December 22, 2014 | 1925 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Madmiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My one and only facial cleanser!!! I have bought it 3x so far.

Why I love it:

-It is a rich creamy foam that works well with or without a clarisonic brush.

-Does not leave my skin feeling dry or tight, even during the winter when my skin is quite drier.

- 1.5 - 2 pumps of product goes a long way at removing medium to heavy makeup looks.

-Less steps are needed to remove makeup.
Example: Minimal to No need for an eye makeup remover!! This product is gentle & effective at removing some of the toughest mascaras!! Also there is no need to tone skin after using this antioxidant enriched cleanser.

-Price is about $40 CND and product can last for up to 6 months using it about twice daily.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sooo drying! Holy hell this stuff will strip your skin of every oil in it! I've been using Peter Thomas Roth whenever my skin is less than clear, and I go between that and Cetaphil. I'm looking for a nice moisturizer to use when my skin is normal because the Cetaphil is almost too gentle after a long day. This cleanser smells nice, and is a very thin foam. My face was white (I'm medium-toned African American) and extremely tight after use. I had to use my thick night cream immediately after--it's the morning, FYI. It was similar to using an Irish Spring bar of soap on my face. Will chalk it up as an at-least-I-tried-it buy and throw away. I absolutely LOVE Ole's other products and will pay big bucks for them, but this was a dud for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by xannav

Great cleanser, a little goes a long way. I have combo/dry skin and this doesn't dry out my skin or have that tight feeling. It's very effective at removing all my makeup without cleansing twice. I do use this with my clarisonic and works wonderfully. The smell is amazing.. Kinda like oranges. I may or may not repurchase this product again, I like trying new cleansers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I've gone through a lot of cleansers, and for the most part, many are the same for me. But THIS... I went out to dinner tonight and when I came home, I grabbed this to wash my face. Not even a minute later, ALL of my makeup came off! No scrubbing, no irritation, no second wash. My skin felt clean afterwards, not tight, and even an hour later, it feels soft and smooth. WOW. I am absolutely a new fan and I will definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by goddring

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love this
It is gentle and effective and reasonably priced. What more could I ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used a sample of this first with the 7 skincare wonder set. I am allergic to sls so was thrilled to find a foaming cleanser without it. I really love the Ole Henriksen line. It started with a free huge sample of Sheer Transformation from Sephora and I started to use the Super creme (also free) and then went from there! I am hooked. My awful aging, combo still acne prone skin is so happy! This removes make-up and also works well with the Mia. I love the smell of this and all the Ole products. I am a huge fan. This is not drying for me at all and doesn't leave a greasy film. A winner!
EDIT: After several months of using this, I no longer need my MIA to take off my make-up. I still use grape seed oil first and follow with this. It takes off everything and I still have over three quarters of the bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Foaming cleansers, like this African Red Tea, by Ole, are ideal for combo//oily skinned people like myself. Although this review summarizes only 2 days of treatment, I, decided to bite the bullet and describe my observations.

First, it's quite effective in removing makeup. By wetting your face first, and pushing the cleanser "pump" 1/2 way, it allows you plenty of product to swirl around on your face. I take a warm, wet washcloth to clean off. The aroma of oranges, is a plus during this step.

Second, it leaves no tacky residue on your face after cleansing. Your face feels super clean, but not tight and dry. Only several hours later, the face will feel slightly, and I mean only slightly, moisturized, but no greasiness. I definitely like the smooth, soft feel to the face afterwards.

I have not had any angry breakouts in response to this cleanser so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

The large size bottle of 7 ounces is plenty of product, especially if you use only 1/2 a pump for your cleansing. And it's plastic, so there's no need to handle with care.

I'm impressed by this product and have researched reviews concerning Henriksen. I would be willing to take a chance on other skin care by him, especially the anti-aging, or Vitamin C treatments, since I do have mature skin. Blessed with no wrinkles except the ll's between the eyebrows, I feel lucky my skin looks so good, being in my 50's. (Probably from my propensity to produce a lot of oil on my face!)

I tried this foaming cleanser, because of the MUA's glowing comments as well as the fact that my skin refuses to play well with oil cleansers like Boscia and Origins. Inevitably I tend to produce a pimple from the oil cleansers.

I would definitely re-purchase an Ole cleanser, if my face stays clear of milia or pimples. So far.....so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a kit and was pleasantly surprised by it. I have difficult skin and this was surprisingly gentle for a foaming cleanser. Ultimately I wont be buying it again unless my skin hits an oily patch. As of now, my skin is too dry for a foaming cleanser to be necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell and it actually DOES remove makeup. A lot of cleansers leave a film on your face but this stuff gets probably 95% of your makeup off, which is great! I do have to follow up with an eye makeup remover to touch up though. My complaint is two-fold: first, the pump gets clogged, the product sits at the tip and dries up. Second, its too drying for the winter. It was good for my combo skin in the summer but its gotten cold here and I have to stop using it. You definitely need a good moisturizer if you plan on using this. But I have sensitive skin and it didn't break me out at all!

So in short - I say its worth a try, but more for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this cleanser. Some people found that it dried them out but I found it was the perfect balance for my combination/oily skin. It left my skin comfortable and didn't strip the oil away yet gently cleansed my skin. The bonus was the smell - I love the smell. It's refreshing and delicious. The packaging is great too. One pump was just enough. Sometimes I use half a pump too and the pump is easy to control. The negatives are - you go through this cleanser fast since it is very liquidy and it's a foam pumper. In a few weeks, I had already used up quite a bit.

I will repurchase though. It's a great product. I switched from Fresh's Gentle cleanser to this because I found Fresh wasn't removing the excess oil from my oily skin. And Ole's did!