Glycol [] Ozokerite [] Hexylene Glycol [] Urea [] Glycosaminoglycans [] Honey/Mel [] Sodium Hyaluronate [] Silica [] Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Chamomilla Recitita [] Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract/Centaurea Cyanis [] Polydihydroxyindole [] Tocopherol [] Magnesium Sulfate [] Disodium EDTA [] Isopropyl Titanium Triisostrearate [] Disteardimonium Hectorite [] Acrylates Copolymer [] Methylparaben [] Propylparaben [] Diazolidinyl Urea [] May Contain: Mica [] Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891 [] Iron Oxides/CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, B5456/1

on 11/16/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This may be my HG concealer! I've been looking off and on for a few years. I haven't been desperate, because i don't have puffy bags or really dark circles under my eyes, but i have blue quarter moons closer to my nose and tan quarter moons toward the center of my under eye. In my search i found two things: most concealers were too hard, waxy, pasty, or drying for my dry skin, and/or the color range did not include my fair neutral skin tone - most were too pink, or too peach, or too yellow.
I read reviews and descriptions on several sites while looking for concealers to test, and Maquicomplet ended up on my list. My local Sephora did not have the full range of colors, so i ended up with Light Buff, which is close but a tad too yellow and dark. Still i figured their return policy is so good that if i hated it, it would easy to return.
I am really happy with Maquicomplet: it blends like a dream into my foundation; it is moisturizing and soothing - and fortunately it does not irritated my often sensitive eyes. It stays soft, but it stays put, and doesn't dry up, crease, cake, or settle into fine lines.
I've read some complain that it goes on too thick, but i suspect that they applied it all over with the doe foot wand. What i do is put small dots where i want concealer - under my eyes, on a couple age spots, etc. Then i blend it out with clean fingers or a concealer brush. The silky texture blends out well and merges with my foundation.
Now i plan to go to a department store to test the fuller range of colors and i hope to find an even better match. My biggest concern is that i am not really certain how much is in that little tube and i'm going to use it up too soon, since it is expensive.
I would rather spend less, but multiple experiences with DS foundations and concealers have shown me that low end brands just don't work for me - they have been far too matte and drying, don't match my skin color, and irritate my skin and my eyes. So i am resigned to spending a bit more for products that feel good and behave well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After an exhausting amount of research, reading reviews online and getting as much information as possible, I bought the Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer.

I have been looking for a new concealer for a while. Since 1996 I have been using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in #3. If I really love a product, I tend to stay with it. But recently, I realized that as I have gotten older, my skin is now much drier and there were other products out there that might suit me better.

The SA suggested Claire II, which is perfect for my NW25 skin. I went to the department store without any concealer under my eyes. I thought the color was a perfect match and that is something when it comes to my skin. This shade isn't yellow based like the Laura Mercier SC and it's not pink based. It's a neutral shade that matches my skin tone beautifully. As I wore it around the mall, I noticed that it had good staying power and the skin under my eyes felt very soft. It's easy to apply with the doeskin wand and I use the Real Techniques domed shadow brush or the crease brush to blend and buff it.

I narrowed my choices down to Shiseido, Estee Lauder and Dior along with Lancome. I realized that being older and having very dry skin, the heavy concealers don't work for me. They emphasize the dryness and lines. I tested the concealers from all these lines and Dior Sculpt Smooth Lifting Concealer in 002 was my second favorite. But the Lancome concealer was the best match and that sealed it for me.

I have problems with undereye bags and puffiness. This concealer does an excellent job of hiding them as much as possible. I never look for miracles. I am realistic and know that the only way to get rid of undereye bags is plastic surgery. But until I decide to make that decision, this concealer will do the job! I am really pleased with my choice.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Coverage is great I honestly have no complaints as far that goes. It does a great job at concealing my blemishes and dark under eye circles. I have this in Suede and I am NW45/NC50 for reference. It has a doe foot applicatior which is fine to me because I can just swipe it on and pat it in with my fingers. Now what I don't like is the product that builds up aroundthe neck. I feel as if I have wasted more product there than what actually goes on my face. I am also not a fan of the price, yes I know that Lancome is a higher end brand, but for my wallet's sake I will not repurchase because its nothing extraordinary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am soooo disappointed:( I bought this at Belk's today and am pleased with the coverage how it didn't set into my under eye wrinkles as most concealers do...BUT it made my eyes water and itch. I think the sunscreen in it is the culpret? Not sure but I'm returning it tomorrow

on 3/22/2012 6:16:00 PM

Another disappointing concealer for me. I found the formula to be very thick and difficult to blend. Sets quickly to a matte finish which I like, but becomes very dry and sucks the moisture out of my skin and makes me look 10 years older. I tried using different moisturizers and primers to get this concealer to work for me as it's quite expensive and I really wanted it to work, but all attempts failed.

on 3/15/2012 8:16:00 PM

this is a great concealer, i pretty much put it on everyday on my dark circles and it really does the job but for the price it could be a lil better.

on 2/20/2012 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'll admit, the coverage is great. But what good is a good coverage concealer that lacks staying power? I have tried using this concealer under my foundation, over my foundation, and even alone set with powder. Unless there's another way to apply concealer to ensure that it lasts...this concealer has failed miserably. For how much this concealer costs, I definitely expected a lot more. If you don't mind touching up your makeup every hour or so, then this concealer will not disappoint, as the coverage is great. Otherwise, I'd advice you to continue on with your search for a good concealer that lasts a long time.

on 2/17/2012 1:42:00 PM

A liquid concealer with doe foot applicator. The packaging looks like it's a mascara and there is no way to keep the neck of it clean from product. I'm kind of pale and thought that the colour would be too dark but it matched pretty well when applied. If anything it showed how bright and obvious the other concealers I used looked. It lasted a long time so when I run out, I probably will repurchase. Wish it was a little cheaper though...

Good coverage for undereye area, no crease (almost), stays on well. Great concealer.

on 1/11/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do not have much going on when it comes to the under eye area but I do have a small amount of light blue on my inner corners. In my opinion this was ok. Definitly not worth the price. I did use it until it was half way through just to not waste it.. But I have found better at the drugstore.