July 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara does its job extremely well! It adds extreme length and volume. I have never suffered from 'spider lashes' even after 3 coats. I always get asked if i'm wearing fake lashes and no matter how many times i say "no, it's just the mascara i use" they still don't believe me!
Nothing will make this mascara budge. It takes me FOREVER to take off, even after a shower i can still see some left on my eyelashes. This is my all time favorite and i will always re purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by vnflores11

I like the formula. Very different from drug store mascara formulas. I don't like how it fades on my lower lashes. It like rubs on my skin and I have to clean it up like I have dark circles but I might not know how to use it. But very smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Sophieexx

This is an excellent mascara! It is the first high end mascara i have purchased, and i will now, unfortunately for my purse, be sticking to higher priced mascaras (Dior,Lancome etc). It gives amazing volume and length after the first coat and builds amazingly! Well worth the price :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by roubella

I did perhaps, maybe, possibly like this product however there are two qualms I have about this. It is not exactly the blackest mascara ever, I like really dark black pigmented mascaras and I think the best mascaras for that are Helena Rubinstein feline extarvaganza, Mac dazzle lash is second best and even Bourgois volume clubbing mascaras are better than this one. Having said that the colour is not so bad it def doesn't look ashy or grey in day light but it didn't look extremely black like some other non-carbon mascaras do. The other thing is that it is so excruciatingly, painfully hard to get this mascara off!!!!!!!!! I found this with bourgois volume clubbing too but this dior mascara doesn't even budge with makeup remover, it probably wouldn't even budge with sulphuric acid (dont try that though). At first I just willingly spent about an hour using up an entire bottle of eyemakeup remover to get about 80% of this off but eventually it would stress me out so much I would almost end up in tears. I wear contacts so the no budging aspect is NOT GOOD and waking up in the morning and trying to open my eyes after wearing this the day before really HURT! It leaves a residue like irremovable soot along the lashline, After a week or so I was left with hardly any lashes left!:((( overall I have found ALL the dior mascaras that I have tried to be highly disappointing I just dont go them to buy mascaras anymore sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite mascara ever. I've tried loads, but this one is the very best for me. Lashes are not heavy but thick and long, they don't stick to each other and the colour is impressive: shiny and deep black, as no other. No water nor tears or anything can take it off your lashes.
Totally worth its price.
It may be a little hard to get off since it "glues" to your lashes, but Sephora's waterproof bifasic remover is doing a good job for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jdh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product, and it's become my HG which says a lot, since I'm really picky about mascara. I have thin, light, long and very straight lashes, and BlackOut provides great volume makes them beautiful black color with only one coat. I'm a mascara junkie, and this is the only one that truly makes my lashes stand out. The formula, and brush, are a bit tricky to use at first especially the first few weeks. This mascara is definitely better after it dries out a bit. I also tend to wipe off the brush a bit before I use it. The reasons I give this 4 lippies is because it's such a pain to get off! the only remover that seems to work is Neutrogena, which is a pain for me since I now live in Germany, where it isn't available, I have to stock up in the states. The other reason, is that it isn't completely waterproof, and can smudge, but this seems to only happen to me in high temperatures. Despite those two issues, this is a fabulous mascara, and I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Phil4849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this at Sephora, and perhaps it was already stale or something, but it went on very clumpy and everytime I take the brush out, the bristles are all stuck together in a clump. The brush is horrible and never puts the product successfully onto my lashes.
I've had better luck using this product with other lash brushes.
The color is spectacular, and it adds SO much drama and beauty to your lashes compared with most black mascaras. It always looks flaky, I would say that it was old and dried out, but this is how it has been since I first bought it. However, it gives your eyes such a deep, sultry look. I love how it gives my FAVORITE lash look ( the look that some ppl who have naturally thick lashes have, where it seems like they might have eye liner on). But it makes the individual lashes look so gross and flaky fake.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by becmb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my HG mascara. I've tried so many brands and formulations that I just about gave up on finding the perfect one until I tried this. I have thin eyelashes that don't hold a curl, but these really add volume and hold to my lashes. Love the blackest black pigmentation, and it really doesn't smear. I have normal-oily lids which can cause most products to smear after 6 hours or so, but this stays where it's put. I love this more than Diorshow and Definicils, both of those were too "wet" and this may sound odd, but the perfume they add to those products are so strong that they can lead to my eyes watering. Blackout is great from first use and doesn't irritate my eyes. Only drawback, which is really minor to me, is that the staying power is so strong that I need to use those makeup remover wipes to take this off.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kaylanault

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty picky about my mascara. This one did not measure up to my mascara standards. It wasn't horrible though of course. Like another reviewer mentioned, it didn't flake... Who knows though in a few weeks it might. It's expensive. It does add color, texture and volume but in my opinion not much more impressive than any other brand, including low-priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm always on the lookout for mascara that doesn't flake or smudge, well I think I've found it in Dior Blackout Mascara. I put it on early in the morning, and it stays till I take it off at night. There's no smudging or running. I makes your lashes appear longer with one coat. The brush is a tad to big, but I'll deal with it. I usally use a drugstore mascara ( covergirl or maybelline ), but I'll repurchase the Dior.