Aveda Dry Remedy Treatment Masque

4.1

Aqeuous (Water/Aqua/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alchohol, Glycerin, Stearyl Dimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Buruti oil, Pomegranate Sterols, Orbignya Speciosa Kernel oil, Astrocaryun Murumuru seed butter, Tocopherol, Ethyl Macadamiate, Vinegar, Sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, jojoba seed oil, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, distearyldimonium chloride, Behentrimonium chloride, Polyquarternium-10, Behenamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, centrimonium chloride, dimethiconol, tricaprylyl citrate, dimethiconol meadowfoamate, glyceryl caprylate, dicaprylate maleate, palmamidopropyl trimonium methosulfate, alcohol denat., parfum, geraniol, limonene, Citronella, Eugenol, Linalool, Citral, citric acid, Sodium gluconate, potassium sorbate.

on 7/1/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a decent product. I got this as a sample along with the dry remedy shampoo and conditioner. I used an entire tube of sample on my thick 4a APL/BSL hair. This conditioner has a thick consistency with the Aveda herbal smell. I left it on for an hour or so and my hair was left soft and moisturized. I like it, but I probably won't purchase because this product is pretty expensive.

on 6/21/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I actually had this done as a treatment at the salon and it was lovely. My hair was very soft and shiny - no huge transformations with this one, but it has a nice smell and it's a good treat for your hair every now and then. I imagine a bottle would last a long time.

on 6/11/2010 3:00:00 PM

i'm surprised at how many people don't like this product. i really like it. i think the trick is to use it sparingly. once-twice a week is enough! at my salon we recommend once every 2 weeks. another thing is use it AFTER you use a clarifying shampoo. you want to get all of the excess product buildup out of your hair so this product can really sink in. leave it on for at least 5 mins. i leave mine on for 20 with a shower cap over it and it makes my ends feel like i just got an awesome trim. the only thing i don't like is the smell and the bottle. i'm not really partial to the herbal/organic/natural smells and the toothpaste like bottle/tube makes it hard to get the product out.

on 6/1/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product makes my hair soft and silkier after using it. During the day though, it dries up a tiny bit--however, that also may be b/c I spray a heat-tamer spray on my hair and redo some of my curls in the morning. It's still pretty soft though--for some reason, it makes the hair on the top of my head really soft and silky, much more so that the rest. I think this product would be amazing for somebody with straight or slightly wavy hair, and just pretty good for the curly girlies. Idk about fine-haired-it might make it a little oily.

on 5/31/2010 2:44:00 PM

I got this as a sample from the Aveda store. I like it and it works fairly well, but it's so overpriced. I have cheaper conditioners that work just as well as this. I don't see a significant difference with my hair when I use this. I use this on the tips of my hair just to strengthen them. It's fine, but I will definitely not purchase.

on 5/26/2010 8:17:00 PM

For anyone with brittle, dry hair, this is something to try. I have fine hair, but every now and then this masque helps to quench any dryness that it has in it. It's a thick and rich paste almost that can be left on over night if need be and helps to soften and shine hair. I love the aroma and the results, but I can't use it too often seeing as how rich it is.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I was looking for a deep moisturizing mask for my locks and I think I found it. I sometimes use this all on its own though out my hair (when my hair really needs it), but I mostly use it along with a conditioner and use this just at the ends. The smell is amazing. The website describes the scent as being "palmarosa, ylang ylang and rose geranium, plus a hint of vanilla." I enjoy natural/organic scented body products and the scent to some might not be as liked.

on 3/28/2010 8:24:00 PM

Non-descript. Funny smell. Comparable to drug store hair products. Non-transformative. Small amount for price.

Take it from me. I spare no expense on my hair but this product just isn't worth it. Biolage, Redken, and Semi di Lino make FAR better hair masques and I feel justified in spending $$ on them!!

on 10/5/2009 4:40:00 PM

I really love this masque. I massage it into my hair for about three minutes and when I rinse it out my hair feels so amazing. I even love the smell because it smells like I just got back from the salon.

on 8/15/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

When I first used this, I loved it.I had a weave and I put this on my roots. I put A LOT on my roots. It worked well. It lasted for 2 days, the softness. The more and more I used this product (every 3 days), the less and less effective it became

When I took my hair down, I used it all over my hair. it was just... okay. It is absolutely not worth the price. I am never buying this again. I only bought it because my mom gave me some money and I really wanted to like this product because the FIRST time I used it, I was in amazement, but... yah.