Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 9/1/2012 11:44:00 AM

Love love love this mascara! I really like super black eye products - eyeliner, mascara etc, and this is a fantastic mascara! I love that it doesn't goop up your lashes even if you're wearing several coats. The brush has a nice curve that allows you to get to the root of your lashes-- that can be difficult to find in some mascaras. This mascara doesn't clump up and doesn't dry out as fast as other mascaras. I find some mascaras dry up really quickly, but I've used this mascara for longer than the recommended 3 months before and don't find any issues with it drying and clumping.

The only drawback I find with this mascara is the feature I liked the most about it - it's waterproof. This isn't just waterproof though - I find it can be really difficult to remove! I've tried a bunch of different eye makeup removers and I find it can be a really tedious task trying to remove the mascara at the end of the day. I use the clean and clear makeup dissolving wipes and they remove makeup really well and I still find it difficult to remove all of the mascara without pulling out a few lashes. That being said, I have used the diorshow blackout that is not waterproof, I find this one to last longer and no matter what the day brings- this will not budge!

It is pricey -- about $30-32 cdn for a tube - but as I've said in other reviews about diorshow mascara, it's well worth the price! Definitely in my top 5.

on 5/25/2012 3:46:00 AM

My new HG mascara! Definitely one of the best I've tried (even as good as my trusty MAC False Lashes Mascara!). It is super black and brings out as much length in your lashes. My lashes are really fair with blonde tips but are quite long, but you can never see them. The black makes them look huge! It volumises really well, and also holds curl. I was surprised by how well it separates them as well! It ticks all the boxes. The formula is nice and creamy and dries perfectly - not too quickly but it isn't wet either. It's very buildable, 2 coats creates an amazing amount of drama but doesn't clump. It's easy to work right into the lashes as well. 1 coat is also fairly natural for people that don't like their lashes huge! I'm really happy with this product and will definitely try again :) I just wish I discovered it earlier!

on 4/15/2012 3:11:00 PM

This is my current HG mascara. I've tried several since getting it and can't find one that matches it's performance. This mascara creates dramatic lashes. It volumizes really well and lengthens. The packaging is sturdy and a large tube with a nice big wand. I almost didn't buy this because I had purchased one of those sample packs of Dior Iconic and Diorshow at Sephora with two little tubes. Those mascaras were so awful. They were dry and I think maybe a little old. Then I decided to give the full size BlackOut a try and I'm so glad I did. It's expensive but it lasts a while since it's such a big tube.

on 4/7/2012 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Very expensive, but worth the money. I don't buy fake lashes anymore because this mascara creates so much drama on its own. This will be the only mascara I buy for now on.

on 4/7/2012 1:24:00 AM

This mascara does its job extremely well! It adds extreme length and volume. I have never suffered from 'spider lashes' even after 3 coats. I always get asked if i'm wearing fake lashes and no matter how many times i say "no, it's just the mascara i use" they still don't believe me!
Nothing will make this mascara budge. It takes me FOREVER to take off, even after a shower i can still see some left on my eyelashes. This is my all time favorite and i will always re purchase it.

on 3/13/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the formula. Very different from drug store mascara formulas. I don't like how it fades on my lower lashes. It like rubs on my skin and I have to clean it up like I have dark circles but I might not know how to use it. But very smooth.

on 2/26/2012 2:11:00 PM

This is an excellent mascara! It is the first high end mascara i have purchased, and i will now, unfortunately for my purse, be sticking to higher priced mascaras (Dior,Lancome etc). It gives amazing volume and length after the first coat and builds amazingly! Well worth the price :)

on 2/2/2012 10:46:00 AM

I did perhaps, maybe, possibly like this product however there are two qualms I have about this. It is not exactly the blackest mascara ever, I like really dark black pigmented mascaras and I think the best mascaras for that are Helena Rubinstein feline extarvaganza, Mac dazzle lash is second best and even Bourgois volume clubbing mascaras are better than this one. Having said that the colour is not so bad it def doesn't look ashy or grey in day light but it didn't look extremely black like some other non-carbon mascaras do. The other thing is that it is so excruciatingly, painfully hard to get this mascara off!!!!!!!!! I found this with bourgois volume clubbing too but this dior mascara doesn't even budge with makeup remover, it probably wouldn't even budge with sulphuric acid (dont try that though). At first I just willingly spent about an hour using up an entire bottle of eyemakeup remover to get about 80% of this off but eventually it would stress me out so much I would almost end up in tears. I wear contacts so the no budging aspect is NOT GOOD and waking up in the morning and trying to open my eyes after wearing this the day before really HURT! It leaves a residue like irremovable soot along the lashline, After a week or so I was left with hardly any lashes left!:((( overall I have found ALL the dior mascaras that I have tried to be highly disappointing I just dont go them to buy mascaras anymore sorry.

on 1/31/2012 5:38:00 PM

My favourite mascara ever. I've tried loads, but this one is the very best for me. Lashes are not heavy but thick and long, they don't stick to each other and the colour is impressive: shiny and deep black, as no other. No water nor tears or anything can take it off your lashes.
Totally worth its price.
It may be a little hard to get off since it "glues" to your lashes, but Sephora's waterproof bifasic remover is doing a good job for me.

on 1/3/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product, and it's become my HG which says a lot, since I'm really picky about mascara. I have thin, light, long and very straight lashes, and BlackOut provides great volume makes them beautiful black color with only one coat. I'm a mascara junkie, and this is the only one that truly makes my lashes stand out. The formula, and brush, are a bit tricky to use at first especially the first few weeks. This mascara is definitely better after it dries out a bit. I also tend to wipe off the brush a bit before I use it. The reasons I give this 4 lippies is because it's such a pain to get off! the only remover that seems to work is Neutrogena, which is a pain for me since I now live in Germany, where it isn't available, I have to stock up in the states. The other reason, is that it isn't completely waterproof, and can smudge, but this seems to only happen to me in high temperatures. Despite those two issues, this is a fabulous mascara, and I will be repurchasing.