April 23, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by BlueLibra20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

works great! Not greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff just burns my eczematous skin. Avoid using this on abraded skin as much as possible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. i have wacky stupid skin that reacts to who knows what in the air + it's often dry + itchy. I apply this several times a day to keep myself from scratching.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Had a sample of this for ages put away - rec'd. at a dermatologists appt. Ran out of most of my creams so I've been using all these samples I had stockpiled. I have to say I really like this! I've been using at night, goes on smooth, not too greasy, have had no breakouts. Searched at Ulta for it, a regular bottle was $15.00 so I waited. Heading toward register, they had deluxe samples (1 oz) for .99 each so I grabbed 3. This should last me a while. Can't believe I only spent $3 on a night cream. A big change for me - like most members here I've used high-end creams and drug store items. This cream really surprised me. Nice to have on hand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An HG product for me....Every now and then I'll use it on my face to soften and calm the skin...Mostly after running or after camping outside, etc. It seems to accelerate the skin's healing. I typically only use coconut oil on my body but sometimes I use this when I need a break from the coconut oil...Great product!
Update: I didn't change my review numbers but this product I realized clogs my pores a little. One or two nights won't hurt, but consistent use creates little clogged pores which I usually pick at.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by laceandpearls

I picked this moisturizer because of recommendations from acne.org and of course splendid reviews on MUA. Because I began using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for acne, my skin got dry and itchy a lot. I thought calming creme could help remedy that a little and maybe even help with redness.

FYI: I don't wear any makeup.

Pros:
-Does help itchiness and dryness
-Cream consistency makes it very easy to apply to the face, very "spreadable"
-Decent price, and dermatologist recommended
-Packaging was fine, not leaky

Cons:
-The biggest problem with this is that it has mineral oil in it. Though it has not really been proven, many people say that mineral is comodogenic and acnegenic. It has not made me break out but my face is SO greasy after using this. It is frankly kind of gross. I use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets on a daily basis, and when I use this on a day I use Eucerin, the greasiness goes onto the sheet so quickly. I didn't get a chance to check the ingredients in the store when I bought this. Had I did and saw mineral oil, I probably would not have bought it.
-Did not help with redness like I had hoped

I may use some more from time to time on a day where I use a lot of benzoyl peroxide, but I do not plan on repurchasing. I think people with dry skin can give this a try though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by arbyf12d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be probably one of the moisturizers that has worked on my face. I love how the packaging is, instead of it being in a big jar. A little goes a long way. It lasts forever for the price you pay too. I use this at night with other products I use for my acne prone skin. It has helped with redness, acne scars &some blemishes. It is thick but doesn't leave my face feeling oily since I don't need much to apply. It is also very, very, moisturizing. I use this especially when my skin's dry from all my acne products. I will repurchase &keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by zmg

I never registered with MakeupAlley with the intention of being a 'reviewer' but this product was so good I couldn't resist. I read on some of the other reviews that this cream took care of eczema. Since I was little, and I know I got it from my mother, I've had a milder form on the back of my upper arms that I've never been able to get rid off. Some of the B&BW cream worked in softening it but never appearance. Both the bumpy feeling and red, almost-acne like appearance have completely gone away after using Eucerin's Calming Creme only a week! Same for my mother. And you only have to use the tiniest bit to get results so it will last you a while despite looking so small for such a price. Very happy and I'll praise this product to whoever asks :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is thick - too heavy to be used on the face. It seems to work nicely on legs, but I don't really dig the sticky feeling. It doesn't moisturize as well as some of the Aveeno products (even though they are lighter), so I won't buy again, but if u like it thick, it's pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing thick moisturizer. Never ever greasy. I have occasionally used it on my face and never had a breakout. This really does calm my skin. I apply it after shaving and my skin never gets irritated or red. It doesn't have that stinging sensation that other lotions can have when applied after shaving or exfoliating. I actually like the smell it smells like bread to me. I will continue to buy this for years to come.