September 1, 2014 | 1208 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by goddring

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love this
It is gentle and effective and reasonably priced. What more could I ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used a sample of this first with the 7 skincare wonder set. I am allergic to sls so was thrilled to find a foaming cleanser without it. I really love the Ole Henriksen line. It started with a free huge sample of Sheer Transformation from Sephora and I started to use the Super creme (also free) and then went from there! I am hooked. My awful aging, combo still acne prone skin is so happy! This removes make-up and also works well with the Mia. I love the smell of this and all the Ole products. I am a huge fan. This is not drying for me at all and doesn't leave a greasy film. A winner!
EDIT: After several months of using this, I no longer need my MIA to take off my make-up. I still use grape seed oil first and follow with this. It takes off everything and I still have over three quarters of the bottle left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Foaming cleansers, like this African Red Tea, by Ole, are ideal for combo//oily skinned people like myself. Although this review summarizes only 2 days of treatment, I, decided to bite the bullet and describe my observations.

First, it's quite effective in removing makeup. By wetting your face first, and pushing the cleanser "pump" 1/2 way, it allows you plenty of product to swirl around on your face. I take a warm, wet washcloth to clean off. The aroma of oranges, is a plus during this step.

Second, it leaves no tacky residue on your face after cleansing. Your face feels super clean, but not tight and dry. Only several hours later, the face will feel slightly, and I mean only slightly, moisturized, but no greasiness. I definitely like the smooth, soft feel to the face afterwards.

I have not had any angry breakouts in response to this cleanser so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.

The large size bottle of 7 ounces is plenty of product, especially if you use only 1/2 a pump for your cleansing. And it's plastic, so there's no need to handle with care.

I'm impressed by this product and have researched reviews concerning Henriksen. I would be willing to take a chance on other skin care by him, especially the anti-aging, or Vitamin C treatments, since I do have mature skin. Blessed with no wrinkles except the ll's between the eyebrows, I feel lucky my skin looks so good, being in my 50's. (Probably from my propensity to produce a lot of oil on my face!)

I tried this foaming cleanser, because of the MUA's glowing comments as well as the fact that my skin refuses to play well with oil cleansers like Boscia and Origins. Inevitably I tend to produce a pimple from the oil cleansers.

I would definitely re-purchase an Ole cleanser, if my face stays clear of milia or pimples. So far.....so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a kit and was pleasantly surprised by it. I have difficult skin and this was surprisingly gentle for a foaming cleanser. Ultimately I wont be buying it again unless my skin hits an oily patch. As of now, my skin is too dry for a foaming cleanser to be necessary.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell and it actually DOES remove makeup. A lot of cleansers leave a film on your face but this stuff gets probably 95% of your makeup off, which is great! I do have to follow up with an eye makeup remover to touch up though. My complaint is two-fold: first, the pump gets clogged, the product sits at the tip and dries up. Second, its too drying for the winter. It was good for my combo skin in the summer but its gotten cold here and I have to stop using it. You definitely need a good moisturizer if you plan on using this. But I have sensitive skin and it didn't break me out at all!

So in short - I say its worth a try, but more for spring/summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. Some people found that it dried them out but I found it was the perfect balance for my combination/oily skin. It left my skin comfortable and didn't strip the oil away yet gently cleansed my skin. The bonus was the smell - I love the smell. It's refreshing and delicious. The packaging is great too. One pump was just enough. Sometimes I use half a pump too and the pump is easy to control. The negatives are - you go through this cleanser fast since it is very liquidy and it's a foam pumper. In a few weeks, I had already used up quite a bit.

I will repurchase though. It's a great product. I switched from Fresh's Gentle cleanser to this because I found Fresh wasn't removing the excess oil from my oily skin. And Ole's did!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This did not work on my sensitive, dry skin. I normally use the apricot face wash, but that doesn't seem to be carried at every Sephora. I bought this instead because it says it's for all skin types. Not true. Within 2 washes my skin was flaking. It didn't effect my sensitivity, but didn't work for dry skin. I'd use this if you have combo-oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Eljae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my current cleanser.
I've been using this cleanser for 5 months

I like the way my skin feels after each cleansing. It smells pretty good. Removes makeup.

I use it with a face exfoliating/cleansing brush when I'm in the shower.
I follow up with more products from this line. Meanwhile I don't see any difference in it's anti-aging elements. I don't know if it's because I'm 28, and look like I'm 21? My mom always told me to start good skin care when I'm in my mid-late 20's. So that's what I did when I bought this product.

I have sensitive skin with rosacea, and it doesn't irritate it at all! I do love that factor!

I do like this cleanser, but I'm still shopping for just the right cleanser.
I would buy it again, if I don't find the "right cleanser", because I do like it and it is in my top 5 cleansers I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this cleanser for about six months, coupled in with a L'Oreal cleanser. Well, the L'Oreal cleanser is out the window now - I'm pretty convinced this stuff is infinitely better.

First, the smell. I think I would buy it for the smell alone. Love it. Secondly, the little pump action... that bit is great, but after awhile, it does tend to get a little bit clogged up and will also need air. The sides of my bottle get sucked in after a few days and unscrewing the cap and allowing air back in is a necessity. Not such a big deal and it certainly won't stop me from repurchasing, but it is a flaw in the design. With that said, it's easy to use every last drop of the product due to the length of the little straw that sucks up the liquid and makes foam out of it. Nothing is more irksome than having some expensive product remaining that you can't get at!

Most importantly, though, the cleaning properties of this foam are most excellent. I was skeptical, I'll admit, thinking it wasn't heavy duty enough to cleanse makeup thoroughly. To my eternal shock, however, it's better at removing makeup (including eyeliner and mascara) than *any* other facial cleanser I've ever used. (I'm lazy and hate using makeup removing towelettes, so...) It leaves my perpetually annoying combination skin feeling hydrated enough without being too dry in the already-dry areas or too oily in the too-oily areas. Impressed.

It's good stuff... and when I consider the cost of my old face wash vs this one, this one lasts longer, smells better and appears to do a better job... not a difficult decision!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

The A.R.T Serum is what made me curious about this collection when I got a 1.5 oz sample of it in a Sephora order. I liked it so much, I ordered the full size on the Ole Henriksen website to get the cleanser (and free shipping that week). lol. OMG, it is DREAMY! I LOVE the orange creamsicle smell of this..same as the serum. I do notice it leaving my skin feeling tight for awhile, but ladies..how else do you expect your pores to shrink? lol. :-) That should be reassuring that the product is working. If it's really bad though, I would recommend following up with a moisturizer. I use the ART serum afterwards, & there's a marked difference in the texture, tone, & overall clarity in my skin. If you're a skincare fanatic like I am, OH products are worth the investment. There are products for every skin care concern, so there's something for everyone in this line.. & they work!