September 3, 2014 | 1006 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to day moisturizer. I absolutely love how this makes my skin soft but not greasy or leave any residue. It absorbs quickly into the skin. Best of all it does not have that sunscreen smell. It keeps your skin from getting oily but doesn't really mattifys the skin. Your skin will still be soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lizxphile

Took the plunge & bought this to try since I like the other Seaweed items from TBS. I don't particularly dislike this, but I don't love it. It does not mattify, and it feels moderately greasy to me, although not necessarily greasier than other SPF moisturizers. It didn't break me out but my face was pretty oily by the end of a day using this. I did also have to learn to not put so much on - once I adjusted how much I used it wasn't as bad... I will probably finish this tube but not sure I'll purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by pritha09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am having extremely oily and sensitive skin. Since the sea weed range suites me ,I bought this lotion .Though it didnot break me out but it didnt do me any good either. After 1 hour or so skin gets greasy and also skin looks dull after few hours of sun exposure. Definitely not satisfying..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

Hello there,
I've been using this product for 2 months, and I think it will lasts longer than I believe like any TBS product I have. :)

I purchased this lotion because I went to Bali, a wonderful island of Indonesia, and I knew I need some sun-protection specifically for my face. It's so important!

First time I used it, I did a mistake. Applied too much and greasy all day! After that I try to use only a small amount (as big as pea, maybe?), and it works! It IS mattifying my face and the sun-shield is the best part. <3

I won't purchase this again, because I want to try the Aloe Range from TBS. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I was using Anthelios SX, but found that my face was getting so oily throughout the day. I always had normal/dry skin until i moved from FL (humidity) to AZ (desert!). My skin went crazy!!

This lotion does a great job of mattifying my face throughout the day. Lightweight and has a great fragrance. I tried the whole seaweed line, but it was too drying in combination. However this lotion has worked quite well for me by itself.

UPDATE: Ended up returning this. My skin was still breaking out. Stopped using this and voila! much better. It really is a good product and does a good job of mattifying. I just don't think it worked with my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by eagle3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've using this product for 2 years. It doesnt have the greasy feeling and I live in a tropical country. Plus I'm outdoors most of the time. Moisturizes the drier areas of my face & no break outs on my T zone.
I find that sunblock with SPF 50 far more oily than this Seaweed product.If I use sunblock together with it, balances out somehow. I suppose it's the combination of products/make up used with the moisturiser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

This product sucks. I have oily and acne prone skin and while this did not break me out, it made me SO greasy throughout the day. NOT mattifying at all :( Not very moisturizing either. I mean, it's temporarily moisturizing (when you first put it on) but it has no lasting effects :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by zaharielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband got this for me for Valentine's Day, I love the seaweed line from the body shop! First I wasn't sure if I would like it.. I had been using the mattifying day cream (the one that comes in a little jar - without SPF) which left the area around my mouth a little dry.. Well, the first time I used this product, it was too much (..my bad..). The next time I only applied tiny dots around my face and spread them out evenly and I have to admit - I love it! It does help with my combination skin (I have a rather oily forehead and nose, perfectly balance cheeks that are neither oily nor dry, but very dry skin around my mouth lol) the area around my mouth no longer looks flaky and dry compared to the rest of my face, and with this moisturizer I feel confident enough to go all day without a lot of makeup, all I need is a little eyeliner a tiny bit of blush and I'm good to go - looking fresh. I feel like I'm doing something good for my skin, by going without heavy makeup and protecting it from the sun - thus I think I will start applying foundation and mineral powder only for special occasions. The price is good, since you don't need a lot of it and the tube helps with the regulation of the amount your using. Love it! I will definitely purchase this again, or have hubby do so! :P

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Average product with adequate amount of spf.
Nope. No oil control performance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hate this product as it breaks me out like nothing I've ever used before! I'm talking loads of really big, red and hurting zits all over my face, absolutely terrible. I was happy to find a moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin that has SPF (all face creams I've found with SPF in Sweden have been way to thick and greasy for my skin), but it ended up breaking me out much worse than the ones for normal/dry skin! The regular seaweed mattifying cream doesn't do this to me, so I guess it's the ingredients that protect against the sun that do it.

Worst thing is I can't return it because I bought it on vacation and it isn't even sold in Sweden. It took me a while to figure out that this cream was the problem so I never thought to return it while still away. And it was so expensive too! Huge disappointment!