Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.6

on 9/25/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 926 yesterday at Sephora and have been getting compliments on it all day! Right now I LOVE wearing champagne/ gold tones on my eyes and this over Smashbox's FIZZ is just amazing! love it!

on 7/10/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These are beyond gorgeous. I love the texture and pigmentation of these. They are amazing!! I love my teal one as it is one of the prettiest teal shades I've ever seen.

on 6/2/2008 8:52:00 PM

Another awesome product I discovered through MUA! This was my first Make Up For Ever product, and it won't be my last. Star Powder is a lovely, unique powder--I have it in 944 (White/Turquoise) and 942 (White/Mauve) and I'll probably get more.

First, the colors are really pretty and unique. Both of the SPs I have appear white at first in the jars, but when applied are gorgeous seafoam green or iridescent lilac. They're great highlighters, but I may have to try wearing these on their own for casual summery looks. They're a little shimmery and iridescent to wear to work, but sometimes I'll apply them over my boring work e/s to create a different funky after-work look.

These are very finely milled and very easy to apply. A little goes a long way, though--so use a light hand when applying these. I have many MAC pigments and Bare Escentuals glimmers and MUFE's Star Powder is better than both, IMO. At $18, though, they're on the expensive side, as you only get 0.09 oz. MAC Pigments, on the other hand, are $19 for 0.29 oz. Is the MUFE Star Powder worth the extra money? IMO, you betcha.

on 5/15/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have a couple of these (gold and turquoise), and I haven't had to repurchase after several years because a little really goes a long way. They are super pigmented and it's easy to overdo it. But what an impact they make! I wish I could buy the whole collection, but they are pretty pricey. However, I definitely will get the silver one day...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I have 2 of these. One is #90951; an extremely bright pink; and the other is #90944 which is white with a hint of blue shimmer. I'll talk about the pink first. So I bought this thinking it would be my favorite eyeshadow of all time and how nice it would look with yellow, but how wrong I was. I wore it the first day i bought it, and the next day my eyes were swollen and crusty. I read the package to see the ingredients, and on the back it said "Do not apply to eyes". Where else would you apply something hot pink that came in an eyeshadow container? Seriously that was a bad experience, but I should have read the package beforehand.

The second one I have is really nice, and it's meant for eyes. I like that it's highly pigmented and it comes in a nice little container. The colour reminds me of ice because it's white/blue.

Overall I like this eyeshadow, but just don't purchase #90951 for your eyes ^_^

on 3/22/2008 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, my goodness! I am totally in love with these! I have been a MACfanatic for years now; their Pigments are one of my all-time favorite products, but MUFE product are now the ones I reach for. Richly pigmented, with lovely shades! I now have 916- a lovely rose with gold highlight, 930- a deep bronze, 940- a duochrome with rose highlight, 942- a duochrome with violet highlight, and the most perfect gold ever, 922. The duochromes and the gold are colors that I cannot duplicate with my MAC pigments; for instance, the pink duochrome is lighter than MAC's Pink Opal. Super lasting-power, beautiful gleam without a glittery effect, same price as MAC. Love, love, love these!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These little shadow pots are nice :) The colors are lovely, I have 5 so far. The hot pink is the most pigmented, but it does stain your eyelids for a couple days, so be sure to use a good primer, which also helps the other colors last longer and look brighter and more intense. It seems to settle into my eye crease after a while if I don't use a primer. They are very pretty though!

on 12/21/2007 12:13:00 PM

I like that these come in a sifter. I have the hot pink, but only a sample, and like the girl before me it stains my lids but I use it there anyway with a really bright blue in the crease and my boyfriend decided I looked like a pron*. I took that as a compliment. :)

on 11/6/2007 11:21:00 PM

Ick, I bought Star Powder 954 purple, if you swatch it on your hand it is a super shimmery dark purple which is like spectakled with different shades, its really pretty but when I put it on my eyes, I don't know why but it was disgusting. There was barely any trace of shimmer left, it had an unbelieveable amount of fallout and it looked like I had been punched in the eye. I tried putting more on as I know it would probably need to be packed on a little more because it is a loose powder but this was no help it was so flat and dull, I did not like it at all.

I like these even better than MAC pigments. They are super expensive here but it's worth it. The colors are so beautiful and it goes on like a dream. It gives you that extra omph. Oh boy did it OMPH me. I will definitely start collecting these. I currently own 5. I wish they would make more colors soon.