April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Honey9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok so I was looking for a oil free tinted moisturizer that would leave my skin somewhat dewy. I went into Sephora during the day and tried, too faced, tarte,bobbi brown and Laura Mercier. Finally Smashbox won the battle!!! It goes on smooth sheer with buildable coverage without looking cakey. The trick to smooth even application with tinted moisturizer is to apply with a Duo brush or any brush of your choice and makesure you buff gently into the skin : ) Back to the product it does not clog pores, or cause breakouts. It will give your skin an even look with a dewy glow!!!! I really like this product !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

This product does what it says it will. The texture out of the bottle is smooth, but greasy. However, when applied to my oily/combo skin - it leaves it looking dewy and fresh. It does a great job of evening skin tone and my visible capilaries (under nose) and uneven skin tone are close to invisible. The glow-giving properties of this cream distract from any imperfections while being a light weight, easy, and fast option before running out the door.

In a pinch - pack it for the beach (SPF), for camping, or road trips. It's easy to put a small (and I emphasize, a pinky tip's worth is enough for the face) amount in your palm and rub over your skin for a fresh finish.

I bought this at sephora, and the suggested a certain primer will help it to perform better - but I can't remember what! Basically, they said 1 type of pimer would make it flake (oil based maybe?) and another would help it with coverage..... neither here nor there though.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sabby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this stuff! For me it is a proper TM. Some ppl seem to expect a tinted moisturizer to more foundation-like and some are. If I wanted foundation I would use it. I find this to be perfect in that it is very creamy and moisturizing and it covers just enough and not too much. It even out my skin, leaves me glowy, and feels great on.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not sure what to think about this product. I woke up last Tuesday, thought "I'll go to Sephora and look at makeup" and got up and brushed my teeth and put on some clothes and drove to Sephora, stopping for gas along the way. It was a sunny day, a little hot but not too bad, and my skin had a "dewy" look to it already due to humidity. The freeway looked a little backed up so I took the long way to get there, which possibly added more of a dewy glow since it took so long and I was a little hot in the car.

Once arriving at Sephora, I asked an SA who was really nice and about 30 years old with red hair for samples of tinted moisturizers. I got one from Laura Mercier, one from Urban Decay, one from Stila, one from Clinique, one from Lancome, one from Josie Maran, one from Boscia, one from Sephora Brand, one from Philosophy, one from Tarte, one from DuWop, one from Clarins and this one from Smashbox. There was one other one too but I forgot it. When I remember, I will update.

The one from Smashbox is kinda sheer. Not super-sheer, but I would have to say pretty sheer. It has some light-reflecting properties to it that some might think looks too shiny. I don't really think it is too shiny, but I have to say it is a little bit shiny. There is an SPF in it of 15. I like an SPF, I guess a 15 is okay, but of course a higher one is better. But then I think maybe I don't really need a higher one, since I'm not out in the sun all that often. The last time I was really out in the sun long-term it was on a tropical vacation. I don't know when I'll be on a tropical vacation again so I don't want to worry too much about SPF I guess. If you have any good ideas for my next vacation please send me a message.

I liked the feeling of this going on, it's nice and smooth. It has almost a watery gel consistency. But not toooooo watery. Some people like creamier textures but I also sometimes like just a gel feeling to makeup. The gel makes it have some staying power. I guess it stayed on okay for about 7 hours or so I didn't really keep track because I had a doctor's appointment at 2, and also had to do some grocery shopping. I bought bread there because I was out of it. Also I bought milk.

I didn't break out bad from this TM, but it's hard to really say because I was close to my period the day I started using it. So I did get one or two small zits, but I'm not sure it was the TM. My periods lately have been kind of irregular. I'm not sure how this should affect my choice of a good TM but I am working on it.

I applied this TM with a brush, but you could probably use your hands or a sponge or some other kind of makeup applicator. I used about a nickel-sized amount and I would say it covered pretty well. You may need more than that if you have a big face, or less if you have a really small one. I also used some concealer, some powder and then a face mist to set it all. After that, I went and did some laundry consisting mostly of darks and brights. I used Tide followed with a lavender-scented fabric softener. Two loads took about an hour and a half. I was wearing the TM the whole time.

That night I almost forgot to take the TM off. I'm not sure how my skin would have reacted if I'd slept in it, but no worries because I removed it with a foaming cleanser and a washcloth. I don't use toner so I can't tell you if the cotton ball would have been clean or not. But chances are, it probably would have. I followed the cleanser with a little bit of oil-free lotion and went to bed, where I slept for around 8 hours. I don't remember what dreams I had, if any. But they were probably really, really really long dreams about makeup. They were probably dreams that went on and on and on for what seems like almost forever about makeup.

THIS REVIEW IS DEDICATED to all the people who are writing entire novels to review a product. Please for the love of all that's holy, please please learn to EDIT. :)

16 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by plummykeen

Love love LOVE this product. Very hydrating, sheer, and makes my skin look FLAWLESS. Though I don't love the price, it definitely is worth it. I think this is best applied with the hands and then blended with my Sigma Kabuki for a completely seamless look. Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by VelvetCity

Pros: Glides over pores, SPF bonus, sheer but even coverage, smooth and soft texture, nice packaging, good value, light as air not clogged feeling with dewy glow

Cons: It caused me to breakout slightly and I have normal/combination skin fair skin, *main reason: it is not at all long lasting! Especially in the summer humidity it literally melts and gets blotchy in a matter of hours. I think it is very similar to Mac's Face and Body foundation and may be better in the winter months for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by shybutterfly0910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok product. But for my NC 40 skin I had to mix the light and the medium shade together to get what I wanted. Such a waste of money. Will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Lilmissmagic86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading many great reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I am so happy to say that it was totally worth the splurge! I am in LOVE! Instantly removes redness and leaves my face with a lovely, dewy glow. I set with the tiniest bit of mineral powder, spray w/ Urban Decay's De-Slick spray, and I am good to go with a low-maintenance summer look. Love love love! A little on the pricey side, but worth it IMO. Will definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

this moisturizer is better than average. I got it in medium tone. I give it 4 lippies only because it takes alot of product for it to show on my skin. A bit of it is moisturizing enough, but to get that smooth and sheer looking skin, it takes more product. Considering the price of this, I was hoping a little would go a long way. I do like it more for summer more than my regular foundation, and use it with Baked Physicians Bronzer and Mac Mineralize SkinFinish in gold spill. It is light and does not weight the skin down. It's long lasting and has not broke me out. If I find something similar that's of as good quality, I'd settle!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Great tinted moisturizer! I mix it with a bit of Korres primer and it applies smoothly. I love how it makes my skin feel, and with a bit of primer mixed in, the coverage is just enough to even things out without looking fake. And I love any facial product with sunscreen in it!

My only complaint was the that Light shade was too dark for me, but I've ordered a tube in Fair and I'll save the Light for summer. Or if Fair turns out too light for me, I'll mix the two shades together.