October 22, 2014 | 1798 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Star Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another awesome product I discovered through MUA! This was my first Make Up For Ever product, and it won't be my last. Star Powder is a lovely, unique powder--I have it in 944 (White/Turquoise) and 942 (White/Mauve) and I'll probably get more.

First, the colors are really pretty and unique. Both of the SPs I have appear white at first in the jars, but when applied are gorgeous seafoam green or iridescent lilac. They're great highlighters, but I may have to try wearing these on their own for casual summery looks. They're a little shimmery and iridescent to wear to work, but sometimes I'll apply them over my boring work e/s to create a different funky after-work look.

These are very finely milled and very easy to apply. A little goes a long way, though--so use a light hand when applying these. I have many MAC pigments and Bare Escentuals glimmers and MUFE's Star Powder is better than both, IMO. At $18, though, they're on the expensive side, as you only get 0.09 oz. MAC Pigments, on the other hand, are $19 for 0.29 oz. Is the MUFE Star Powder worth the extra money? IMO, you betcha.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a couple of these (gold and turquoise), and I haven't had to repurchase after several years because a little really goes a long way. They are super pigmented and it's easy to overdo it. But what an impact they make! I wish I could buy the whole collection, but they are pretty pricey. However, I definitely will get the silver one day...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by devilsXmistress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so I have 2 of these. One is #90951; an extremely bright pink; and the other is #90944 which is white with a hint of blue shimmer. I'll talk about the pink first. So I bought this thinking it would be my favorite eyeshadow of all time and how nice it would look with yellow, but how wrong I was. I wore it the first day i bought it, and the next day my eyes were swollen and crusty. I read the package to see the ingredients, and on the back it said "Do not apply to eyes". Where else would you apply something hot pink that came in an eyeshadow container? Seriously that was a bad experience, but I should have read the package beforehand.

The second one I have is really nice, and it's meant for eyes. I like that it's highly pigmented and it comes in a nice little container. The colour reminds me of ice because it's white/blue.

Overall I like this eyeshadow, but just don't purchase #90951 for your eyes ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, my goodness! I am totally in love with these! I have been a MACfanatic for years now; their Pigments are one of my all-time favorite products, but MUFE product are now the ones I reach for. Richly pigmented, with lovely shades! I now have 916- a lovely rose with gold highlight, 930- a deep bronze, 940- a duochrome with rose highlight, 942- a duochrome with violet highlight, and the most perfect gold ever, 922. The duochromes and the gold are colors that I cannot duplicate with my MAC pigments; for instance, the pink duochrome is lighter than MAC's Pink Opal. Super lasting-power, beautiful gleam without a glittery effect, same price as MAC. Love, love, love these!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

These little shadow pots are nice :) The colors are lovely, I have 5 so far. The hot pink is the most pigmented, but it does stain your eyelids for a couple days, so be sure to use a good primer, which also helps the other colors last longer and look brighter and more intense. It seems to settle into my eye crease after a while if I don't use a primer. They are very pretty though!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by golickaclown

I like that these come in a sifter. I have the hot pink, but only a sample, and like the girl before me it stains my lids but I use it there anyway with a really bright blue in the crease and my boyfriend decided I looked like a pron*. I took that as a compliment. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by CImbr916

Ick, I bought Star Powder 954 purple, if you swatch it on your hand it is a super shimmery dark purple which is like spectakled with different shades, its really pretty but when I put it on my eyes, I don't know why but it was disgusting. There was barely any trace of shimmer left, it had an unbelieveable amount of fallout and it looked like I had been punched in the eye. I tried putting more on as I know it would probably need to be packed on a little more because it is a loose powder but this was no help it was so flat and dull, I did not like it at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by darlingbabygirl

I like these even better than MAC pigments. They are super expensive here but it's worth it. The colors are so beautiful and it goes on like a dream. It gives you that extra omph. Oh boy did it OMPH me. I will definitely start collecting these. I currently own 5. I wish they would make more colors soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by alien21xx

I bought this in a whole bunch of bronze and copper colors and I totally love it. I this dry because I have swimmingly huge eyes that would look to severe with too-bright colors.

First, the powder is so fine, but so pigmented. I'd say it's better than the pigmentation of my MAC pigments, so I don't need to use a lot for a beautiful wash of color on my eyelids. Second, it doesn't crease at all on my lids which is a real plus because I hate creased shadow. And last, there's no fallout of powder on my face or clothes at all while I'm applying. I'd say this is much much better than MAC pigments.

For the price, I'm taking out one point off my overall review because it's quite pricey for a small pot. But other than that, I have absolutely no more complaints. This is LOVE. I think I'll be buying up all the other colors quite soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by honeyjr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Star Powders. Particles are exremely fine. It's not glittery. The colours are awesome. I'm slowly building up my collection as they are not cheap...but a little goes a long way.