October 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by alishaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to get a sample of this from Sephora after watching Lisa Eldridge rave about it on YouTube. I am so happy I tried this product, it has definitely become a HG. I use this sunscreen as a primer/moisturizer/sunscreen and it has worked wonders. I get oily on my T zone and this sunscreen keeps my shine under control, no product before has ever done that. I love this sunscreen!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by sylviaangelina

This stuff is really good. So weightless, no shine, no oily face. I can use it as a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hard to spread, I dont want to tug on my skin, maybe its too uber dry, lol. I like max all day moisture better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by mshuynh

This is stuff is freaking amazing! I brought it after researching paulas choice reviews for a body sunscreen as I've moved to northern California and HAVE to protect my arms and neck daily. It is completely weightless and I really can't tell I am wearing anything. I only wish you could get a bigger bottle. Things have come along way from the thick white sunscreen my mum used to plaster over me as a kid at the English seaside!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mimyyoung

The Good:
- Lightweight with a matte finish. This is definitely a plus since most of the sunscreen I have tried has left my face with an oily residue. It almost feels like it's not even there!
- UVA/UVB protection. What's the difference? UVA is responsible for the skin aging and wrinkles whereas UVB is responsible for the skin burning and sunburn which is responsible for skin cancer. Protection from both is simply a MUST! Just make sure you are not allergic to any of the active ingredients.
- Minimal or no breakouts. My skin has been acne prone for some time but after using this sunscreen, not much breakout occurred during the day. I would recommend this for those with sensitive skin like me.
- Nice bottle application. The bottle allows for precise amount of sunscreen to be applied to the finger without too much of a mess.

The Bad:
- Expensive. This product is $26 in Amazon and a similar price in Ulta and other beauty suppliers. It is quite pricey, but not so much when compared to other sunscreens, especially Dermalogica's sunscreen which I lucked out of buying.
- SPF 30. This is the highest I could find, but then again, I have read that anything above SPF 30 is questionable. I just want to make sure I am getting the best protection I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by daffodile

perfect just perfect....as I am very fair and have a acne prone skin I was afraid of all the sunscreens because they are all oily and made me break out..but this is perfect since I have switched my mustela oil free lotion to this and first you do not feel the product on your face it is better any kind of a moisturizer and gives you sun screen..it is not ithcy or caused any redness and made my skin oil free.also it not expensive ..totally a HG

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by poohpook

This is a nice matte sunscreen, but it balls up under makeup. I'm keeping it, as it will be good for summer due to its matteness/light feel and with a powder foundation, but it does not work with liquid foundation - makes me look as if I have face dandruff. Yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by indygal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is in my top 2 sunscreens. It really does leave a matte finish and does not feel greasy at all on my skin. I've used two bottles of this so far and have had no issues with breakouts. It doesn't ball up on me when layering over moisturizer and wears great under makeup. There's a good amount of product for the price too so it lasts a long time. The only reason I don't give it a 5 is because I prefer a higher PPD and I only use this in the winter and use higher protection in spring/summer. Definitely recommend and will re-buy.
EDIT-Downgrade to 2 since I found out this is not stable s/s. There's no octocrylene to stabilize the Avo in this. Too bad, I love the texture and finish of this one, but I want my s/s to protect me :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was initially against trying this sunscreen because of the negative reviews but I decided to give it try after I stood in Sephora trying every sunscreen they had and getting a whitish cast on my skin.

Of course I was trying them on the back of my hands but I digress.

This was the only one that didnt leave me looking like I had ashy hands so I purchased it.

I'm really glad I bought this sunscreen. Its really mattifying and leaves no ghost shadow on my face. I have super oily skin and all the other sunscreens I've used leave me super greasy and ghostly.

Even Neutragena Dry Touch left a little shine but that was the best I could find until now.

This is my new sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 7:18:00 AM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is better than other sunscreens for oily skinned people like myself but still leaves me quite oily. Sometimes I think this works for me and other days it's appears very greasy like I put butter on my face. I'm going to finish the bottle I have now and then will try something else as I am looking for the perfect sunscreen for super duper oily skinned people like myself.