April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell and it actually DOES remove makeup. A lot of cleansers leave a film on your face but this stuff gets probably 95% of your makeup off, which is great! I do have to follow up with an eye makeup remover to touch up though. My complaint is two-fold: first, the pump gets clogged, the product sits at the tip and dries up. Second, its too drying for the winter. It was good for my combo skin in the summer but its gotten cold here and I have to stop using it. You definitely need a good moisturizer if you plan on using this. But I have sensitive skin and it didn't break me out at all!

So in short - I say its worth a try, but more for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. Some people found that it dried them out but I found it was the perfect balance for my combination/oily skin. It left my skin comfortable and didn't strip the oil away yet gently cleansed my skin. The bonus was the smell - I love the smell. It's refreshing and delicious. The packaging is great too. One pump was just enough. Sometimes I use half a pump too and the pump is easy to control. The negatives are - you go through this cleanser fast since it is very liquidy and it's a foam pumper. In a few weeks, I had already used up quite a bit.

I will repurchase though. It's a great product. I switched from Fresh's Gentle cleanser to this because I found Fresh wasn't removing the excess oil from my oily skin. And Ole's did!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This did not work on my sensitive, dry skin. I normally use the apricot face wash, but that doesn't seem to be carried at every Sephora. I bought this instead because it says it's for all skin types. Not true. Within 2 washes my skin was flaking. It didn't effect my sensitivity, but didn't work for dry skin. I'd use this if you have combo-oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Eljae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my current cleanser.
I've been using this cleanser for 5 months

I like the way my skin feels after each cleansing. It smells pretty good. Removes makeup.

I use it with a face exfoliating/cleansing brush when I'm in the shower.
I follow up with more products from this line. Meanwhile I don't see any difference in it's anti-aging elements. I don't know if it's because I'm 28, and look like I'm 21? My mom always told me to start good skin care when I'm in my mid-late 20's. So that's what I did when I bought this product.

I have sensitive skin with rosacea, and it doesn't irritate it at all! I do love that factor!

I do like this cleanser, but I'm still shopping for just the right cleanser.
I would buy it again, if I don't find the "right cleanser", because I do like it and it is in my top 5 cleansers I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser for about six months, coupled in with a L'Oreal cleanser. Well, the L'Oreal cleanser is out the window now - I'm pretty convinced this stuff is infinitely better.

First, the smell. I think I would buy it for the smell alone. Love it. Secondly, the little pump action... that bit is great, but after awhile, it does tend to get a little bit clogged up and will also need air. The sides of my bottle get sucked in after a few days and unscrewing the cap and allowing air back in is a necessity. Not such a big deal and it certainly won't stop me from repurchasing, but it is a flaw in the design. With that said, it's easy to use every last drop of the product due to the length of the little straw that sucks up the liquid and makes foam out of it. Nothing is more irksome than having some expensive product remaining that you can't get at!

Most importantly, though, the cleaning properties of this foam are most excellent. I was skeptical, I'll admit, thinking it wasn't heavy duty enough to cleanse makeup thoroughly. To my eternal shock, however, it's better at removing makeup (including eyeliner and mascara) than *any* other facial cleanser I've ever used. (I'm lazy and hate using makeup removing towelettes, so...) It leaves my perpetually annoying combination skin feeling hydrated enough without being too dry in the already-dry areas or too oily in the too-oily areas. Impressed.

It's good stuff... and when I consider the cost of my old face wash vs this one, this one lasts longer, smells better and appears to do a better job... not a difficult decision!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

The A.R.T Serum is what made me curious about this collection when I got a 1.5 oz sample of it in a Sephora order. I liked it so much, I ordered the full size on the Ole Henriksen website to get the cleanser (and free shipping that week). lol. OMG, it is DREAMY! I LOVE the orange creamsicle smell of this..same as the serum. I do notice it leaving my skin feeling tight for awhile, but ladies..how else do you expect your pores to shrink? lol. :-) That should be reassuring that the product is working. If it's really bad though, I would recommend following up with a moisturizer. I use the ART serum afterwards, & there's a marked difference in the texture, tone, & overall clarity in my skin. If you're a skincare fanatic like I am, OH products are worth the investment. There are products for every skin care concern, so there's something for everyone in this line.. & they work!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I bought a travel size for our last trip for both my husband and I. This cleanser smells amazing. Even my husband loves it and now he wants one for himself. It's a foam cleanser so you don't really need a whole lot. It cleanses well. My makeup was washed off no problem. The smell alone gets 5 lippies...LOL. The price is not so bad. Definitely will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser smells wonderful, kind of sweet. However, the foam was too thin for me to use it with my Clarisonic. It cleanses nicely, and I think it would be ideal for sensitive skin that doesn't usually get oily or break out. It didn't overdry my skin which was nice, and I would recommend it for normal skin types

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser. I was previously using Peter Thomas Roth's foam cleaser and this is similar but better. I use 2 pumps, which is a generous amount for my whole face, and it foams up really nicely and the texture becomes luxuriously creamy. The citrus scent is so lovely I look forward to using it. It rinses off easily and leaves the skin feeling clean but very comfortable, not tight at all. The packaging is nice and sturdy and it has a pump dispenser. It's everything I want in a cleanser, and has some great ingredients as well.

EDIT: This cleanser stripped the moisture from my skin and made it itchy and feel like sandpaper. I switched back to my old Peter Thomas Roth cleanser and my skin is slowly returning to normal. A real shame, because I really loved the smell and consistency of this cleanser, but it's obviously far too drying for me so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I personally really liked everything about this product, except for the price, lol. I wear makeup and it removes it thoroughly; I love the pump dispenser, the scent is lovely and the foam remains foamy. I have oily skin so I wasn't affected by the drying sensation some felt. I originally got the travel sized version which lasted 2.5 months! Amazing such a little goes a long way.