November 27, 2014 | 1585 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by nuts4dogs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had a terrible bout of dry, red and flaking skin from using tazorac. After a few days of very cold temperatures I should have laid off the taz. The pharmacist recommended the Eucerin calming and as soon as I put it on my face the redness started fading and within 24 hours of regular application my face was back to normal. Great value, love the big tube and overall just a fab product. This is a definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Twister17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the healthcare field so I wash my hands continuously and it has led to small patches of eczema developing on the backs of my hands & wrists - this creme healed them within a few days! Very soothing and sinks in fast, no stinging and smells good. I also use it on my legs after shaving to avoid that "tight skin" feeling. Only cons would be it was a bit pricey and I find the cap hard to flip open sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lurvelovin

This is a great moisturiser for my legs & hands in winter when they become dry and prone to dermatitis. It is non-greasy and absorbs into skin quickly, but is rich enough to provide a protective barrier. I like the large tube which lasts for a long time (10 oz has lasted me over a year). It's a shame that we don't carry the Eucerin line in Australia, otherwise I would definitely be stocking up on this one. I have not tried it on my face as I have extremely sensitive skin and glycerin seems to cause clogged pores and irritation. It is fragrance free but does not have a foul medicinal smell like other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by BlueLibra20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

works great! Not greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff just burns my eczematous skin. Avoid using this on abraded skin as much as possible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. i have wacky stupid skin that reacts to who knows what in the air + it's often dry + itchy. I apply this several times a day to keep myself from scratching.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Had a sample of this for ages put away - rec'd. at a dermatologists appt. Ran out of most of my creams so I've been using all these samples I had stockpiled. I have to say I really like this! I've been using at night, goes on smooth, not too greasy, have had no breakouts. Searched at Ulta for it, a regular bottle was $15.00 so I waited. Heading toward register, they had deluxe samples (1 oz) for .99 each so I grabbed 3. This should last me a while. Can't believe I only spent $3 on a night cream. A big change for me - like most members here I've used high-end creams and drug store items. This cream really surprised me. Nice to have on hand.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An HG product for me....Every now and then I'll use it on my face to soften and calm the skin...Mostly after running or after camping outside, etc. It seems to accelerate the skin's healing. I typically only use coconut oil on my body but sometimes I use this when I need a break from the coconut oil...Great product!
Update: I didn't change my review numbers but this product I realized clogs my pores a little. One or two nights won't hurt, but consistent use creates little clogged pores which I usually pick at.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by laceandpearls

I picked this moisturizer because of recommendations from acne.org and of course splendid reviews on MUA. Because I began using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for acne, my skin got dry and itchy a lot. I thought calming creme could help remedy that a little and maybe even help with redness.

FYI: I don't wear any makeup.

Pros:
-Does help itchiness and dryness
-Cream consistency makes it very easy to apply to the face, very "spreadable"
-Decent price, and dermatologist recommended
-Packaging was fine, not leaky

Cons:
-The biggest problem with this is that it has mineral oil in it. Though it has not really been proven, many people say that mineral is comodogenic and acnegenic. It has not made me break out but my face is SO greasy after using this. It is frankly kind of gross. I use Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets on a daily basis, and when I use this on a day I use Eucerin, the greasiness goes onto the sheet so quickly. I didn't get a chance to check the ingredients in the store when I bought this. Had I did and saw mineral oil, I probably would not have bought it.
-Did not help with redness like I had hoped

I may use some more from time to time on a day where I use a lot of benzoyl peroxide, but I do not plan on repurchasing. I think people with dry skin can give this a try though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by arbyf12d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be probably one of the moisturizers that has worked on my face. I love how the packaging is, instead of it being in a big jar. A little goes a long way. It lasts forever for the price you pay too. I use this at night with other products I use for my acne prone skin. It has helped with redness, acne scars &some blemishes. It is thick but doesn't leave my face feeling oily since I don't need much to apply. It is also very, very, moisturizing. I use this especially when my skin's dry from all my acne products. I will repurchase &keep purchasing.