September 22, 2014 | 959 users online

Blush - MAC - Mineralize Blush - Gentle

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Described as "raspberry with gold pearl", I would say that Gentle is more of a dusty mid-toned pink (like the color of a blush wine) with a gold sheen. I am C5/NC42 & only need a touch of this for it to show up on me, so I would suggest that fairer ladies be moderate. The base color combined with the "pearl" gives me a very natural blushed GLOW and I love it! It looks very similar to how I expected (or at least hoped) NARS Orgasm would on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Although I'm a big fan of bright and light blushes, I am in total love for this blush because it's a darker shade which contours and gives colour to the cheeks at the same time! The colour is a really nice, plummy pink with tiny gold shimmer/sheen. When you look at it closely, you'll see the shimmers, but when you swatch it/apply it onto your cheeks, the shimmer kind of disappears, and becomes a sheen instead.

When I first swatched this blush, I wasn't loving it because of the sheen. I'm mainly a matte blush kind of person, but seeing how my foundation is matte, I figured a blush with a sheen would work. It gives my face a great contrast because my whole face would be matte due to my foundation, and then glowy cheeks. It really makes my cheeks pop with colour as well as highlighting them!

The longevity is great! I applied it around 12pm, and by 1AM it was still going strong! The colour stayed on my cheeks, but I did look more oily than I usually do because of the extra sheen from this blush.

This blush is super pigmented so a little goes a long way! One swipe is more than enough for both cheeks, so definitely, this blush will last for years (at least for me). The packaging is OK. Not the fanciest, but gets the job done. To be honest, I don't really care for the packaging. The price is $28 CDN, which is expensive IMO. But seeing how little you need, it'll last a long time so $28 is pretty reasonable.

Would I repurchase this? Yes I would..but when I'm finally done with this blush, I'd like to move on and try to find another fab. blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I really do like this blush even though I said I will not buy it again, because I think the one I have is gonna last me for ages. The color shows up berrish pink on me, easy to blend and has a nice sheen, not so schimmery. It is such an easy color to coordinate also, I was wearing it everyday with different looks for weeks a while back, but had to stop since I have so many other blushes that are not getting used. I still use it every week, just not everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by lk1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I was at the MAC counter and swatching blushes, when I came across this one and knew I had to get it! I love it, it's such a pretty color. A little tap of your brush picks up so much color, so you will have to apply lightly or you could easily overdo it with this blush since the color is so pigmented! I would so buy this blush again, but I doubt I'd ever hit pan because like I said a little goes a long way with this blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by merlotdc

MAC Gentle blush is my favourite blush I have ever bought, I repurchased it and I'm not even half way through my first one. It is quite pigmented which I like because I'm very pale so it helps brighten up my face. It has shimmer which picks up on the color of my eyes and in a way enhances it. since it is soo pigmented it is easy to look "cake facey" or like a clown if you over do it. But all in all, it is my favourite powder blush! I'll repurchase it forever <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by so0lastsummer

This blush is amazing! I don't usually buy MAC anything but I really wanted a good blush and when the lady put this on me at the store I just had to buy it. It gives a perfect pink glow with just a bit of shimmer to it. And the best part is this will last forever! I usually buy drug store blush but this was SO worth the money and you literally lay your brush over this and it picks up just enough for both cheeks. LOVE IT!! Oh and I tried it on my mom and my friend and it looked great on their complexions also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just to inform all of you that when I am doing a review I do not read any of the other reviewers reviews so that I can offer a constructive review based on my own thoughts,feelings and experience.Generally I own Mac and Shu Uemura blushes,both are high end products and quality generally is fantastic with both brands.I have not ever been disappointed with any of the brands since I own blush for every single look that exists.I use all of them in rotation and generally do not hit the bottom of the pan that quickly.Also generally the products are so pigmented and a little goes a long long way.If any one is hitting the pan Quickly then it can be suggested that the product is not being used appropriately.
This is a mineralize blush which has fantastic colour pay off with one swipe swatched on NC40 skin tone.It is a soft raspberry shade with gold shimmer laced through it.It is an absolutely stunning colour.It can work for most skin tones,you can apply with a lighter touch if you think it might be a tad too dark.The colour does remind me of plum foolery somewhat although in comparison plum foolery seems to be more pigmented,however gentle seems to contain more shimmer.I do like both colours which are similar but so different at the same time.
It is packaged in its usual round see through container,you place your brush in it,and it picks up the colour beautifully.
Thank you so much for reading my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my spring go-to blush for 2011. It has just the right amount of color without going overboard. It's a cool-toned blush so it really pops on my warm-toned skin. That being said, it's a must for me to take extra time to blend out the edges so that I don't look clownish.

I really like the MAC mineralize formulas, in general. They're finely milled and soft. I won't be repurchasing because I have other blushes that are somewhat similar in color and this batch will last me a long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom gave me to try the Gentle blush from MAC. At first, it looked beautiful, with that gorgeous pink-goldish shimmer. But that's how it looked in the compact. When I applied it on my skin, it didn't look so great. It flushed my skin out that I had to wipe it off. I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by BexV

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this blush! I didn't used to wear any blusher until I was introduced to style by MAC. I really love that too but I fancied a change, I wanted a pinky colour with cool tones - like you have just come in from the cold- this is perfect. I love the colour, as other people have said, it makes me feel like snow white! The colour lasts perfectly all day and the pan will last for forever- if I ever run out I would buy this again! :)