Lancome Virtuose - Black Carat

3.0

on 6/29/2011 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand the hate for this mascara, but I really like it. It gives good length, volume, and holds a good curl. The black pigment is great too.

on 6/3/2011 12:27:00 AM

Clumps, very little volume and length, makes my lashes crunchy and hard to remove. Used it twice and then returned it.

on 5/21/2011 11:35:00 PM

Positive:

* Gives volume.
* Darkens lashes.

Negative:
* Much like any ordinary mascara.
* Shavings/flakes appear throughout the day.
* Pricey.
* Clumps, double coats not recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this mascara makes my lashes look great and easy to apply did not poke my eyes out like a couple i have had trouble with might make this my holy grail

on 4/13/2011 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrible, just plain horrible. It doesn't give me any length or volume. Staying power is a nightmare - I get a fall-out from hell with this mascara. I used to trust Lancome mascaras as mostly the quality is very good but this mascara has ruined it all. Stay away from this particular one!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Okay, first off I have long thick lashes already and I got this mascara so it would hold the curl of my lashes and it does a very good job in doing so. However, I do have have put on like 6 layers of this mascara to give a more dramatic look. I am trying all of the different Lancome mascaras because I know they are #1 in the world for mascara but so far Definicils is my absolute favorite.

on 12/16/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use Definicils, but went for this instead. The SA said that this would make my lashes look long, curled and as shiny-black as patent leather. No, it did not do any of that. I get better results from Maybelline mascaras, which are far less expensive. I'm sorry I didn't stick with the Definicils. I have short, sparse eyelashes, and this mascara didn't do much of anything for me, it just kind of darkened my lashes and made them lose whatever curl I put into them. What a total waste of $$.

on 12/14/2010 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara really disappointed me. It looks like I don't have mascara on at all. It was a big mistake to try this after having used Diorshow for a long time. Probably a great mascara if you have long, thick and curled lashes from nature. I would not recommend it for people who - like me - have short, thick and straight lashes. Virtuose mascara is just not good enough for me.

on 11/13/2010 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have shorter eyelashes that require a mascara that gives length and volume. This mascara does the trick, but the emphasis is definitely on volume. The curves brush does wonders for adding volume to my top lashes, and the back side of the scoop is perfect for doing my lower lashes. The end of the brush is also the perfect round shape for getting the lashes in the corner of my eyes so no lashes go uncoated. This mascara also lasts all day and doesn't flake or smear. The mascara formula is very creamy and goes on smoothly. My only complaint is that for some reason (I think because of the creamy formula) a lot of mascara ends up gathering at the opening of the tube when I put the brush back in. I like to keep my mascaras looking very clean no matter how old they are so this bothers me a little bit, and it also seems like a little bit of a waste. Overall though I really love this mascara.

on 11/9/2010 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I received this mascara as a gift coincidentally right after I went through my first Maybelline Falsies. Now I was blown away by how good the Maybelline mascara was, it volumized, lengthened and curled, but I thought it could not hold a candle to its equivalent of a high-end brand like Lancome. I was bitterly proven wrong.

This mascara does nothing! It doesn't curl, lenghten and most certainly does not give any volume. That's basically everything a curling mascara should do. And it dries in about 10 seconds so you have no chance to build it up with a couple more coats. If you try to do it anyway, you'll end up with super clumpy spider lashes.

I will continue using it since it was so expensive, but I can't wait till I finish it and buy a tube of Maybelline Falsies. Please do not waste your money on this w-a-a-y below-average mascara.